It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Jess (the slacker) has returned.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:38 pm

hehe yeah thats great! not great when u are between clothing sizes, half mine are too big the other half are just a tad too small :p

i will measure myself tonite, and maybe once a week or 2 weeks
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:31 am

well i just did my workout DVD (all but one section of it - this one part requires many small, fast paced movements with the feet and as my ankles and shins are hurting today, that won't be happening!) - that means i've exercised 4 days in a row now, which qualifies me for a small takeaway meal on the weekend, yay! i've been eating really well aside from a couple of biccies at work yesterday. i have been eating lots of fruit and my water intake is higher than it has probably ever been! i went through 2 and a half 750ml bottles yesteday, woohoo! we have all this coke in the fridge left over from our BBQ on the weekend but it's not coke zero, it's the really sugary stuff which hurts my teeth so bad when i drink it, so i haven't touched the stuff!

nick got up early this morning but i think he could see that i was exhausted when i got home from work last night and decided to let me sleep until 8 when i had to get up to take him to work, isntead of dragging me out of bed for a jog. i said to him that i would exercise anyway, which i have now, so woohoo! i so badly want to call in sick to work today, and just sleep and organise a few things, but i would need a doctors certificate and i dunno if i even have any sick leave accumulated so i'm gonna head in :( hahaha. i guess i'm lucky that i'm NOT sick though!!

anyway, gotta get ready to go in for another late shift now *sigh* catch you all soon!
jeshka

Postby jeshka » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:06 am

well today i have nominated as my day-off from exercise for the week. i'm still going to eat well of course, but i am just so god damn exhausted from working the late shift this week and then having to get up early to take Nick to work. my body is not used to this routine, let alone also exercising 4 days of the week so far! tomorrow morning i will have a biiiig sleep-in and be all refreshed so that i can exercise it up on the weekend!

good news - i am feeling it already. i can't see a difference (although Nick says he can already in my legs!) but i can feel that my calves are becoming firmer (where it used to be just jelly - when i am resting them, they feel almost as hard as when i usually tense them up!) and overall the skin on my legs is feeling smoother - maybe a sign that the cellulite might fade away a bit after all? i can't feel a difference in any other part of me yet, but what i've got so far is just further encouragement to keep this thing going - woohoo! :)
jeshka

Postby oostevens » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:49 am

woohoo thats awesome :)

isn't it great when u feel u are diff after working out. and i am sure ur boy is correct in the changes he can see :)

today is my rest day for workin out too seeing as i wont have time to :p but back into it tomorrow, might even do a double hehe

i have been getting up foir work alone. usually hubby gets up before me so he can get ready buit he was on holidays so my routine has changed a bit too

what exercise dvd is it?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:19 am

it's The Hotpants Workout - it's by one of the choreographers from So You Think You Can Dance. It's a little bit gay but still fun! hahaha.

HOORAY my internet speed has gone back up :) woohoo!

i had my rest day yesterday which was much needed and well earned, still ate well though. Today I am going to have a small takeaway meal for lunch, not sure what yet. We are going out tonight - we have some spare cash so a night at the club is in order. There'll be much dancing (i always end up with a bright red face, sweating like mad after an hour haha) and much drinking also, but not to the point of being dreadfully hungover tomorrow. While the drinks I'll be having aren't exactly going to be calorie friendly, the dancing will be a great workout - I always feel it in my legs and butt for days afterwards! Can't wait!! :) I'm thinking of getting something healthy for my lunch today like a subway 6 grams or less 6-inch or something, just to make up for the sugar in the drinks I'll be having tonight. Probably a wise choice!

Anywho, I hope everyone has a great weekend!! :)
jeshka

Postby oostevens » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:15 am

YAY FOR FASTER INTERNET

ooh dancing!

have a good weekend??
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby jeshka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:19 am

Well i ended up with a hangover yesterday :( damn it! But we went swimming yesterday afternoon so that helped to make up for the not-so-good breakfast i had! I am feeling sore around my mid section - all the muscles running from my butt up to my shoulders are aching today. I have sunstroke - I went to work this morning but just felt really ill and dizzy so i went to the doc and he said to rest and keep up my fluids. I suppose it's not a good idea to spend 5 hours out on a boat in the sun when you're already all hungover and dehydrated! Ah well, it was fun at the time :)

Thinking of taking my measurements today - I was going to do it on the weekend but i was barely home. In total I exercised 6 days last week (including the swimming and the dancing - hey, every bit counts!) and ate very well :) hooray!
jeshka

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:45 am

Exercising 6 out of 7 days is fantastic! Good on you and keep up the good work!

I hope you get over the sun stroke quickly. It sounds awful.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby jeshka » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:49 pm

i just took my measurements - most things stayed the same, though i lost 4cm off my tummy (which could just be cos i've hardly eaten at all today *shrugs*) and about 1/2 to 1&1/2cm off waist, hips and bum. hey, results are results! i'm not gonna get disheartened because i only measured myself like 5 days ago, and it's not like i'm instantly going to see results after 1 week of exercise and good eating. Besides, I can feel a difference. My bikini bottoms fitted me slightly better yesterday - I may have only lost 1cm off my butt, but that's measuring it at the biggest point only - that doesn't take into account if any other part of it has shrunk or toned up! Since that's not really something you can easily measure, I'm not going to dwell on it - I'll know there's a difference when my jeans fit me better :)
jeshka

Postby milkyway » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:23 pm

Oh you poor thing - sunstroke is no fun. Hope you're feeling 100% by tomorrow. Anyway, I'm sure Saturday night was worth the hangover ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby jeshka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:00 pm

omgaawwwwd what a hectic week! i have done NO exercise :'( but i have been on the early shift at work all week, getting up at 6am (after working the late shift all last week, it's VERY hard to adjust to!) and hating it big time. By the time I get home, I am absolutely knackered! Spent every afternoon and night this week trying to sort out stuff for the big move back up to QLD - exciting!!! Haven't been too bad with eating, though Nicks mum gave us a big box of cadbury favourites, which i have been picking at. Still, it's only like 2 or 3 a day, compared to the old 6 in one sitting! I have still been having fruit for breakfast, and occasionally a milo in the morning when i have time. sandwiches and soups for lunch. dinners haven't been great - we had steak and vegies monday night which was great - i cooked it, which Nick was stoked about cos that's such a rare occurance!! - but tuesday night we had chicken wings (JUST chicken wings, nothing else) and last night we had steak with one of those packet mix pasta side dishes. So yummy, but not the best choice for din dins. tonight it's probably gonna be stir fry (satay beef, yums! but with hokkien noodles - bad for carbs) or chicken and vegies, depending on what time nick gets home tonight.

we have a very very busy and frantic 2 weeks ahead of us, i have a feeling i'm going to be freaking out that much that i might stress some weight off myself hahaha. but i also have a feeling that i will be grabbing quick and easy foods to eat when i have time - ie take away and chips and junk. all about the willpower! my teeth are starting to get a bit sensitive so i have gotta cut down my sugar and soft drink intake even more til they get back to normal. totally addicted to bread at the moment. it is soooooooooo good - my favourite is just soft sesame-seed-crust bread with butter. nothing else. yummmmmmmmmm!
jeshka

Postby oostevens » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 pm

oooh are u still moving back to where you use to live? cos that is soo near me :p like 15mins away ha ha, we should start an exercise group :p

its ok to have a bad week, only because i am having one too :p no working out for me muahahaha beer instead :p oh and its ttom so i dont feel like it

i am sure u and i can easily get bak into it next week :) start a fresh, or u can start tomorrow :p (i will start on sunday)

sucks to be working soo early and it disrupting ur routine.

but i reckon in no time u shall be back into it again :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Previous

Return to Personal Progress