It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:18 am

Free Newsletter

Rochelle's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:20 am

its on another website mandie :)

well doen rochelle i bet you feel empowered :) i had a pedometer and it was crap! hope yours works good :) enjoy your easter egg and dont feel guilty. we need to enjoy these pleasures in life otherwise its no fun at all! yum yum!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:07 am

Hey Mandie it is on the Walking With Attitude website...they set out walking and exercise challenges.....

Good on you Rochelle...I wanted to do the Easter Egg one, but I am still doing the Pirates one :( ....hope it all goes well for you, you sure sound like you are enjoying it!! Enjoy your little treat mate!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:08 am

I chucked the Africa one in to do this one Ally. I wasnt really enjoying it cos the program got me doing this mini circuit thing which I really didnt enjoy that much. I might go back to it later in the year. I'd like to do the Vegas one after Easter. And I did enjoy the choccy. I gave most of it to the kids and Frank and I shared about a 1/3 of the bunny. So in the end I probably ended up with like 50 - 60g so I am happy with that. But I do looove that Easter egg choccy. I dont know why but it just tastes better than block chocolate!

As for the pedometer. Well I bought a good one from the WWA site and it was good but then mum borrowed it from me in early Jan and I havent had it back again yet!!!! I only had it for a week when I lent it to her. So I had to dig out the old kelloggs one that came in the nutri grain some time back..........hahaha. It doesnt count all my steps but I'm not too concerned about that because when I am not exercising I think my step count is smaller than when I am exercising. I have the step size set on 70cm. In this challenge it doesnt matter what it is set on tho because it is done on the amount of steps you have completed, not km's, but for the standings that is set on the amount of kms you have done. My mum must have her step size set smaller than mine because she is about .4km in front of me for the last 7 days but has done a couple thousand more steps. I think hers is on 65cm. I stride a lot more than she does when I am walking. Tho I dont wear the pedometer when exercising. The treadmill counts the ks for me and I just put in the time for when using the cross trainer or rower/bike and the walks I do I know the distance from measuring with my bike. I've got a pedometer(I know they are not called that for a bike but anyway!!) for the bike and it is very handy for measuring new walks! So I figure even if this crazy kelloggs pedometer only measures half the steps its a lot more than I could have put in without wearing one at all. I want mine back but she wont give it back until she buys one and then of course I have to wait until I actually see her after she buys one. She said she would do it by the end of the month so she better. Or else I'll get :x ......hahaha!!! And cos she has got my good pedometer she is further in front with the ks :x :x . I gotta get it back cos it is embarrassing when my 62 year old mother is in front of me on the standings. Fair enough if I hadnt been doing much this week but hey I have!!!! So this morning I have gone and completed 50 mins on the treadmill. I did 6.82km. But it only added up to just under 10,000 steps......bugger!!! I am going to take the dog for a walk and hopefully that will get me closer to the 13000 steps that I am supposed to be averaging in this level. OMG I dont know how I am going to do it. I should take a pic of the easter egg and print it out and put it on the fridge to keep me motivated to do more exercise...........hahahaha!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:15 am

lol whatever works for you rochelle! mothers *sigh* betty white is currently playing stephanies mother on the bold and the beautiful and i get cranky everytime i see her haha. hope you get your pedometer back eventually and good on you for sharing your choccie :) easter egg chocolate tastes good unless its cheapo chocolate like heritage!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:21 am

Geez mate sounds like you might have to treat yourself to a new pedometer and tell your mum to keep the one she has got as an early birthday pressie or something!!!! LOL.....Yeah I didn't want to chuck in the pirates challenge and I am so close to the end and I threw in the Turkey challenge to join the pirates challenge.... :roll:

Sounds like you are enjoying this challenge though even though you are snapping at your mum's heals!! :P maybe the bike one is called a peddle-ometer or something?? :P
[/url]
Ally

Postby Groovychic » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:37 pm

Hahaha Ally, maybe it is called that! I just looked at the standings again and mum is in 17th!!!! I am around 40th spot. I didnt do any exercise yesterday, just some steps, so my amount for 7 days has dropped off. But I came home from work at 1.30 and did 1hr 10 mins in the gym. I used all 4 pieces of exercise equipment. So I was pretty pleased with that. I'm going to wear the dodgy pedometer tomorrow because we are having a fundraising car wash for the soccer club. Fingers crossed it will be in a working mood!!!
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:18 am

Hey Rochelle, sounds like you are as motivated as ever on the exercise and doing a great job. How is Rochelle's gym going?
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:51 am

Yeah it is good Kim. I try to get in there every day tho I do have the odd day off. I'm not using the weights and I know I probably should but I really don't enjoy lifting weights. This morning I did 13 mins on the recumbent bike and then 17 mins on the cross trainer and then 20 mins on the treadmill. I tend to use the treadmill most. I've had dizzy spells since Saturday afternoon so I couldnt do a run this morning on the treadmill. Yesterday I just did 3 x 15 mins sessions on the treadmill, walking at about 6.1km an hour. Plus I took the dog for a 4km walk. I'm still a bit dizzy this morning. I think it's either my sinus or its a virus. Frank's mum was saying she has been suffering for a week or so now and so has Frank's dad. Even just sitting here I have a headache and my head is spinning a bit. I'm a bit concerned about driving to work but I feel I have to go as she really wanted me in today. I don't usually work Mondays but she asked on Saturday if I would work and I agreed, not having any dizzy spells that morning and then she rang last night to make sure I was still coming. So I really should go. I'll drive a lot slower than I usually do and if I am late well too bad. They are lucky to be getting me today because I'm not keen even without the dizzy spells. Monday is my clean up after the weekend time!!! And catching up with a friend or 2 if I can so I'm a little disappointed. Not to worry. Holidays in a week and a half.......yay!!!! Nearly 3 weeks off so I am very excited about that. :D
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:58 am

aw hope you feel better soon rochelle- dizzy episodes are not a good thinG!!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:16 pm

Hope you are feeling better Rochelle and yayy for the holidays. I have a week off around the same time, would be happy to go on holidays tomorrow though.

Your gym sounds like it is going well. I have a strange affair with my weights. I actually love lifting weights when I am doing it but do have to kick my own butt to get motivated. I spent too much money on the set up not to use it though and as I said I always enjoy it once I am underway.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:11 am

Oooh that's not good to hear that you got dizzy, Rochelle!! I had the same thing happen to me at the gym after a class last Tuesday, everything went black for a minute and the people I was talking to and the instructor made me lay down with an icepack on my neck and drink water.. was scary! I could've been driving home!
It ended up being sinusitis again (I'd had it a few weeks before), so I'd go to your doctors! It's horrible :( :( :( Poor chickie. Hope you feel better!!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Groovychic » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Thanks girlies. :D I am feeling heaps better today. Still not 100% but certainly a lot better. I think the fact that I have been exercising each day is actually helping me to recover faster and to not get such a bad dose. It appears it was a virus as half the town has it. Of course my whinging friend informed me I had only had a mild case of it and cant be nearly as sick as her!!! :? But hey thats fine. She had to take time off work etc etc. She is one of those people that has had everything just soooooooo much worse than anyone else. I honestly think tho that because my fitness level is pretty good at the moment I have managed to cope with it a lot better and recover so much quicker. The doctor told my friend that it takes 1 - 2 weeks to get over. I started to feel crap Saturday arvo but now Thursday morning feel pretty good. I'm still sneezing heaps and my head is a bit dizzy every now and then but I just managed a great session on the treadmill. I've got my speeds up to 9.5km/h for the run and 7km/h for the recovery. Half way through the session I put the run speed up to 10km/h and then for my final run I sprinted at 12km/h :shock: :shock: . And I feel great. No dizziness since I got up this morning. Took the dog for a walk at 6.30, bunked off work cos I know there's not much to do and thought bugger it I will do it tomorrow.....hahaha, then went on the treadmill for 45 mins. Now gonna do the vacuuming and then walk with the dog 2kms each way to have a cup of tea with my mother in law cos I havent seen her since Sunday and she gets upset if I don't see her twice a week!!! So that will be my day. I might even watch a dvd this arvo. We have Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Ware Rabbit here at the moment so I might watch that. I took the kids to see it when it was on at the movies and thought it was cute!!! Dont mind watching it again anyway.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:32 pm

LOL do you ever stop!!? glad you are feeling better though, i have a friend like that too- she drives me batty! take care of yourself!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:20 pm

Glad you are well on the way to recovery!!
[/url]
Ally

Re: Rochelle's progress

Postby Groovychic » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 pm

O my gawd I just read back over this post! I was whinging about being high 60's in weight. I wish I was that now. I got up to 73kgs in the last year or so. Have managed to get it back to 70kgs in the last few months but have a long way to go. Still finding it extremely difficult to not eat too much crap. The exercise has never been a problem for me and I exercise pretty much every day. Mostly just walks with the dog but I do occassionaly get on the cross trainer or whatever. I feel guilty if I take the dog for a walk cos I didnt go in the gym but if I do go in the gym I feel guilty about not taking the dog for a walk. Doing both is not an easy option! More important the dog gets her walk.

I have found it interesting to come back to the forum. Haven't been around for a very long time. I have a lot of catching up to do I think!
Groovychic

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress