It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:24 am

Free Newsletter

Progress for Tarz

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Progress for Tarz

Postby Sas » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:28 pm

Tarz wrote:Do you play grass or turf hockey? I'm doing grass this year to get back into it then turf next year (will get to play at humbush yay) we train on turf at the moment so that will be hard adapting to grass again.

Oooo grass... I haven't had to play on that for years (thank god... I hate stupid bumpy grass!! lol). I don't think I would go too well if I had to go back after being spoilt playing on turf for so long now lol:)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby katerina » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:46 pm

my husband lost a lot of weight (well not much - 6-7 kg) when he stoped eating 2 or 3 times a day. you can add 2-3 meals : fruits or vegetables.
bread and spaghetti?? I know! they are wholegrained! but... Maybe you should consider more lean meat like chicken, fish, and don't forget about vegetables.
and... I know we all are good in advices :lol: !! I just thought your muscles need some quality nutrition. Hope I didn't offend you with what I said.
Not a very good english speaker, but I am tryin'

katerina

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Grass??? Are you nuts? I grew up playing on grass, switched when my hometown got a turf pitch and have never played again on grass. It is just a slower, much more painful (painful as in slow, frustrating etc) game I think. But if you enjoy it go for it. I've played at homebush before, we played our GF there a couple of years ago, it was such a good feeling!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:10 am

Date: 07/03/08
Food eaten -
Breakfast: Special K Advantage with skim milk (1 cup of each)
Lunch: Wholegrain bread with pickles and shaved chicken
Dinner: roast chicken subway and KFC Chips :|
Snacks: Orange in the am and rockmelon in the arvo, cup a soup in the evening
Exercise: none :(
Notes: I had it all planned to go home, to the groceries and have chicken parmagana 9done under the grill) and some mixed vegies then go do my usual exercise but did that happen... no. I ofered a friend a lift home from work because her car wouldn't start, she lives 5 minutes in one direction from work and i live five minutes in the other direction so i didn't think it would take long. It took over an hour!!!!! By the time i got to sams work to pick him up it was 6pm! (he works 2 min from home) Then he kept telling me he wanted to go to the Union game so i was tired, stressed from sitting in really bad traffic and then forced to go to a football game (i don't like union, only league). We were lucky we went to subway on the way or i'd get stuck with a pie at the football! I had the chips cos i was in such a bad mood. I know i shouldn't have. Last thing we expected at the game was for it to start raining. It poured, i spent the game wearing jeans and a singlet and got drenched. i was like a drowned rat. it was horrible. so happy to get home last night at 10.30.

MagicGirl79 wrote:Grass??? Are you nuts? I grew up playing on grass, switched when my hometown got a turf pitch and have never played again on grass

I have always played on turf (sand based) from under 11's to under 17 then quit to get a job (damn money) but just getting back into it i will playing grass. The only time i have played grass was at school sport. I prefer turf the ball doesn't hop over your stick when you try to stop it.

katerina wrote:Maybe you should consider more lean meat like chicken, fish, and don't forget about vegetables.

I try to eat lots of this but my past few days has been a night mare when it comes to dinner. But that all changes tonight when i get to go grocery shopping finally. Right now my fridge is empty i have nothing. no milk no carrots no capsicum no tomatos nothing!!!! i am down to what i have in the cupboard.

Okay if i haven't bored you yet with the really long post then guess... what i have one more thing to say.

Weigh in today. If you don't want to read any more i don't mind (it wasn't a good weigh in)
Unfortunately because i know i haven't had a good week i have gained 300g. I weighed in at 80.5kg :cry: At least it wasn't a big gain. and i have been really fortunate so far with my weight loss. i am still determined to reach the 70s next week. I will really step up this week with my eating and exercise. No excuses.
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:05 pm

You'll be fine, Tarz! Don't forget there are lots of reasons why you might have had a temporary weight gain. Just keep slogging away and you'll get down to the 70s in no time!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 am

Date: 08/03/08
Food eaten -
Breakfast: Apple
Lunch: steamed pumpkin, brocoli and carrot with sweat chilli sauce
Dinner: Chicken pizziola (from my weighloss cookbook) steamed carrot brocolli and capsicum and small serving wholegrain pasta.
Snacks: Cheesymite scroll
Exercise: 30min dumbell exercises and stretches
Notes: Really wish i could've had something better for breakfast but we went grocery shopping around lunch time. Dinner was so yummy, trying new things from my Symply to good to be true cookbooks.
I'm off to the markets now to load up on lots of fresh fruit and veg, my fridge will be choccers. :D
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 am

Date: 09/03/08
Food eaten -
Breakfast: coco pops :|
Lunch: left over chicken pizziola and steamed vegies :)
Dinner: minestrone (yummy!) :D
Snacks: Cherries in the am and dragonfruit in the pm :D
Exercise: none :x
Notes: Went to the markets yesterday and cherries were only $4 per kg! i stocked up. And dragonfruit was only $3.50 per kg. i only grabbed one but should have grabbed a few more, it was the red one which i really like. I love shopping for fruit and veg at the markets, i only spent $25 and my fridge is full and i have a fruit bowl on my dinner table. I definately won't be tempted by the bad foods this week. Plus the minestrone i made last night will be my lunch for the week.
Went to Operabar in sydney yesterday for a mates 22nd birthday, i drank diet coke and water all afternoon (mainly because it is so expensive there i wouldn't be able to afford anything else). Sam and i caught the ferry in and back it was so nice. Was able to watch the sunset from the ferry on the way home. Really really nice.
No exercise yesterday but i will make up for it by getting Womens day today just for the 2 week fernwood membership. I'll try classes most days. Anyway, have a great day all!
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:26 pm

It's great you got so much fruit so cheaply! Let us know how you get on at Fernwood. I'm starting to think about joining another gym, mainly because my gym has rubbish opening hours. I think there's a Fernwood near me so I'd love to hear your opinion!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby lng86 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi!

Just popping by to say hello.

Thank you for your kind words on my thread. I really appreciate it!

You're doing well! Don't worry about the small gain... It is about progress - not perfection.

Where do you go to the markets? That's such a small amount of money for loads of fruit and vegies!!!

Take good care of yourself.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Tarz » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:04 am

Date: 10/03/08
Food eaten -
Lunch: Minestrone and wholemeal bread roll
Dinner: A thin Beef steak with homemade coleslaw and steamed brocolli
Snacks: orange in the am, plum in the arvo and another orange in the evening
Exercise: 5km walk plus 40 minutes indoor netball (game was at 10:15 at night!!!!)
Notes: Happy with today, did plenty of exercise and ate well. Didn't get to Fernwood yesterday but have made an appointment for this afternoon. Going straight from work.
lng86 wrote:Where do you go to the markets? That's such a small amount of money for loads of fruit and vegies!!!

I go to Flemington markets. When it gets closer to lunch time they reduce everything more to get rid of it. We managed to get red capsicum for $1.99 kg and whole jap pumpkin for $2.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:21 am

Date: 11/03/08
Food eaten -
Breakfast: Special K Advantage with skim milk (1 cup of each) :D
Lunch: Minestrone and wholegrain bread roll :D
Dinner: Tuna mornay with rice ( i really need to start getting brown rice) :|
Snacks: banana in the am, plum close to lunch, orange in the pm. spoonful of coleslaw whilst cooking dinner i was so hungry.
Exercise: Went to fernwood to start 2 week trial and did 30 minutes solid cardio on the bike and treadmill then did strength workshop which involved getting trained on all the equipment and having a small fitness test. my muscles are a bit sore and tender now.
Notes: Was happyish with my eating just didn't portion to well for dinner cos i love tuna mornay and i know its not the best thing to have but thats what sam has been asking me to make.
Not to happy at the moment. I got some bad news yesterday from Sam, my rent has gone up! and not by a small amount but by 30 bucks a week!!!!!! Thats rediculous! i thought we were paying to much already but this has just gone and topped it. It serves me right for saying yesterday i like to move because that might happen but we have until end may before the change takes place. But what is really wierd is yesterday i get this notice then today i get to work and i have an envelope sitting on my desk saying private and confidential. $1600 increase a year. thats pitiful! but at least it will cover my rent increase only just after tax.
I really hope i have lost some weight this week. i haven't weighed my self since saturday so my fingers are crossed and i have been trying. I want to be a 70's chickee.
Any way moving on, have a great day everyone.
Tarz

Postby big_love » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:13 am

That sucks about the rent Tara!!! OMG I would have been ropeable!!! And tuna mornay...yuuuuuummmmmm...haven't had that in years! You are going great with your eating and exercise, and I reckon you will definantly be a 70's girl this week!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 am

Hey Tarz - don't be afraid to write to the real estate and ask that the increase in rent be reduced to only $10 or $15 per week. Look up current rental prices in your area and use then as justification, also let them know that $30 per week is a huge increase and not really justified in one hit. We did this last year when our RE tried to up ours by $20 per week, they agreed to cut it back to only $10 per week.
And there was no bargaining or anything, we just wrote a letter requesting it and it was agreed. I kind of wondered if they expect people to question it or not since it was so easily agreed upon?

I've never been to Flemington markets, I should head out there one weekend and suss it out. We'll be moving to Burwood at the end of April so it'll be pretty convenient for us to go there.

Also I'm a member of Fernwood and love it!!! I'm a little sad that we're moving because I'll have to change Fernwood's - I just hope the new one will be as good as my current one. The ladies there are all fantastic and it's so much more relaxed than other gyms where the men hog the weights machines and make you feel so self concious. I hope you enjoy your 2 week trial.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:09 am

Date: 12/03/08
Food eaten -
Lunch: Minestrone and bread roll
Dinner: Tuna mornay with rice (left overs - too many carbs argh!)
Snacks: banana in the am, pear in the arvo and cherries in the evening.
Exercise: Went to gym for 1 hour. Quite happy i was able to do the epilitacal (can't spell it) trainer for 25 minutes. i never use to be able to stay on it for more then 15 minutes, i still had energy afterwards. Did bike for 20 minutes then some brisk walking for 20 minutes to cool down. I am impressed with fernwood but still note sure if i can justify $26 a week. (although with rent going up by 30 a week i probably can't!)
Notes: Sorta happy with yesterday, too many carbs for dinner but i wasn't going to go to the gynm but felt like i should so i forced my self to go and i'm glad i did. Arms are still a bit sore.
MagicGirl79 wrote:don't be afraid to write to the real estate and ask that the increase in rent be reduced to only $10 or $15 per week. Look up current rental prices in your area and use then as justification, also let them know that $30 per week is a huge increase and not really justified in one hit.

In the letter they sent us they said to look at rentals around the area and there really isn't much out there in Ryde! and for a place that is sorta like ours it is pretty much up around $300 per week. It has become an extremely popular area in the past year and the value is increasing very quickly because of the new shopping centre that is being built. Sam (H2B0 went to a inspection at a plae down the road yesterday and he said there were about 25 different couples there! So many people want to live there and there aren't enough available apartments. I think we are just gonna have to cop it. :(
Tarz

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:27 am

You could always try just asking - they're not gunna evict you for asking a simple question. Doesn't take much time to draft the letter and the worst that could happen is them say no?
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress