It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:36 pm

Free Newsletter

My progress... or at the moment lack of

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

My progress... or at the moment lack of

Postby frumpy07 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:49 pm

Ok so here it is- I am trying to really make myself accountable for my choices and my weight. So by doing this personal progress journal I hope to lay it all out there and then do something about it, so it goes away and cant come back.

Week 1- 103kgs
Week 2- 100kgs
Week 3- 99kgs
Week 4- 97.5kgs
Week 5-Now- 99kgs

Ok so not back up to my starting weight (thank god) but was well on the way. I managed to lose 5.5kgs in 4 weeks, which I thought was amazing yet somehow lost my motivation and willingness to do it. Healthy Eating can be so hard to maintain... :(

Anyway since I am now back up to 99kgs I am making a deal with myself that I will lose a MINIMUM of 5 kgs by the 22/03.... a month from today. I am gonna kick my own ass at this... I CAN do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

STICKS AND STONES MAY BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT CAKE WON'T HEAL WHAT HURTS YOU.
frumpy07

Postby natalie » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:59 pm

You bet you can do it!
And already you are doing so well.You have donre the right thing by giving yurself a time frame as you have something to work toowards.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how you go.

Natalie :)

"All we have is here and now"
natalie

Postby LadyBug » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:54 pm

YOU CAN DO IT.

I give myself mini goals... and kick my arse to get myself there.

Good luck... we know you can do iot.
xoxo ~Ali

[/url]
LadyBug

Postby Angel » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:16 pm

Rebekah,
Yes you can do it and you WILL do it.

If you are finding healthy eating hard to maintain, this is what helped me.

I found that before I introduced a weekly treat that I could only maintain my healthy eating for so long before I binged, you know, it's unrealistic to think that I would never drink alcohol, eat chocolate or eat takeaway ever again or do all 3 at once :oops: .

I allow myself something small each week so I don't feel like I'm missing out so if I drink I use a diet mixer and have a non-alcoholic drink in between, if I eat chocolate I eat freddo or a snack size bar and if I eat takeaway I go for Subway - Mmmmm sweet chicken teriyaki with no cheese or sauce - yummy or other healthier takeaway options.

Perhaps decide on the one thing you really miss and have it - remember its not a small amount of you favourite thing that makes you fat, its the large amounts of everything you love daily.

Just a thought,
Angel
[/url]
Angel

My progress story

Postby frumpy07 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:58 am

Well this week was really slack.... Ive been doing some exercise and eating healthy sometimes too. Overall Ive had a pretty pathetic week when I think about what I shouldve done.

Alot of things are going good for me and as my uni routine really starts to kick in Im sure I will improve with my healthy eating and exercise. The only real "hmmm" thing in my life (thats what I'll call it when its neither good or bad) is that Im just not sure about the guy that Im seeing. In all honesty, he is the sweetest, most romantic guy that I have ever met and even though any girl in their right mind would go crazy for someone that treated them like that, Im still umming and arghing over it... and I think Ive gained a few kilos just because it weighs on my mind so much :?

So tonight Im going to make a list of all the things I can do when Im not doing anything else, just so Im always moving. And Im also going to make a list of my personal reasons for my choice to lose the weight that Im sick of carrying around with me.

And as tomorrow is a brand new day, although it will carry with it all the mistakes Ive done today, I will do my best and win this battle. I need to but just as importantly I WANT TO!

So 90kgs.... here I come!

Thanks everyone for your ongoing support and encouragement- I do need it to top up my own motivation! Hope everyone has a great day.... :D

-Rebekah
[/url]

frumpy07

IM HORRIFIED

Postby frumpy07 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:31 am

I am so horrified at the moment! :shock: :shock: :shock:

After writing my last entry I was surfing on the net, looking for extra info on healthy eating etc

I havent done my BMI for a while now (why do it when it always says Im overweight) but now, Im actually classified as OBESE!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have never EVER thought of myself as ever being described as that, EVER!! Sure my tummy aint flat and my arms are a bit flabby too but I have big boobs and while I do look overweight Ive always looked in proportion. I cant believe that anyone would consider that Im obese.... and to think I went to the beach in a tankini last week (with a size 8 friend). Ohmygod!

Im devastated, shattered and mortified.

I actually printed out the big "YOU'RE OBESE" result diagram and am putting in my purse so when the thought strikes about getting that junk food I will see that and put that money away.

Now I have more motivation than ever.......
[/url]

frumpy07

Postby Dolly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:58 am

Hi Rebekah, I've been obese for a long time too and looking at myself it's hard to believe I am that much overweight. I am tyring hard to get out of the dangezone so I son't get a blocked artery or something.
Think I might make a large obese sign for myself too.
Dolly

Postby Angel » Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:02 pm

Oh guys, are you really obese though? I mean sure, if a big sign helps with your motivation then go for it but be realistic, are you really obese.

I'm 160cm and weigh 79kg so I'm around 15kgs overweight. This means I'm a size 16, rather than a size 12.

Yep, you guessed it, I'm also considered obese. My point is a size 16 person obese? Sure I'm overweight but obese, I don't think so.

All I"m saying is don't take the BMI to seriously, I do not consider myself obese at a size 16.

Look at Fiona on Biggest Loser, she weighs what 100kg, I do not consider her obese, sure she is overweight but obese, nah, that would be more Ruth, Cat and David.
[/url]
Angel

Postby Dolly » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:18 pm

Oh yes Angel, It's not just this calculator that says I'm obese (and will get a heart attack or stroke if I don't lose weight) There were 3 other calculators that said the same, click here - http://www.weightloss.com.au/weight-los ... -index.htm
Dolly

Postby frumpy07 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:09 pm

I have never ever considered myself anywhere near obese.... I have been a little chubby and a bit fat but I still wouldnt call myself obese. But to see that word come up, well its the first time ever and I was and still am shocked by it. I too, am a size 16 and have been for ages. I would never use that word to describe myself but it has given me that extra motivation to really do this. I personally would love to get down to a comfortable 14, maybe a 12 but at the moment Im just looking forward to dropping 10kgs and see where that puts me. I am 171cms and while I seem to carry my weight evenly all over my body, I do get that bit extra around the tummy and my boobs are a DD. I would love to drop down a bra size too, cos while I do love my girls and they have their advantages they are starting to get in my way. :x

The little saying that I got as part of my signature now is going around and around in my head and that helps me because it really makes me think about what Im feeling and if Im eating just because. Im back into making a conscious effort about all that I do and what Im feeding my body.

Last night I wrote my lists up and have set myself goals for each step of the way down the scales. The first reward Ive set myself is for when I get to the 5kg milestone which I said I will get myself a couple of new CDs so I can dance around the house even more. Then when I get to 92kgs I will buy a brilliant pair of shoes that I have been eyeing off for a while and then when I reach 90kgs its a full body massage at a day spa. By then I am going to re-evaluate what I want because by then 85 will seem way more attainable then what it does now.

***Rebekah***
[/url]

frumpy07

Postby Angel » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:37 pm

Rebekah,
Its great that you have refound your motivation from such an evil, nasty, horrible word.

I'm a strong believer in rewarding yourself when you reach a mini goal - its perfect isn't it, the benefit of shedding kilos and new CDs, shoes or massage - what more could a girl ask for (other than losig weight without effort!).

Good luck,
Angel
[/url]
Angel

Return to Personal Progress