It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:26 am

Free Newsletter

Progress for Tarz

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Progress for Tarz

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:36 am

I was thinking about going to see them tomorrow since i'm not working. Its worth a try. Thanks
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:54 am

I quite literally feel your pain Tarz! Our landlord put our rent up $40 per week last month, purely because that's the going rate in our area. That's a rise of 20% in one hit! Luckily I got a few hours teaching work at the uni soon after that which will cover the increase, but it's a huge kick in the guts regardless.

I'm seriously considering moving overseas when I finish my doctorate. I've always been okay with renting because I can't afford to buy a house. Now that even rent is getting beyond my means I'm thinking of moving to a country with more sustainable policies on housing.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:06 am

Well we found out yesterday for an extra $300 a week we could buy a place in a nice suburb outside of sydney which we want to do but can't for 3 yrs cos at the moment all our money is being plowed into our wedding fund (which is currently our Fiji fund)
At least my pay increase will cover the rent increase exactly. :x plus our room mate said he will pay us an extra $20 per week cos we let him have the garage. He has a done up lancer that people keep trying to steel. SO it works out to an extra $10 out of our pocket. There should be a limit to how much rent can go up to at a time. Oh well.
EvilWombatQueen wrote:I'm seriously considering moving overseas when I finish my doctorate.

Where overseas?!?!
Tarz

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:29 pm

Where-ever I can get a job! Maybe the UK, New Zealand or Canada. I have relatives in the North of England but it might be a bit cold for us, and housing prices probably aren't any cheaper there. I still have nearly two years to go so I'm going to start doing my research when I get close to finishing.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:34 am

Date: 13/03/08
Food eaten -
Breakfast: Special K Advantage with skim milk (1 cup of each)
Lunch: Minestrone and bread roll
Dinner: chicken parma (half a breast) and homemade coleslaw
Snacks: banana in the am, pear in the arvo and plum in the evening.
Exercise: 1 hour hockey training.
Notes: Very full day but happy with the outcome. not much else to tell.
No work today yay. getting my car fixed finally so get to go shopping at Parramatta. Fiance's birthday tonight so will be going out for dinner at the pub. will not have any alcohol tonight. will only have diet coke. Did weigh in this morning because i am eating out tonight. 79.5kg thats a 1kg loss. Yay, will check again tomorrow on official weigh in but at least i know i am doing well.
Have a great day everyone.

Tara
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 am

Date: 14/03/08
Food eaten -
Lunch: steak sandwich (only ate half and a handful of the chips - a good effort i think)
Dinner: greek salad
Snacks: protein shake from the gym after my strength workout, plum, protein shake before bed (at 1am - i was getting hungry and thought it might work, i was right it did).
Exercise: gym for 1.5hr doing cardio and strength.
Notes: happy with my efforts! not much else to say. Went out last night for dinner and drinks and drank diet cokes and water all night. I'm a good girl!!!!
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:50 am

Oh Tarz, Im so sorry about your rent hun...It is steep ! It's not any better with the interest rates on mortgages at the moment ... Our mortgage has gone up $64 per week since the first interest rate rise in 06 ... there's no relief in sight :(

Which pub did u end up going to last night ? At least you were a good girl ! I was terrible at the footy :P
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Tarz » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:18 am

GoddessInside wrote:Which pub did u end up going to last night ? At least you were a good girl ! I was terrible at the footy

Just my local, the royal hotel in Ryde then the guys went off too Bayview in Gladesville.
We didn't venture into the city. We were on a budget and not planning on having a big night, seems i was the only one that stuck to that plan :P
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:15 am

Date: 15/03/08
Food eaten -
Lunch: didn't exactly eat lunch but had various small snack during the day
Dinner: garden salad with grilled beef and vinigerette
Snacks: small bowl of homemade coleslaw, slim secret snack attack bar, handful of BBQ in a biscuit, 3 bites of sams sausage roll.
Exercise: Gym in the morning for 1hr cardio.
Notes: Only had too bacardi breezers at the races, the rest of the day i had been drinking water. didn't get a proper lunch because my choice was pie or sausage roll etc yuck! Had fun at the races, tried to get a photo to post but the guy that i asked to take the photo was a real tool that can't do anything right! Was dragged to hooters for dinner, OMG that place is disgraceful! The girls that work there are wearing tight hot pants and singlet tops and everyso often songs like the nutbush would come on and they stop what they are doing and start danving to it so that there boobs are bouncing around and guys are drooling over them. i was disgusted! And all the food was deep fried! the garden salad was the only healthy food and it was all lettuce. I guess thats what happens when there are only 2 girls in the group of 12 people. Will never ever go back its degrading!
Had so much energy last night, we went off to a pub and myself and the other girl danced for ages, we were sweating bad by the end but had so much fun (neither of us were drinking, i just didn't feel like it!)
Anyway, tigers game today - GO THE TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:23 am

Tarz wrote:
GoddessInside wrote:Which pub did u end up going to last night ? At least you were a good girl ! I was terrible at the footy

Just my local, the royal hotel in Ryde then the guys went off too Bayview in Gladesville.
We didn't venture into the city. We were on a budget and not planning on having a big night, seems i was the only one that stuck to that plan :P

I love the bayview !! That's where we had our engagement party :D We rolled down the hill on pittwater rd then stumbled up it to get home ... ahhh what a night :mrgreen:
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Tarz » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:41 am

GoddessInside wrote:That's where we had our engagement party

We nearly had our engagement party there but were expecting about 80 people and thought it would be to small. I love the bands that they have there on Saturday nights, last nights was great!
Tarz

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:39 pm

We had around 65 peeps and it fit us quite comfortably and still had a row of tables for other patrons ... so 80 wouldve been fine ;)

So whens the big day hun ?
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Tarz » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:39 pm

GoddessInside wrote:We had around 65 peeps and it fit us quite comfortably and still had a row of tables for other patrons ... so 80 wouldve been fine

We wanted to have cocktail style so people would be forced to mix more so we wanted an area like the balcony they have.
The big day isn't for another 2 years. March 20 2010. This gives us plenty of time to save up the money we need for the wedding we want. and of course i can be the size i want for sure :wink:
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:20 am

Date: 16/03/08
Food eaten -
Lunch: Subway - roast chicken 6 inch with honey mustard dressing
Dinner: steak with salad and corn on the cob
Snacks: snack attck bar around 3pm, protein shake befoer bed
Exercise: Gym in the morning (warm up for 20 min on treadmill then strength training.)
Notes: Girl at the gym was suprised to see me there again and commented that i must be dedicated to come in early 3 days in a row. I was suprised that she was suprised, i would have thought if people are paying that much to be a member there they would be making sure they go just about everyday.
I'm not expecting a big weight loss this week because of TTOM and i am focusing on strength a bit more but i am expecting cm loss. My work pants are feeling even looser today, i walked up to the coles up the road a little earlier and had to keep hoisting them up :mrgreen: I can't wear a belt with them cos it would just look stupid.
Woke up with a really sore throat this morning but i think it is because i have smoked more this weekend then i had all year so i am slightly ashamed and embarrassed at myself so goal for the next week is to not smoke at all. my body will thank me for it.
Anyway have a great day everyone!
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:46 am

Tarz wrote:My work pants are feeling even looser today, i walked up to the coles up the road a little earlier and had to keep hoisting them up :mrgreen:

Isn't that the best feeling?!?! Esp at TTOM!!

Smacks for smoking!! You're right your body will thank you for quitting - esp your throat!!

You have a good day too!! :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress