It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 am

Free Newsletter

my first progress report!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

my first progress report!

Postby jess_jess » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:45 am

ok, here I go - this week has been up and down, I've had cravings I've been completely motivated and inspired, completely shot down by an awful commment and ive given in and had some bad food but all in all this week has been great. Let me fill you in on my first week of serious weightloss effort in a long time.

so here's what ive been doing to loose the weight:

EATING
*cut out soft drink completely - has been replaced with water or if i get sick of that sparkling water with a slice of lemon (yummy!)

*I have cut down to one cup of tea per day - 1/2 a sugar and skim milk - instead of up to 4 cups that i used to have! (with 2 sugars :shock: )

*no fried foods, all fresh meat and fish, paired with vegies every night

*cut down on bread (one thing that i LOVE) and if i do have it i have multigrain

*changed from light white milk to skim

*eating 3 proper meals a day with a big glass of water and snacks of fruit/ light cheese etc if im hungry.

*no chocolate :shock: :( :shock: now this is what ive been craving badly! im an addict!

EXERCISE

*at least 25-30 mins per day on the elliptical machine (at home) followed by sit ups/push ups/ crunches/lunges
this whole routine usually lasts the total time it takes to watch oprah hehehehe

*some days if im feeling extra bothered i have been doing my own version of thai -bo to music for my upper body (i used to do this class when i was with the gym and i just do the moves i can remember lol)

ok so now for my slip ups,

*i didnt do any exercise sat/ sunday but i did go to the beach sat and i did a market stall sunday which requires lots of setting up and carrying heavy stuff so i considered this a bit of a workout :P

*saturday night i planned on not drinking at a bbq but ended up caving in and doing shots when they got out the baileys, butterscotch, kaluah :(
also ate cheesecake for dessert

*sunday i ate an icecream (a proper one with the wafer cone.. stairway to heaven.. no low fat for me! :( )

Horrible experience that lowered my esteem was on saturday when we were heading to the beach I was with my boyfriend and his mate, i was covered - wearing a black linen dress that you can wear over cossies. some guys rode past us on the bike track and one said as he passed me "look out Rhino" :evil:

I was gutted. I lay on my towel and cried, I know its pathetic but i havent heard a comment like that in a long time and it happened to be in the week i was REALLY making an effort to do something about it!
You know when you have those moments when you wish you had reacted earlier and said something really smart back... well i didnt get the chance i just stopped dead like a stunned mullet hehe.

Mood lifter/ Inspiration: my boyfriend tried really hard to cheer me up while at the beach saying lots of lovely things to me so god bless him :)
At the bbq that night my brother and girlfriend commented that i looked like i had lost weight! WOHOO
Watching Oprah this week - episode on the best life challenge - seeing what transformations some people have had was so inspiiring!
Being on here and reading everyones stories and seeing their photos, what a lovely group of people you all are - YOU all inspire me completely!

NOW FOR THE WEIGH IN:

last monday 6:30 am - 69kg
today 6:30 am - 67kg!!!

i was so excited, now if that isnt an incentive to keep it up i dont know what is!.

Its my birthday this weekend and the weekend after my man is taking me to sydney for the night so my goal is to be 65 kgs by then and i want to buy myself a new cossie :)

thanks for reading, Jess xx
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgVqTvk/]
[/url]
jess_jess

Postby Mandie » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:53 am

Sounds like you've done really well this week! A couple of minor slip ups, but that happens - that's life! I bet you enjoyed the shots :) Baileys is yum!

As for the horrible comment - sigh, some people are such D*CKHEADS! It's great that your bf was able to cheer you up though.

Overall - keep up the great work, and you'll be at goal before you know it!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:35 pm

That's a great loss Jessie!

I can't believe that w*nker called you a rhino. Try and forget about it. Just visualise all the horrible karma that is going to drop itself onto his dumb head for being such a dickhead. For instance, close your eyes and imagine that he was hit by a car minutes after that insult. That usually puts a smile on my face and lets me let go of the incident. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:13 pm

2kgs !!!!! That's an awesome loss Jess, you should be extremely proud of yourself !

Don't worry about that *&^%$#@, immature people like that don't deserve to have you stressing or getting upset over them. The only thing they have is nerve, nothing else, Im sure he'd live an empty shallow life.

Keep it up girl, you're going great guns :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby mimosa8 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:06 am

well done on your loss.

Keep up the good work.

visualise the slimmer healthier you.. you are on your way..

dont lose hope.. you can do it!!

Dont worry about a small slip up we all have those from time to time. The main point is that you GET BACK ON THE WAGON

and make changes. keep up the good work and you will reap the rewards!
mimosa8

Postby JP1 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:31 am

hey you sound like youre on your way... well done and ignore the idiots!
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:17 pm

Jess, your plan sounds very doable and achievable.

Holy, I can't believe the nerve of some people :twisted:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Return to Personal Progress