It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:10 pm

Free Newsletter

.·:* Nikki's journey *:·.

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

.·:* Nikki's journey *:·.

Postby Nikerz82 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Okally dokally... So you all know Im Nik and 25, Mum to 3 little ones, had twins last year :)

My mission is to go from being the most humungus pregnant thing you've ever seen, to smoking hot mumma! I quite realistically see myself needing a tummy tuck to tighten the loose skin because man was I maxed out after the twins, They took 2 hours to sew this humpty dumpty back together again for the simple fact they had so much skin to deal with so I need to be realistic, after all im not loosing all this weight to look like the sag bag stomach lady, I wanna lot hot and feel great about myself, like I should..Im done with being paranoid about myself, Hence why Im loosing the chub!

anyways my plan is simple, Im loosing weight the old fashioned way through healthy eating, hard work and excercise. Ive used magic potions in the past which got me some where fast but back to fat plus some, just as quick! so not going there again.

I stick to 1200-1300 cals a day and my excercise consists of walking , basic weights, ab work, Kneeboarding/watersports on weekends and of course dance class (basically body jam) one hour a week once school goes back.

Im plain, flat out seeing what ya average Jo can acheive on their own with just determination. My plan once I reach my goal is to maintain that weight for a couple of years to see if the skin will snap back and if not then yeah I will be considering the mummy tuck options.

I started this mission June 11th 2007 @ 101 kilos which is 221lbs
Im quite short at only 163cms tall 5ft 4' so I looked like a huge watermelon with arms and legs. Im very apple shaped, all guts, no butt. Im heading for a goal weight of 65 kilos or 135lbs, although I will see how I feel once I get there.

I monitor my progress by mesurements, weight and photos
According to the home fat body test I have 30.4% body fat.
66.9 lbs of that is fat and 153.1 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water). So according to that I should be aiming at 153.1 lbs which is 70 kilos (Im aiming at 65)

My measurements in Inches-
1st lot were done at the start so as of June 07
Second set done in Nov 07
Due to do 3rd set soon!

Bust 48.5 (-3.5) = 45
Under Bust 41.5 (-2) = 38.5
Ribs 45 (-5.5) = 39.5
Belly Button 50 (-6) = 44
Hips 49.5 (-4.5) = 45
Inner Thighs 25.5 (-2.5) = 23
Above Knees 21.5 (-2.5) = 19
Calves 16.5 (-1.5) = 15
Arms Biceps 13 (-1.5) = 11.5

29.5 INCHES GONE FOR GOOD!! :D

At the moment im on an 8 week challenge and im being very strict on myself and excercising 6 days a week, Were going to Bali March 4th and I wanna loose as much as I can before I go so I can shop my little heart out!

Last weeks weight was 80 kilos. Im due to weigh in next on wednesday, although im not relying on scale loss because im coming up due for my monthlies. I would love to be under 75 kilos before I go away.

My new morning routine which I have only started since my 8 week challenge consists of:

100+ double crunches (bean)
50+ twist crunches (bean)
50+ squats, with arm lifts holding additional 4kgs in weights
50+ arm curls
25+ arm stretched out side way extensions holding weights
25+ scarecrow lifts
25+ superman lifts
25+ Plie` squats holding weights

Each day I add a few more here and there, Today I did 30 extra crunches so Im gonna increase each week.
I have one excercise free day a week, where I dont do anything, It just saves me from draining my batteries and packing everything in.

Ive taken 3 sets of Photos so far and will take one more set just before the holiday, so i'll try and upload them afterwards. Im gonna use this thread as my path to en-lighten-ment and place of thin-spiration when everything seems so impossible.

Thanks for taking the time to read my never ending story and goodluck on all of your journey's!

[/img] :D
Nikerz82

My progress pics...so far....

Postby Nikerz82 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:37 pm

Hey everyone, here are my progress shots so far. Sorry my face is all fuzzed out, I have them uploaded into a public album and im not really comfortable with the whole world recognising me half naked :oops:

My apoligies for the bikini ..I know its not the best look at the mo but i guess having everything out in the open makes it alot easier to see the progress :P

last weeks current weight was 80 kilos, next weigh in is on wednesday.

:D 15 kilos to go!
Nikerz82

Postby Mummyof3 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:31 am

Hey Nik, thanks for posting your stats, I enjoyed reading a bit about yourself, honestly girlfriend, you not bad looking, I mean you have had twins for goodness sakes, I was really expecting an apple shape person :lol: but not even... Hey dont call your self a watermelon again ay :wink: keep up the plan that you have in place, and you will achieve your goals in no time....

Your determination I can feel it girly 8) Congratulations on the loss in measurments and I soooo look forward to the next lot... I also look forward in following the your journey....

:D Catherine
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:54 pm

I know I really pull the piss out of myself more then I should buts its all in the name of good fun. honestly I have really quite good self esteem lol

like you pointed out I have had twins and could of looked alot worse and Im very lucky to have all my children they told me id never have kids, but its just my nature, tell me I cant do something and I'll do everything in my power to prove you wrong!
- I was a censored of a teenager lol

At the end of the day.. I would not trade a thing, every pound I gained, every stretch mark I broke, totally worth it in my eyes. they are such little blessings.

Thanks for coming by thread and supporting me along the ride. And Thankyou for your encouragement, your a gem :wink:
Nikerz82

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:57 pm

lol how cools that the forum bleeps you.

I was a censored teenager What The?

I was a sh!t of a teenager more like it haha :lol:
Nikerz82

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:42 pm

thanks heaps for posting your pics :) it does take a lot of guts to do semi-nude ones, lots of guts i dont have hehe

can i ask, does having kids stuff people's bodies up? cos i am losing all this weight, and then trying to fall preg, but it will all go back on again.....how much do u lose after having a baby, like before you have to work at it?

you have done well so far :) good luck and i look forward to seeing more pics and i really enjoyed reading your progress :p you're funny
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Well I dont wanna scare ya but its all over from here on in, might aswell put away the frenchies and pull out the bridget jones undies and start saving for boob jobs, tummy tucks and lipo.....

Nah ..im just kidding with ya... totally, kidding! Really..relax..Im kidding.

As for stuffing up your body, and I can only say from my experience is yes and no. some things improved after childbirth some things got worse.

I have PCOS so im a different ballgame to most but many centuries ago im talking BC.... before children that is. I had the pcos with endo (endeodetremosis) Im sure that spelling is way off, anyways after having Mikayla that went away and my period re-regulated itself for the first time in my life so that got better for me.

I have been up and down with my weight my whole life, many thanks to pcos and bad eating choices of course. But I got pregnant with mikayla at 99 kilos, the morning after I had her I was 122 kilos, I gained alot of weight with my pregnancy because I developed gestational diabeties in my third trimester, on top of that I also scored pre-empclampsia, high blood pressure and toxemia so I had the whole lot and of course ending up with an emergency ceaser 3 weeks before my due date. I lost 6 kilos without trying and was stuck at 116 kilos before I had to start making it moove.

Part of me couldnt help but wonder if me being over weight contributed to all my problems so I made a decision to make sure I was in shape before I got pregnant again. Mikayla was born in 2002 it took me 4 years to loose 42 kilos, Id loose a bit here and get real motivated loose another bit there but it took me ages, In the end I powerd off the last 10 kilos in order to get ready to make another baby. I walked into the doctors office at 78 kilos, walked out of hospital with my twin babies at 109. I lost 8 kilos in fluid and swelling and was stuck at 101 kilos before I had to work at loosing. I also had a ceaser with the twins so I have a typical ceaser belly, the flap that hangs over your undies and its not attractive. My skin is very loose and I have heaps of stretch marks on my belly and sides but I look at myself getting smaller and starting to shape up and think I have had 3 kids I could look worse. But Im definatly not gonna have a wash board stomach and tight taught skin, those days are long gone lol..

Not everyones the same tho, my mum had two kids, has taught tight skin at 48 and doesnt have a stretchmark on her. I really think its the luck of the draw and shes just a b!tch, size 10 and still wears a bikini, makes me sick lol

One things for sure, once you've given birth nothing embarrases you anymore. :lol: lol
Nikerz82

Postby oostevens » Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:42 pm

ha ha i have heard that ;)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby electrongirl » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:04 pm

One things for sure, once you've given birth nothing embarrases you anymore. lol

especially after a group of student doctors watches you give birth!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:04 pm

Hi Nik your doing great matey! :) Im a mum of 4 and I totally know where your coming from LOL!

Look forward to reading about your progress.

Cheers
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Today is weigh in day..

Postby Nikerz82 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:32 pm

Well that blows but like I predicted no scale loss this week, I should invest in a digital pair so you can see the little losses, but I just have your supermarket cheapies that does your lbs loss or kilo loss. so nothing significant enough to make the scales move.

I also re-did my measurements this morning lost another 9 inches from all over :D 2 off my bust, 2 from under my bust, 1.5 from my ribs, 1 off my belly, 1.5 off my hips and and 1 off my thighs! So that makes the whole "no scale loss" sweeter to swallow lol

heres my updated measurements.

Bust 48.5 (-3.5) (-2) = 43
Under Bust 41.5 (-2) (-2) = 36.5
Ribs 45 (-5.5) (-1.5)= 38
Belly Button 50 (-6) (-1) = 43
Hips 49.5 (-4.5) (-1.5) = 43.5
Inner Thighs 25.5 (-2.5) (-1) = 22
Above Knees 21.5 (-2.5) (nill) = 19
Calves 16.5 (-1.5) (nill) = 15
Arms Biceps 13 (-1.5) (nill) = 11.5
Nikerz82

Postby Mandie » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:44 pm

sucks about the lack of scale loss but as you said there might have been a small loss that you can't see on your scales!

BUT awesome work with the measurements! that's the important bit - you are definitely getting slimmer!

keep up the great work!
Mandie

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:13 pm

If got some very cheap digital scales from DealsDirect.com.au if you're looking at getting some different scales. If you have an Aldi near you they sometimes have cheap digital scales there as well.

I ditched my cheap analogue scales when I realised they were hideously inaccurate. It might be worth checking your scales against some that are definitely exact (such as Chemist's scales) to make sure yours aren't out.

Your measurements are going great! Good on you. You're doing so well!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Mummyof3 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:00 pm

At the end of the day.. I would not trade a thing, every pound I gained, every stretch mark I broke, totally worth it in my eyes. they are such little blessings.
that is so excepting, you really are going to go along way, and do well with the weightloss.
Good going with the :wink:
*FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION*

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."

Mummyof3

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Rachel, in answer to your question, I think it depends on the person as to whether your body is really affected by pregnancy.
I've had two healthy children (and sadly, one miscarriage last year), and for the first two pregnancies, not a stretch mark and only gained around 10kg each time. Neither of my kids were big babies, however (probably due to pre-eclampsia).

I've found the biggest problem is not having time to exercise after baby - you're usually exhausted, and after number 2, there are simply not enough hours in the day! That's when the weight goes on, I find.

Best to start from an optimal weight if you can before falling pregnant, I reckon.

Good luck ! And to you Nikerz, you're doing amazingly!

Cheers, Lisa

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Next

Return to Personal Progress