It is currently Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:24 am

Free Newsletter

EvilWombatQueen's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

EvilWombatQueen's progress

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:10 am

I have two things to be very proud of this week.

Firstly my legs are starting to get muscley and a wee bit more defined. All of these muscles are still covered by a generous layer of fat, but I can feel them becoming more solid underneath it all. I'm not currently worried too much about regaining my rugby player thighs of my youth, I'm just happy they're not wobbling so much. I can thank a lot of running, powerwalking and my FitFlops for this gradual change.

I'm also very pleased with myself that I resisted buying potato chips tonight. Normally when I have a severe hankering I justify it to myself, arguing that I don't eat _____ (insert wicked food here)____ that often, so it won't hurt to treat myself once in a while. Which is great in theory, but doesn't work when every day there's some new 'occasional' treat. Chocolate one day. Wine the next. Chippies the day after... Who knew 'occasional' could be so regular?

Instead I waited the craving out. And it worked! I actually lost interest in chippies! (Something I didn't think physically possible). I had a healthy dinner of home-made mung dhal, brown rice and salad. Sure I had two glasses of wine, but I factored them into my calorie allowance so they shouldn't set me back at all.

Ways I'm currently dealing with cravings:

- Self analysis. Why do I want to snack? Am I bored? Do I crave a particular taste? Am I genuinely hungry? Am I thirsty?

- If I'm craving a taste, can it be substituted with something near enough but healthier? I find a small piece of dark chocolate really takes the edge off a chockie craving, but isn't as more-ish as milk (or soymilk) chocolate.

- Waiting. If I'm not hungry the craving will go away. If I am hungry then if it's a low level hunger I can put up with it. If it increases it's a sign that I really need to eat. And by then I'm hungry enough to want to eat something healthy.

- Distraction. Now I'm on annual leave I'm reading a lot. And I barely snack at all while I'm reading.

Weigh in day tomorrow. However as it's been hideously hot for the last few days I'm expecting a fair amount of water retention. I may end up re-weighing myself on Sunday and taking that as my official figure instead.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:51 am

Weigh in for Saturday 15 December 2007: 71.2kg

I lost 0.9kg since last week, which is the same amount I lost the week before. This is more than I was losing per week while doing Weight Watchers, and I'm still managing to have a glass or two of red wine most nights!

A combination of calorie counting (using CalorieKing.com.au) and increased exercise seems to be just the thing for me. I just wish I'd started doing this years ago!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:36 am

way to go, goodluck for next weigh in.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:52 pm

Hey - that's a great weightloss for the week. Well done :)

I am going to start keeping track of my calories ... again :roll: I really need to make the effort otherwise I have a tendency to go off the rails.

Enjoy your weekend :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:15 pm

Thanks for the positive feedback, MilkyWay and Soon2BeAYummyMummy. I'm sorry to say that after that successful weigh in I had a bad weekend when it comes to diet and exercise.

My parents were visiting from Wodonga and bought bags of snacks with them. I ended up drinking far too much wine and eating too much rubbish. It was mostly rice crackers, so not as bad as my normal get-togethers with my parents where I'd be pigging out on potato chips. But I know I went way over my calorie allowance because I also missed out on any exercise on the weekend.

Oh well. I'll just have to make sure I take lots of chopped veggies and salsa next time they come to Melbourne and alternate glasses of wine with diet soft-drink.

Live and learn I guess.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:21 am

Well - ya gotta live a little ;) Especially at this time of year. Moderation is the key. It's OK to snack on the yummy treats you like from time to time :) So don't be too hard on yourself. Try and throw in an extra exercise session this week. It probably won't affect your next weigh-in too badly.

Wine is one of my biggest downfalls :oops:
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:18 am

This week has been awful for my diet and exercise. It's been too hot, stormy or rainy to get out and run or power-walk. It's too hot in my flat to do an exercise DVD. And I've been drinking way too much wine. I've been walking everywhere to do my Christmas shopping but it doesn't seem to be having much of an effect on my weight loss.

On the upside I haven't been snacking. I've only had healthy food and I've been eating sensible portions. The problem is definitely the lack of exercise and excess alcohol. I'm not sure if I'm retaining water because it's so damn hot and I haven't been drinking enough water, but it's starting to look like I've actually gained weight this week. My weigh-in is tomorrow so we'll know for sure then. I'm not looking forward to it.

Today I'm going to buy a bucket of fruit and veggies and eat only that today. No drinking. Try to do some additional exercise even if it's only a couple of sit-ups and ten minutes on the thigh-blaster.

I hate Summer. I hate Christmas. They made me gain weight. :cry:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:53 pm

This week's weigh-in: 71.0kg

A loss of 200g this week. Disappointing compared to the last two weeks, but pretty good considering how little I've exercised and how much I've drank!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:12 pm

You have weeks like sometime... at least it wasn't a gain :) Hang in there - you'll be in the sixties soon!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:43 am

Speaking of gaining, I had a very bad week this week :( . I gained 100g. Not too bad when you consider that we had Xmas and I'm probably retaining 2 litres of water in this god-awful heat, but disappointing considering I got right back on track on Boxing Day and I've been carefully counting calories and exercising most days this week.

I think I may be cranky from the heat and it being TTOTM. It's going to be ridiculously hot for the next three or four days, we have no air-conditioner and I'm desperate to start exercising again.

On the upside I've started listening to the weight-loss hypnosis CD I bought on Ebay. If nothing else it's nice and relaxing. I've noticed my appetite decreasing a little, but that could be because of the heat.

I'm going to do a lot of housework today (I have an old friend coming over) so hopefully that will burn a few calories.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:48 am

100g gain at this time of the year is like nothing! I say congrats :P I'm hoping my scales are reasonably friendly on Monday but I'm not expecting a loss - maybe a .5kg gain at the very least.

Have fun doing the housework. I don't envy you :P Where do you live? I'm in Melbourne and we're in for a few scorchers so I'm going to either workout at the gym in aircon comfort or go for a run early in the morning before it gets too hot.

Hope you have a nice time with your old friend :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:51 am

I'm in Melbourne too! It was already hideously hot by 9am today so even a morning jog was out of the question for me (I'm a bit of a wuss, though). It's supposed to be 41 degrees on Monday. I really should join a gym if I have any hope of exercising over Summer.

Good luck with your weigh-in on Monday, MilkyWay!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:02 am

a 100g gain is not bad at all at this time of year! my christmas shopping counted for most of my exercise as well recently!

and it is way too hot in melbourne to be exercising outside today - i'll join you in being a wuss! i was hoping to go for a walk later but it might be the exercise bike in front of the air con instead!
sassi

Postby oostevens » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:30 am

oooh bike in front of the air con! did that this morning :) its super great.

i am thinking i will have a gain too, but its christmas! what better time to have a gain. I don't mind really cos its only 1 time a year :p

But as of today i am back on the ball, and its great cos you CAN just start again. Or pick up where ya left off :)

I also agree with stupid heat, although I am just north of brisbane, so its a diff temp here :p

You'll do fine :) and you are not a wuss! you are sensible :p

You could go find a pool and do walking or swimming in it :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:37 am

Sound like you doing a great job! Keep it up girl,
chubbywife79

Next

Return to Personal Progress