It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:01 pm

Free Newsletter

EvilWombatQueen's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: EvilWombatQueen's progress

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Oooh, I know exactly what you mean about the honours year lifestyle from hell! I survived purely on potato chips and Pepsi Max. I relied on blood sugar spikes and caffeine to study into the wee hours on a regular basis. I swear most of my diet was composed of Pepsi Max and potato chips!

The PhD hasn't been quite so bad. It's more like a marathon where you have to pace yourself than a sprint, so it's just a regular 9-5 slog rather than staying up until 2am for brief spurts. Not that I haven't had a few all-nighters where conference papers were due!

I wish I'd taken time out to travel and work before doing post-grad. Unfortunately the clock was against me if I wanted to start a family, though, so I had to get it out of the way as quickly as possible. Doing a Masters by Coursework first sounds like a good idea, too. What area of mathematics are you looking to focus on?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sanov22 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:01 am

Hahaha yeah chips & soft drink were a regular item on my menu too! And caffeine... soooooooooo much caffeine. That's good that the PhD lifestyle is a bit more chilled, I don't know if I could study like I did in honours for three years. I think I'll probably end up somewhere in pure maths, hopefully analysis if I feel like I'm capable when I finish the masters... it's definitely the most appealing type of maths to me but it's also one of the most difficult types.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:25 pm

72.2kg this morning. I know it's silly to weigh myself every day and think it means something, but I've resolved to post here daily even when I have nothing to post about. That way I'll keep myself accountable with my weight. The only thing I have to post today is my weight, so that's what I did!

I think I'll be eating more legumes now that I'm trying to eat more organic foods. The fruit and vegetables are hideously expensive, but dried beans and lentils are quite affordable. Far cheaper than buying the non-organic tinned equivalent too. I just have to remember to soak them the night before! Tonight I'm going to make a vegie and noodle stir-fry with black beans. Yum!

I made banana bread with the brown bananas. It was delicious! So much so that when I went to the organic grocer yesterday I deliberately bought over-ripe bananas so I can make it again. It would be more weight-loss friendly to substitute low-calorie, or no-calorie, sweetener for the sugar of course. It's fat free, though, and very nice to have with a cup of coffee!

Here's a link to the recipe: Moist Banana Bread Recipe
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:31 pm

I made a full quantity of the banana bread last night. It didn't bake properly all the way through. In future I'm going to divide the batter over two baking tins so that it can cook through easier and so it will make smaller portions. It's far too yummy and too tempting to take large slices otherwise!

Nothing much to report. I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I had an awful migraine yesterday, but I took Imigran and slept it off and now I'm feeling 100% again. I'm really glad about that because recently my migraines have lasted for days on end. It's nice to be able to think again. :D

I bought some black beans at the organic grocer on Tuesday and I'm going to put them in a Mexican dish tonight. I'll be using organic black beans, organic tomatoes and organic rice and normal onions, sweet corn and broccoli because those vegetables are low in pesticide residue. By selecting foods low in pesticide residue at the supermarket I'll be able to keep my grocery bills down a bit!

A friend asked me if I'd lost weight the other day. I found it really odd because I most certainly haven't. Perhaps I look less puffy because I've given up alcohol.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:51 am

71.9kg. That's about 400g loss in a week. Not the world record of weight loss, but for someone not engaging in dedicated exercise and eating too much banana bread it's a pretty good result! Of course it could just be water weight lost, but even if it is it still means I'm down to 71.9kg. Woo hoo!

I'm going back to the organic grocer today. The most irritating thing about buying fresh produce from the market is how often I have to go back there! The fruit and veg only last a couple of days in the fridge and since I walk I'm limited to how much I can carry. I'll be buying green leafy vegetables today. I haven't been eating nearly as much as I was before going organic. I used to have a bag of frozen spinach portions in the freezer that I'd add to almost everything I cooked. Unfortunately spinach is high in pesticide residue so I have to go about it the old fashioned way now, buying huge portions of green leafies, washing them carefully, chopping them... it becomes a lot more time consuming!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:44 pm

72.1 kg this morning. I haven't been to the markets, either. It was too cold yesterday (I'd dressed for warmer weather - damn you misleading Melbourne morning sunshine!). Today I'm just trying to get more of my thesis done without extra pressures. We have some organic carrots, chickpeas, tomatoes, tahini and rice at home so I'll be making an Egyptian styled casserole. Hopefully tomorrow I can get to the organic grocer to get more fruit and veg. I wish it were between home and uni, then I could pop in to or from work. Unfortunately it's a fifteen minute walk in the other direction so I have to take time out of my thesis to go there and back. At this stage of writing up I really don't like having to go on errands during the day!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:01 pm

72kg today. I'm hoping that if I keep eating well I'll drop a few hundred grams this week.

I FINALLY got to the markets only to discover that the organic grocer I frequent is closed today. However, I hadn't banked on the popularity of organic produce in my area. As I was grumpily texting my other half, telling him that there would be no food today, I passed an organic fruit and veg stall less than a hundred metres from the store. It was a little more expensive and I still can't find organic peanut-butter, but I got two bags of fruit and vegetables, which should last us a few days.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:39 am

72.5kg. WTF. Now I'm feeling REALLY guilty at baking that cake yesterday! :lol:

(Jokes, of course. I know that it's impossible to gain half a kilo of fat overnight.)

Now that I've given up alcohol I've rediscovered my sweet tooth. Previously I'd never been much of a baker. Now I'm utterly obsessed. To try to minimise the damage this could do to my weight-loss I'm restricting myself to baking on Sunday. One cake or one batch of biscuits. Then they have to last the week. It's a good way to learn to ration my intake!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sanov22 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:28 pm

Half a kilo isn't so bad! Especially weighing yourself every day. I once went up 1.3kgs in one day! (well that's what the scales showed - as you said, it's poppycock). I bet it's back down again in the next couple of days. I've got suuuuch a hankering for banana bread after reading your posts haha. I don't trust myself to have a loaf of it in the house though... I'll get a slice when I'm at a cafe or something I think.

Stay positive!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzWjG1y/]
[/url]
Sanov22

Postby starr22 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:43 pm

Hey EWQ, how are you! Just popping in to say a quick hello :D Hope you are doing ok. I will have to have a read of your thread and catch up.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqP0t7v/]
[/url]
starr22

Postby JP1 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:11 pm

Long time EWQ.. hope all is well with your world and nice to see you are still going, keep up the good work..

JP 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (12 Jan 2020)
Current :104.9 Kg (10 Feb 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 99 Kg by 20 Mar 2020
JP1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:13 am

Great to see you both again, Starr and JP! How are you guys going?

This morning I was 72.1kg. I think I need to start watching my portion sizes. Unfortunately I'm filling up less with veggies and more with starches simply because it's cheaper. I'm going to go to the grocer again and buy lots of dried beans and lentils. They're filling and cheap.

I've decided I really don't like this whole TTC thing (aside from the obvious fun elements of it :wink: ). I'm used to my body being regulated by the pill, now it seems to have a mind of its own for doing weird and unexpected things. I swear I'm googling odd symptoms every second day to see if I'm ovulating, miscarrying, if the blastocyst is implanting or if I'm just old and infertile. And half of the symptoms seem to point to all four! BAH! This biology stuff is crap. Why can't we just be brains walking around in nice shiny robots instead? Cybermen FTW.
:evil:

I have a thesis draft due in two weeks so I may not be around as often (not that I was around much anyway over the last few months!) Wish me luck and happy brainwaves and I'll be back before you know it. Hopefully thinner and/or up the duff.

Toodles!
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Czarina » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 am

Good luck with all of your endevours, Ali! :wink:

I second the Cybermen thing! Life would be so much easier... :lol:
Czarina

Postby JP1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:11 pm

good luck with the study..

JP 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (12 Jan 2020)
Current :104.9 Kg (10 Feb 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 99 Kg by 20 Mar 2020
JP1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:58 pm

71.3 kg

Busy, busy, busy.
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress