It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Free Newsletter

EvilWombatQueen's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I think I'll be avoiding the scales for a few weeks as well, San!

I've started doing the Paul McKenna 'I can make you thin' weight loss hypnosis book and CD and he advises only weighing yourself every two weeks. I'm thinking of doing this as a bit of a change, since I'm used to weighing myself every day and these days that's quite depressing!

I ended up drinking much less than I expected on NYE. Like you I found the heat absolutely unbearable so most of my evening was spent drinking iced water! Unfortunately I ate more than I intended. While it was mostly healthy food I ate until I was too full. Since I'm trying to retrain my stomach to know what 'satisfied' is so I feel it was a bit of a backward step.

Still, I've discovered new willpower I never previously had. I naughtily bought a big bag of potato chips for last night. We were very good and didn't eat it. Now rather than give in to temptation I'm going to put it away in the cupboard for the next time we have guests over. The guests can get fat instead of the EvilWombatKing and I. :wink:

I did 60 crunches and 30 push-ups today even though it was hideously hot at the time. I'm planning on going for a nice long walk now the cool change has come through.

One question. I'm not able to do that many crunches or push-ups all at once yet. I did them in sets of 20 and 10 respectively. Is it just as good to do several sets with a rest in between? Or should I aim to increase my number of repetitions without a break?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:48 pm

Hey EWQ - I think it's fine to do several sets of sit ups, push ups etc. That's what I do anyway and gradually increase the number of reps with a break in between reps.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:51 pm

Ah cool. Thanks for that! I find it easy to jump off the computer and just do a set of ten push-ups here and there. I think I'd be finding a lot of excuses to avoid doing them if I had to do twenty or more at a go for any result!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:47 pm

Went for a walk. I was only going to go for a half hour walk but ended up walking all through the back streets of Balaclava and looking at the incredible architecture for an hour or so. I used to love walking through urban areas years ago just looking at houses. I'll have to do it more often just to have some different scenery. Albert Park Lake is gorgeous, but there's only so many swans you can look at in a week.

I'm being naughty and having a beer now I'm back home, though. It's the last beer in the house so at least I won't be tempted to have more!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:03 pm

I used to walk around albert oak lake early in the mornings with the girls from work, i think we only lasted about two weeks.. meeting at 6 in the morning was to early for us haha... it is very pretty...

Good on you for going for a walk!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby chubbywife79 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:05 pm

My weight went up to, so don't worry to much about it. Glad you enjoyed your work and a beer afterwards. :)
chubbywife79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:48 pm

I've decided to stop weighing myself until the end of January. I've been getting far too caught up on gains caused by fluid retention which has been distracting me from positive thinking, positive eating and positive exercise.

I'm still listening to the Paul McKenna hypnosis CD regularly. I've already noticed a change in my eating patterns. I've started eating far more slowly and savouring each mouthful without even trying. I had a banana this afternoon and wanted to eat it as quickly as possible (I was studying at the time and just wanted to get nourishment out of the way). Even when I tried to eat quickly I couldn't! Chewing a mouthful of banana a dozen or so times ends up pretty revolting texture-wise, but I absolutely relished the taste! Will this help me lose weight? I hope so, but even if it doesn't it's good to unwind and simply meditate a little while listening to the CD.

However I've been slack in regards to alcohol and exercise. Too much of the former and not enough of the latter! I'm going to do half an hour on my elliptical trainer tonight, even if it feels too hot. I'm also going to do 50 crunches and 15 minutes of hand weights. If I don't start making myself do exercise I'm going to lose all the benefits I've acquired over December when it comes to muscle definition and fitness!

The alcohol can remain a problem for another day, though. I've been invited to a friend's birthday tomorrow and there's no way I'm going to a Japanese cafe and not drinking sake! :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:06 am

I think I can safely say the hypnosis is working!

I came in to uni yesterday to catch up on some work. As I knew I'd be here for ages I bought dinner at the supermarket to have in the study room. I should have bought a healthy salad. I ended up buying a pot of instant noodles thinking it would be more satisfying. Never again! I only ate half of it and had to throw the rest out, partly because I was full after a small amount (showing I'm eating less) but the taste and smell was making me feel ill because it was just so damn unhealthy. So while I did slip up in buying the noodles in the first place, it's given me a huge aversion to instant meals and has made me crave salads even more!

The other good news is that I did a heap of exercise yesterday. Not only did I walk to and from uni (40 minutes all up) I did 50 crunches on my fitball, about 10 minutes of hand-weights and 30 minutes on my elliptical trainer! I had been worried that my motivation for fitness had all but disappeared and I was merely using the heat as an excuse, but once the temperature dropped I was incredibly keen to run/walk/elliptically train again!

Today's going well so far. Walked to uni. Had toast for brekkie (we've run out of Weetbix at home). I've got fruit for snacks and I'll be going home for a healthy lunch of veggie and tofu soup with wholegrain Ryvitas. I'll probably go for a run this evening.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:27 pm

sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the good work!

in relation to crunches and breaks in between sets. when i went to fernwood the trainers said that every ten situps we should stretch out fully with our arms over our heads to allow blood the flow back into the muscles..

grugwashere

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:30 pm

That's great to know! I've started doing longer sets, so it's good you pointed that out now. I'll make sure to stretch between sets of ten from now on.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby grugwashere » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:45 pm

no worries :)

grugwashere

Postby JP1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

glad to see its all working for you... have a great 2008 :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (12 Jan 2020)
Current :104.9 Kg (10 Feb 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 99 Kg by 20 Mar 2020
JP1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:33 am

JP1 wrote:glad to see its all working for you... have a great 2008 :)

Thanks John!

I'm glad to report I was pretty good yesterday. Lots of fruit for snacks. Vegetable soup with tofu and a couple of wholegrain Ryvitas for lunch. Veggie stir fry with tofu and udon noodles for dinner (I even skipped the cashews to avoid extra fat for the first time ever). I was bad and had a couple of glasses of red wine, but I ended up walking over 100 minutes that day so I figured I could indulge a little! Plus I did 50 sit-ups (stretching in between each set) and 10 minutes of hand weights. Didn't end up running because my feet were tired from all that walking.

I'm walking less today so I can go running this evening. I need to get lots of exercise in before it starts getting hot again on Thursday!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby grugwashere » Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:04 pm

ohh i hear ya! i dont want to be caught outside on Thursday!

awesome for all the excercise!

grugwashere

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:43 pm

We're up for a couple of hotties this week, eh? We got our aircon fixed today. When our landlord came over yesterday to check it out, he rang Mistral and they said they couldn't send someone out until the 18th... of FEB! So instead he paid for someone else to fix it for us. Phew!

I love udon noodles. I love the texture of them. Kind of slippery but firm :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress