It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:25 am

Free Newsletter

Beetle's healthy eating journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Beetle's healthy eating journal

Postby katerina » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:20 pm

I hate scales too. I like more to measure my waist. If it is smaller - Party in the house :lol: . If it's not, that's ok, It will be next week :wink: .
Not a very good english speaker, but I am tryin'

katerina

Postby Beetle » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Well, eating my vegetables is going well, but I've failed miserably on the no scales pledge, I just can't seem to resist the temptation.

Had a really good day today exercise wise. I've been a bit down on the whole rowing thing lately, almost feeling like it's starting to take over my life a little too much again, but today I got out for a really good row and actually felt some improvements and it made me realise just why I do it. I also tried a body combat class at the gym tonight for something different and absolutely loved it, I'll definitely be doing it again to add a bit more variety to my routine.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woR3SP2/]
[/url]
Beetle

Postby Beetle » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Well, I've managed to stay away from the scales since Thursday, which is a reallly loooong time for me. I've also started to get the chocolate cravings under control. I bought a block of dark choc the other day and broke it up into 10 packs of 6 squares. I then make one pack last me 1-2 days and it seems to be working. I didn't have any yesterday cos I didn't even want it, but I know that it's there if I truly feel like it.

I go back to uni tomorrow, going to be a real shock to the system to juggle full-time study with part-time work and rowing 12 times a week, but I guess I'll just have to be super organised.

I'm in a really happy mood right now, feeling good that i'm eating and training properly and seem to be finding myself a proper routine again. :D
[/url]
Beetle

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:25 pm

Wow - I thought I had a full on life! Good on you for juggling everything. The better you treat yourself the better you'll cope. And there's a saying I love - if you want something done? Ask a busy person...
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Beetle » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 am

Okay, well I fell of the wagon for a little bit there... I am now back to 67kg though, and feeling much better about things. I have slowly come to realise that I need a bit of a change from my current training program, so have decided to start training for a half marathon and then possibly a marathon. It will still keep me fit for rowing, but will give me some variety. Now all I need to do is find a running buddy... If anyone lives in the Western suburbs of Adelaide and is keen to do some running, let me know!!!

On the eating side of things, I've been a bit all over the place, but have finally dealt with some of the issues that are causing this and have eaten well this week and feeling very positive about things.

Hoping for a good week!!!
[/url]
Beetle

Postby Beetle » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Well, I was back on the wagon for a bit there, but unhealthy eating and a little bit of binging is coming back to haunt me. I am yet to find a proper eating plan that I can stick to. I was going alright just eating everything in moderation, but now it's all starting to fall apart again. Chocolate is again my biggest problem, so I'm going to try to go back to what I was doing before and put aside about 6 squares of dark choc a day in mini glad bags and enjoy every single square individually.

Training has been going well, but very full on, hence why I find it difficult to control my eating, I just get way too hungry. My calories burnt from exercise along has been averaging 3000-4000 per day!!! I have been doing more running as well and set a pb on my 10k the other day of 42mins.

Anyway, I'm going to try and get on here everyday to record my progress and keep myself accountable.

Beetle
[/url]
Beetle

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:39 pm

Glad you're back, Beetle!

My eating's gone a bit haywire recently as well. I'm blaming giving up alcohol for a week. I ended up craving sweet things so much to compensate I think I ate twice as much as normal in the evenings!

I hope you find an eating plan that suits you. I like your idea of putting portions of chocolate in plastic bags. I think I'll have to do the same thing if I ever plan on cutting out wine again!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby chubbywife79 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:32 pm

Your doing such a great job. Don't worry your not on your own with eating habits. Mine went great for the last two days and went crap for today.
chubbywife79

Postby Beetle » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:43 am

Thanks guys, I think I'm finally starting to find what works for me.

Overall I had a really great weekend and think I am actually starting to get somewhere. I went back to my doctor's on Saturday and he has put me back on anti-depressants and I must say I think I'm starting to feel a lot better already, not as anxious or moody and I feel in control of my life again. I'm hoping that it stays this way, I have an appointment to see a counsellor this week to try and sort some stuff out and it feels better just to know that things can only improve and it's a big load off my shoulders to have finally made the appointment.

Anyway, I'm hoping that once I sort some of this stuff out the scales will start moving in the right direction for me. It's amazing how weightloss brings out so many insecurities and problems from the past!

Here's hoping for a great week!
[/url]
Beetle

Previous

Return to Personal Progress