It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:28 am

Free Newsletter

Beetle's healthy eating journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Beetle's healthy eating journal

Postby Mandie » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:34 pm

Sounds like you've been pretty sensible there Beetle - cutting down the portion sizes, keeping a diary. I agree with EWQ - stopping chocolate altogether may be hard but if you make a time for a small amount each day, it should keep cravings away.

You CAN do this - best of luck!
Mandie

Postby kittykat84 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:46 pm

i LOVE chocolate - always have and always will!! I now allow myself a treat of chocolate once a week, and instead of going to the shop and buying a block, I buy myself a milkyway or a freddo. That way I get my choc fix without the option of eating the whole block (which I always did if there was a whole block there!!)
kittykat84

Postby Beetle » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks guys, I know I CAN do this, I just need to start believing in myself.
KittyKat - I love the idea of only buying a small chocolate once a week, but living with my parents means there is constantly chocolate in the house and it seems to always be calling my name hehehe :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woR3SP2/]
[/url]
Beetle

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:29 pm

Best wishes Beetle Im looking forward to reading your progress :)
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby big_love » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:43 pm

hey beetle I totally know what you mean about food calling your name...I always tell Chris (my b/f) that his food is looking at me...I made the mistake of buying him the double decker box of Ferrero Rocher for v-day...I only had 2 though, about 3 days apart, and by then, there was none left so that was good for me...probably not for Chris though :roll: . Its easy to say "have some willpower", but I hate people saying that...so Ill say "it won't happen overnight, but it will happen:" :wink: :mrgreen: Hope your food stops talking to you :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby MagicGirl79 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:20 pm

Hi Beetle,

I also have a choc addiction. My current plan to stop the choc attacks is that I have given myself a mini-goal and in order to reach that mini-goal it means no choc. I even bought my reward (new handbag, which the hubby has hidden from me) so that when I hit my mini-goal I can be rewarded.

So I said that I wasn't allowed to have choc until I get under 95kg, that's 3kg away. So I figure at least 3 weeks. After that I'm hoping that since I've survived without choc for 3 weeks already then it can't be too hard to keep it up.

If you're still finding that it's too hard to resist the choc, buy some fun-size mars lite bars. Put them in the freezer and then when you want some choc, it will take you awhile to eat one and it def helps with slowing down the choc attack. And the mars lites are relatively low in calories, so you don't have to feel so bad about eating the fun-size ones.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:40 pm

That's a great tip about putting them in the freezer, MG. What a great way to make chocolate take longer to eat! Thanks for that. I'm going to be freezing all my treats from now on!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Beetle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:10 pm

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one round here that is addicted to chocolate or has food that calls my name until it is comfortably in my stomach :)
The last two days have been really good for me. I haven't had chocolate or any other junk food, I've been eating 3 meals a day with fruit or yoghurt for snacks and also been having an afternoon protein shake which seems to be helping keep me full. :D
Training is going really well at the moment, but is also quite full on. Today I cycled to training in the rain at 5am and then had to do 2 5km time trials back to back in horrible choppy water. After this we did a 10km run and then I cycled home. This afternoon I again cycled to training and then did a 1hr lactate tolerance weights circuit followed by 6km on the rowing maching before cycling home. Wow, I feel exhausted just looking at that and to think that I do it almost every day :roll:
Anyway, I'm feeling much more positive about my eating at the moment, I feel like I'm actually starting to believe that I CAN do this.
[/url]
Beetle

Postby MagicGirl79 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:44 am

Holy crap beetle!! How do you manage to do all that exercise daily??? I'd be exhausted after one day and then have to take the rest of the week off to recover :lol:

Well done - I'm asssuming that it's your food intake that you need to work on to drop those last few kilo's then? Cause you're certainly getting enough exercise (sorry if you've mentioned this somewhere else before, I'm new to the forum).
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Beetle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:59 am

Lol magicgirl, it's certainly my food intake i need to work on. I just find with so much training i'm always hungry but then don't give myself time to realise I'm full, plus I try and justify eating extra chocolate because of the amount of training I do. I just need to find the right balance between eating enough and not overeating. If I don't eat enough then I find I don't have the energy to train.
I'm also not really sure how much more fat I have to drop because I have a fairly large muscle mass so my goal of 60kg may be a little unrealistic.
[/url]
Beetle

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:46 pm

Hey Beetle congrats on the good eating ;) And woooot your exercising is awesome :)
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey, Beetle. Have you considered trying energy bars just before working out and protein bars afterwards? The former may give you the extra glycogen you need for your workout while the latter will help you recover and will give you a filling snack. That way maybe you won't feel the need to eat quite so much to fuel your workouts. It might be worth a try, anyway.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Beetle » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:52 pm

Hey EWQ, I must say I'm not a huge fan of energy bars because of all the additives they tend to have and I also find that don't really fill me up. I do usually have a sustagen and a banana preworkout and a protein shake or home-made muesli bar within 15mins of finishing. I think it comes down to the fact that in a typical training session including riding there and back, I burn approximately 1500 calories and I train twice a day. I let myself get too hungry by the time I get home. I don't like having too many supplements and stuff, so I might try packing a small breakfast of yoghurt and muesli to eat before I ride home. Hopefully it will have settled enough by the time I get home that I'm not ready to eat anything and everything.
[/url]
Beetle

Postby Beetle » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:27 pm

Well, the last week has been a bit up and down. My eating is improving and I'm feeling better for it, however I still have a long way to go.
I just went to the shops and bought some dark chocolate and some snaplock bags so I can separate it into portions and only have a small amount each day, hopefully this will help satisfy my chocolate cravings.

I have decided to avoid the scales for the next month because at the moment they are ruining my life. If I happen to step on them and they show a higher number, I am moody and depressed for the rest of the day. Plus, I've gotten into the habit of weighing several times a day which I know isn't healthy. I think I am going to try and focus on how I am feeling and how my clothes fit rather than the number on the scales.

I have also set a goal of trying to make sure I get at least 6 serves of vegetables a day, recently I have been eating way too much fruit instead of the vegetables I should be having. The problem is, I get lazy and it is so much easier to just eat a piece of fruit than it is to cook some vegetables.

Well, that's about it, here's hoping I can stick to the no scales and 6 serves of veg.
[/url]
Beetle

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Bettle!

I know exactly what you mean about being moody and depressed by the scales! I'm thinking about putting mine away and only bringing them out once a week or even once a fortnight...

I also understand about the fruit and veg thing!! I struggle to eat only 2 pieces of fruit a day...but perhaps you could try and find some veggies you like raw that are just as easy as fruit....like a carrot? Cucumber (is this a veg or technically a fruit...?!), celery, brocolli or cauliflower - maybe with come salsa...?

Good luck!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress