It is currently Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:48 am

Free Newsletter

EvilWombatQueen's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby Yogi-Bear » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:04 pm

you seem to get on well with yourself and push yourself along well. won't it be great to find yourself in the healthy weight range and know that statistics is now on your side...
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Mummyof3 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Hi EWQ
first time I had a good read of your progress, the running is really impressive, I have just started running for 10 mins, cant wait untill I am running 30 or so minutes.... what great stuff, I really enjoyed reading long
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby JP1 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:24 pm

some awesome work there EWQ... well done and keep it up 8)

JP
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 114 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 107 Kg (12 Jan 2020)
Current :104.9 Kg (10 Feb 2020)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014) : 99.2 Kg (31 May 2016) : 104.7 Kg (10 May 2019)
Target : 99 Kg by 20 Mar 2020
JP1

Postby ellecee » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Very impressive and very inspiring.... wtg!
Ive just started on the protein shakes myself.
I bought pure Whey Protein from the health shop. Im using it as meal replacement 2x week at the moment and the owner said also to put a teasp on oatmeal in the am's.
I want to have my shake at work too but yeah dont want that ikky glugginess. take blender to work? haha. hmmm.
SW: 142.4 - Nov '07
CW: 119.2
GW: 75.0

4th mini goal: 115kg - Pandora Charm
~ I am one workout stronger than yesterday ~
ellecee

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:56 pm

I tried heating the soy milk up first but no luck. Still a bloody awful texture. I've Googled the problem and the only solution I can find other than a blender is a hand held shaker. No idea how effective that would be, but apparently they're available at health food shops because of the popularity of the protein powders. I might go back to the health food shop next week and see if they have them.

The only other solution would be to blend it in the morning and take it to uni in a thermos flask. Which kind of negates the convenience of using powders instead of lunch in the first place.

I'll keep you posted if I find a solution to this!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubbywife79 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:23 pm

Good luck for finding the solution for the soy milk. Can't wait to hear how you went.
chubbywife79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:18 pm

I had a slack day yesterday. My only exercise was walking to and from uni, but I came in under my calorie limit so it wasn't a total loss. I was just exhausted at the end of the week and wanted to have a good sit down and a nice glass of wine!

I'm going to make up for it today by doing 30 minutes step and doing my run around Albert Park Lake.

I'm short on funds at the moment, so I need to decide what my next fitness spend will be next pay-day. I want to join the local PCYC which will cost $65 (plus $2.50 per visit). I also want to get a pedal exerciser which will cost $50. I need to decide which one should get priority! On one hand the PCYC membership will be invaluable for weight training (I only have 1kg hand-weights at home), but the pedal exerciser will mean I can exercise while at uni or on the computer at home. Decisions, decisions!

I've discovered we have a hand held shaker at home, so I'm going experiment when I next get hungry and see if it mixes the protein powder adequately. If it doesn't then I can just pour it into the blender and see if it works better. I'll report back once I find out the results!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:38 pm

IT WORKED!

I used the hand-held shaker and it mixed it perfectly!

This is the sort of thing I used, but mine is about 20 years old!
http://www.amazon.com/Tupperware-2-Cup- ... B00005S6IH

This is great. My fiance has given me permission to take it to uni for my meal replacement lunches. Which is a big deal because he normally uses it to make milkshakes and he looooooves milkshakes!

This has really made my day. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shelbel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:03 am

Did you decide yet? You know there are ways to improvise on weights at home, you can use tin cans and bottles filled with sand (free from the beach!) papers/mags in plastic bags and slung over a broom handle. I refuse to pay for exercise sessions at this stage of my weight loss, so i have an bike at home, and a few DVD workouts, yep, im a bit of a cheapo! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:40 pm

I'm leaning towards buying the exercise pedal. I already have hand-weights so I'm quite happy with my upper body resistance work. And my elliptical trainer and thigh blaster step thingie can look after my lower body resistance work for the time being. I have over a week until my next pay, so I've still got time to think about it! I guess I've just got a fixation that a gym is going to be so much more exciting than exercising at home! Maybe I'll have to flip a coin in the end. Or just set up a plan so I can afford both over the next few months.

I managed to injure myself yesterday. I've done a muscle in my inner thigh so I don't think I'll be running for a few days (fiance's orders because he knows I'm likely to push myself and make it worse!) At least I have the elliptical trainer to keep me in shape until I get better. Still, it's a bit of a bummer. Especially since I was really enjoying using my aerobics step for a bit of extra cardio work. I won't be able to use that until my muscle heals. :(
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:40 pm

Oh no! Not an injury :( I hate it when that happens when you've just built up a bit of momentum and then have to take a break. Have you iced it? I hope you recover quickly and can get back out there running again.

The gym will always be there - so whenever you're financially ready. You've got a pretty good set up at home, so no hurry. It's not that exciting... trust me! :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:49 pm

I followed my partner's directions with treating the injury. 10 minutes ice followed by 10 minutes heat, repeated three times. He used to play a lot of team sports when he was younger so I figure he knows what's best!

It's a little sore today but much better than yesterday and it feels like I could run on it, but I'm going to be sensible (for the first time in my life!) and rest it for a few more days just to be sure.

It's just so frustrating! It's like the universe is punishing me for being active! I've never injured myself sitting on the couch eating potato chips before after all... :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:14 pm

I'm going to keep up my exercise this week, but until my leg is better I'll only be able to manage 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer per day. So this week I've decided to concentrate on diet instead. My goal until next Monday is: only veggies and fruit between meals and a protein shake every lunchtime.

I figure changing my goals each week will shake up my routine and end this damn plateau I'm on. Or maybe I'm just rationalising it to myself because I'm tired, grumpy, PMSing and my leg hurts. Does anyone else have a suggestion that might help me? Unfortunately replacing running with swimming is out because I don't live near an affordable pool.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:20 am

I wanted to go running last night, but my strained muscle started to play up again in the afternoon. Instead I went for a very brisk walk, but decided to wear my FitFlops instead of my running shoes to see what it was like.

HOLY COW!

I think my legs were worked out almost as much as running would have done. After 60 minutes my calves absolutely ached. My knees felt a bit funny while I was doing it, so I think next time I'll go on a longer but slightly slower walk. While the wobble-board technology in the FitFlops is great for toning your legs, I don't think my knees can take it at fast speeds so I'm best off using them for endurance rather than outright cardio.

My eating is going brilliantly. I'm sticking to fruit and veg between meals with the exception of a small snack of carbs and protein when I get back from uni. Otherwise I end up completely starving by dinner, or having dinner too early and being completely starving before bed. Either way 'starving' is my danger period when I am most likely to eat ill-thought-out rubbish so I figure it's best to do anything I can to avoid that! Still having the protein shakes at lunch and when combined with a snack of fruit in the afternoon and a couple of cups of green tea it keeps me fine until I get home.

I plan on going for a run tonight. If my thigh wasn't totally destroyed by the FitFlop power-walk then I think it's up for anything! If it starts to hurt obviously I'll slow down to a walk, but I am really looking forward to moving my arse again!

I was naughty and snuck (sneaked?) a look at the scales this morning. Very depressing. I knew I'd gained over Chrissie and New Year, but I thought it was just water retention. Not so! I've been really good over the last couple of weeks and I'm still 100g above my last good weigh-in before Christmas. Granted it's TTOTM but I'm still a little bit bummed about it. :(
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:34 pm

What the hell are fit flops? This is the second time this week I've heard them mentioned... they sound bizarre! :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress