It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:31 am

Free Newsletter

Fresh Start :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby SarahC » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:02 pm

Wow, what great photos! Thanks for sharing. And congrats on your wedding :D
SarahC

Postby Jisgone » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:40 pm

aww i love weddings :) it looked like a lovely day
Jisgone

Postby chubbywife79 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:14 pm

Wow what a gorgeous wedding you had. I also gained about 15 kilos after I got married and plus of losing my son. Good luck on getting back on track with your weightloss
chubbywife79

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:28 pm

hey ang love the wedding photos, u look gorgeous, best wishes for your weightloss goals this year, much love xo
kate_turner2000

Postby Ophir » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:07 am

Woohoo i walked home yesterday :) was quite nice. Looking forward to it again today.

Im trying really hard to be good, but its so difficult with this new guy we have at work. He is suppose to have 15 years experiance, but is terrible. We work for a financial planner and this guy had to send important investment docs to a 92 year old client. We have to document and scan everything that goes to clients. This chap couldnt even do a cover letter nor scan, even though i had shown him about 5 times. His excuse was "boss didnt tell me"....boss never tells me to do it either, but i use my head and just think. I have spent the best part of a week fixing up his mistakes from when i was away at my wedding. I still have more to do!

He is late 30's in an unhappy marriage and has little to no respect for women. Funny he works for 2 very headstrong women. He is always on the phone swearing to his wife. He must have fluffed his way through the interview because he wouldnt have been hired if he didnt have appropriate computer skills. He then tells me 2 weeks into the job that he knows nothing about computers...grrr Im surprised im not drinking a bottle of wine to get me through the day!

Anyway moving right along...im on day 2 of Celebrity Slim, going okay. I know its not the best way to loose weight, but it came on quick, so it can bugger off quick too!! Hubby bought me back some chocolate he got on the plane yesterday and i was good, i put it in the fridge and only had 3 squares for dessert lastnight.
Ophir

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:17 am

your wedding pics were gorgeous! and congrats again on that

its hard getting back into reality hey! work, life etc

where did you go for your honeymoon? I found after being away for 1week in the mountains in a lil wooden cottage, that i didnt want to go back to reality :p it was nice and relaxed and secluded where we were :(

Awesome about day 2 of celebrity slim. i tried it, but quit after day 1 :p

I also have about the same amount of weight to lose as you.

Good luck to us hey :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Ophir » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:25 am

We only had a short break, not a full honeymoon. We spent 4 nights in Jervis Bay (2 nights at a cottage & 2 nights at the house my parents were renting), we then came home for 2 nights and then another 2 at Nelsons Bay.

We are heading off to Europe in August for 6 weeks. It was planned before we got engaged so we just decided to keep it for our honeymoon!

Cant believe we have been married for a month today!
Ophir

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:26 am

wow i would love to go to Europe! maybe one day in a few years we might :p

ha ha you think 1month is fast :p wait till it hits 2yrs! it will be 2yrs for me and hubby in april, and it has gone so darn fast
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Ophir » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:40 am

I cant wait!! I have fiddled around with our itinerary and we are now doing all our UK stuff at the start.

UK (4 nights)
Ireland (4 nights - 2 on a tour, 1 night before & 1 night after tour)
UK (4 nights)
Amsterdam (3 nights)
Berlin (3 nights)
Prague (3 nights)
Vienna (3 nights)
Munich (1 night)
Venice (3 nights)
Rome (3 nights)
Florence (3nights)
La Spezia (2 nights)
Nice (1 night)
Paris (2 nights)
London (1 night)

We are doing mainland Europe on the busabout hop on/off bus and it works out cheaper then the train.

I had a talk to my boss last night about the problem staff member, such a weight off now :)

Had another good day with everything yesterday. Walked home etc, although i do have a blister on the bottom of my foot. Ill put a bandaid on it this afternoon and hope that it fixes it enough so i can still walk home.
Ophir

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:40 pm

I hope your blister goes away soon. I hate blisters! It's like being punished for doing good work.

Your trip to Europe sounds wonderful. I'm so jealous!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby oostevens » Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:19 pm

me too soo jealous about your trip! i soo wanna go there, can i ask how much its gunna cost you?

we might go after i have a baby :) not straight after :p but a yr or so after ha ha

dang about blisters, i hate them.

awesome about the trouble staff member though :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Ophir » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:53 pm

oostevens - your post prompted me to have a look into everything. The breakdown will roughly be (for the 2 of us):

Flights $5k
Accommodation $3.5k
Bus around mainland $1.8k
Bus tour of Ireland $480.00

On top of that we will need spending money. I think we will budget about $5k for that.

After just going over my budget, i have discovered that i will not be able to save enough if i do the dancing classes i was going to do, so unfortunately i will have to let these go until after the holiday. The classes were $56 per fortnight and $70 per fortnight for the transport ticket. I currently pay $30 per fortnight in transport as i only get the train to work and walk home.
Ophir

Postby Ophir » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:05 pm

Well the trip is booked. We are leaving 2.25pm, 9/8. We travel via brunei & Dubai, then onto London. We got a really good price on the tickets. Hubby just has to pay for them by the end of the month!

We come back at 10am, 18/9, with the same stopovers, however we get a motel room in Brunei as the stop over is 13 hours. We also get back at 9.30am on Sat 20/9, so it gives me an extra day to get used to everything.

We have had to change our plans a bit as we are leaving a day earlier then expected. We have had to cut off La Spezia and Nice and will now have 4 nights in Paris.

Im a wee bit excited tonight!
Ophir

Postby oostevens » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:10 pm

wow exciting!

its got me thinking about travel, but after we have baby #1 and save for a while :)

u must take many pics!!!!
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Ophir » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Woohoo im off to join the gym on wednesday when i get paid. Its just near work and they gave me 2 free visits today so ill go on monday and tuesday then join on wednesday when i get paid :)
Ophir

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress