It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:38 am

Free Newsletter

EvilWombatQueen's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby lng86 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 am

100g is nothing - particularly over the Christmas period!

You're doing great!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:10 pm

I felt a bit under the weather today. I was really sniffly and didn't know if it was hayfever or if I'd caught a cold off my friend who was visiting yesterday. I took an anti-histamine and hoped for the best - and I'm happy to say the best was what I got! I ran around Albert Park Lake in 35 minutes, which is faster than I'd managed before. Add 20 minutes of brisk walking to and from the park and I got a good amount of cardio in.

While watching the Biggest Loser final I did some hand-weights for about 10 minutes and 50 crunches.

I had a very healthy dinner of vegetable stew, 1.5 serves of a french stick and two Eatwell chickpea and spinach sausages.

I've also been drinking heaps of water all day and I've had no alcohol, even though I have half a bottle of vodka in the freezer desperate for me to drink it.

If only I could keep this up all the time I'd lose my excess weight in no time at all!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:32 pm

Wow you done great today and sound like you had hey fever.
chubbywife79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:45 am

I am royally pissed off today.

I had to weigh-in for the December challenge and I discovered I'd gained 1.1kg since Saturday. Even after how good I was yesterday!

I know that it's stupidly hot in Melbourne. And I know that this is the likely cause of that gain through water retention. But I'm still pissed off!

Seriously, I look back over the Christmas period and see all the things I didn't do. I didn't pig out on chips, soy ice-cream, chocolate or anything like that. I didn't overeat. I didn't drink anywhere near as much booze as I normally would. And for what? I didn't lose any weight over that time, and I'm wondering how much I would have gained if I had cut loose and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

I can see how people fall off the wagon. I am so tempted to just eat and drink myself stupid for the rest of my holidays and worry about my weight when I go back to uni. The weather's too hot to exercise and all my will-power seems to amount to nothing.

I'd already planned and shopped for a really healthy New Years Eve dinner and now I'm wishing I hadn't bothered. :evil:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:51 am

the weather is ridiculous here in melbourne & goodness knows what effect it has on our bodies - especially after you went for a run yesterday.

that hard work & good eating will pay off - even if it wasn't on the scales today. it will stand you in good stead going forward...all the good eating & exercise mounts up. be proud of yourself for wanting to have a healthy new years & getting all that good food. show your body who's the boss by sticking to your plans :)
sassi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm

Thanks for that, Sassi!

You're right. I'm being very short-sighted by focusing only on the immediate gratification of booze and junk food. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said I should want a healthy New Year and concentrate on good food and good exercise. Initially health was my main focus, the weight loss was incidental. Now I've found myself only caring about what the scales say which is a pretty limited way of viewing everything.

I'm going to be good today. I'll drink lots of water. I'll go for a walk later (even though the heat is insane). I'll make a healthy lunch and dinner.

The scales may say I've gained weight, but my skin and hair are the healthiest I've ever seen them. So at least all this healthy living hasn't been a complete waste of time!

Admittedly I'm still planning on sneaking in some alcohol, but it's New Year's Eve so I think that's mandatory!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:10 pm

i agree with the alcohol :p

we all go through weird and wonderful times such as that.

i have noticed gains when i do well and losses sometimes when i aint doing well.

Our body is a strange thing :)

But as sassi said, its about a healthy life, your body may go up and down like that sometimes, but how do YOU feel? I bet healthwise you feel great! and you don't wanna go and ruin all that in 1 day hey :p i have been tempted too as well :p

you are only just over 3kgs off your goal right? thats awesome! i am jealous :p and if u do gain a small amount, at least u know u CAN get rid of it :) cos u have before :P

here's to a great 2008
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:42 pm

Thanks, Oostevens!

You're right. I feel better than ever before. I really should focus on that rather than anything else. And I don't want to ruin that with one day of partying!

I'm sort of 3kg from my goal weight. 68kg is the top of my healthy BMI range, so that's my first mini-goal. Once I get there I'm going to assess whether I want to lose more weight or not. I'll probably join a gym and get them to test my body fat percentage. After I get to a healthy weight I'm probably better off shifting my attention to getting my fat percentage to a healthy level.

Thanks for the support, everyone. I'm feeling better already!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mandie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:46 pm

Don't worry about the xmas gain - our bodies are funny with water retention and stuff!

Think about how healthy you are and how close to your first goal you are! Have a great night tonight, with a few bevvies (as we all are doing I'm sure) and then you will be right back on track tomorrow!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:52 pm

Definitely going to have a few choice beverages tonight, Mandie. No worries at all about that!

I'm going to have to figure out what exercise I can manage tomorrow with a hangover. I think I'll be realistic and just aim for some gentle stretching and trying not to stagger into walls. And I'll make sure I've got lots of chilled soup and dry crackers to try and keep my tummy settled!

Hope everyone has a great NYE!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:57 pm

Sound like a great idea for exercise when you have a hangover. We won't have a hangover because knowing my luck I be in bed by 11pm. I hope you have a great night!
chubbywife79

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:22 pm

mmmm drinks....and NYE foood.

oh :p my name is Rachel too :p
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:27 pm

Sorry about that Rachel! It was only after I answered that I saw you name sitting there in plain sight in your sig. Oops! :oops:

Ahh, my kingdom for an edit button at times! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby oostevens » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:30 pm

ha aha my kingdom....reminds me of a game called worms....one of them says ' my kingdom for a donkey'
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:53 pm

Hope you had a good night, EWQ!

It was so hard to get drunk last night cos it was so hot - I think I just sweated it out. I tried... but alas, no hangover today :lol: = no excuses not to exercise. But boy, isn't it still so hot??? Crazy things going on with my body too. I've put on almost 2kg in 2 days!!! So I'm ignoring my weigh in this week until my body decides to show me a more realistic reading :lol: Hubby has put on about 2kg too so we're wondering if it's the scales - maybe they don't like the hot weather either ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress