It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Free Newsletter

AusBobbys Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

AusBobbys Progress

Postby ausbobby » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:40 pm

This is almost to the end of day one of my journey.

I am happy with myself so far.

Managed to play about 2 hours of badminton last night and then went for a swim today for about 45 minutes. Unfortunately sat around and did not much else besides that. I realise that it is important to keep on being active even outside of excercise.

I had a headache this morning which required me to sleep about an hour before lunch to get rid of it. When i woke up i still had the damn headache so decided to take a couple of panadol which worked a treat. Next time i have a headache i will just take pain killers instead of being lazy and going to sleep.

This afternoon i also have some badminton and squash planned with some friends. The funny thing with me is that i can play for long periods of time racquet sports with friends but when it comes to going to the gym then i just cant seem to do more than 10 minutes without being lazy.

Anyway i weight myself on the scales this morning and was 90kg but i think this is water than actually anything else.

I have also made a new resolution that with lunch and dinner i am going to have steamed vegetables i do in the microwave. The ones i really enjoy are fresh mushrooms, asparagus and broccoli. I have eaten these with some vegetable seasoning salt and also tried a touch of Woolies onion gravy (about 2 table spoons worth). This also results in me feeling full without such a calorie hit and it is tasty too.

The journey continues......

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Hi there, good luck with your journey. You don't need to go to a Gym to get some exercise. I don't and I go for incential exercise. Since I hate exercising. Playing raquet sports is concered exercise. Keep up with it and you get there in no time!

Postby shelbel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:08 am

Hey ausbobby, Sounds like a great start to your journey there! Well done to you! I know what you mean about being lazy, im so the same! I'll bet you enjoy racquet sports more because its more fun whereas gym seems like work, maybe things like kicking the footy or a game of cricket with your mates would be more enjoyable and social, justtry to skip the beers after! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:54 pm

The steamed veggies sound delicious! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try. I've never thought of steaming mushrooms before, and I'm a huge fan of mushrooms!

Badminton and squash are great forms of exercise. From what I've heard squash really gets you working up a sweat! Don't worry about the gym for the moment. If you want to shake up your fitness routine later then worry about it then. For now it seems like you're getting a great amount of exercise!

Good on you! Keep up the good work!

Return to Personal Progress