It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Katie's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Katie's Journey

Postby kittykat84 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:58 am

Well, I should have started this thread when I first started my 'lifestyle change' but I guess better late than never

I'm nearly at the end of week 2 and I have only lost 1kg so far but I keep telling myself that's better than nothing!! I have noticed a difference, esp in my face so I guess I'm just adding a bit of muscle at the same time.

My hubby got a gym membership with me so we have been going together. I have gone 4 times this week which I am proud of because I'm notourious for making up excuses as to why I can't go to the gym!! Each time I have gone I've pushed myself hard and have always left sparkling with sweat so I know I've been doing well!!

My main motivation to lose weight is the way I looked in some photo's of me and my family that were taken at christmas. I looked hideous!! At 82kg I was the heaviest I have ever been and I didn't like what I saw at all!! I think the main reason I have put on so much weight over the past 2 years or so - I had a knee reconstruction in june 2006 which left me pretty immobile for a while and I still have problems with my legs muscles but that will hopefully change soon!!

So - I have set myself a mini goal of 75kg - when I get to that I am treating myself to a day at the beauty spa! The last time I weighed 75kg was just after hubby and I met - almost 5 years ago - so it will be nice to start to look like that again.

I have had issues with my weight/eating as far back as I remember. When I was in primary school - I would never eat anything at school and would come home and hide my lunch under my bed. My parents found them eventually and I got into alot of trouble so i started throwing out my lunch every day! I also hated eating out in restaurants and everytime my family went out, I would get so nervous and anxious that it would make me physically ill. I feel really sorry for my parents now because we could never really go out as a family, someone would always have to stay at home with me.

I grew out of that eventually, but I still had issues with my weight - especially when I hit puberty. My best friend at the time weighed 30kg (she was naturally thin - could never put on weight!) so that's all I had to compare myself to. By the time I was 15 (and starting at a CO-Ed school) I had developed Anorexia Nervosa. I just plainly stopped eating and I shed 13kgs in a matter of weeks. My parents noticed something was wrong so that summer I spent in a Inpatient facility being fed through a Nasogastric tube. In hospital, I made friends with my neighbour, best friends, and when she succumed to the illness it made me realise what I was doing to myself. I made a conscious effort to change the way I thought and I ended up getting out of hospital just in time for school to start. All my friends noticed the difference and I was getting so many comments about being skinny I loved it.

I guess after that I just got complacent and after I kept telling myself that my weight wasn't an issue, I began to stop thinking about it all together. SO when I finished school and started eating poorly at uni and at home, I didn't think anything of it. 17kg later and I saw those photo's taken of me at christmas and It's playing on my mind again. I know I've matured to the point where I know what is healthy and unhealthy so I know I can do this properly and reach my goals. I am excited about this journey and look forward to sharing it with you all.

Thanks for reading. Sorry if it's a bit upfront but I wanted to get everything I was thinking off my chest. *sighs* Feels better now!

So off I go - 1kg down, 16 to go!!

Katie
kittykat84

Postby shelbel » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:29 pm

Hey Katie, its your progress page you write as much as you need to! :wink: Its great that you have your hubbys support and a gym partner there as well and your off to a great start already, 1kg is fantastic! :D

Good luck with your journey and sing out if you have any questions
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Thanks so much for sharing that with us, Katie. You've really been through a lot with your eating disorder in the past. I'm glad you're looking at more healthy ways to approach your goals now.

Good on you on your loss so far! I really look forward to reading about your healthy weight loss journey in the future!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks for sharing your story with us Kate. Sounds like you've got some great support around you which is fantastic :)

All the best for your weightloss goals and I look forward to reading your progress updates.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kittykat84 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:44 am

thanks for your support everyone! It has really helped me out!

So, I cheated a little bit and weighed myself today. I have lost 100g which I'm happy for (coz im almost in the 70s!) but surprised because I have been REALLY lazy this week!! I just started a new job, and after being on holidays for 2 months I'm finding it hard to get back into the routine of 6am wake ups and being on my feet all day. At the end of the day I have been so exhausted I only went to the gym once this week :oops: !

However, I have been really good with my eating habits. I have found that I don't even think about it anymore, I just eat really well and don't really give myself any alternative. My new favourite is kangaroo steaks marinated in garlic and herbs - so yummy!!

When I get up in the morning so early, I really don't feel like eating anything so I have changed my method a bit. I am having a Meal replacement shake (kate morgan) for breakfast, then morning tea is a piece of fruit of some sorts, lunch is usually a salad with tuna or a wrap, and dinner is some kind of protein with salad or veggies.

I have been really good with water too - I always drink a minimum of 2L a day. We don't have anything else to drink (other than milk) and I'm feeling a lot better for it (even if I pee all the time!)

So I'll keep at it, and hopefully this week (after my 8 days at work straight) I'll have some more energy to do some more exercise!!

Keep you posted!

Katie :mrgreen:
kittykat84

Re: Katie's Journey

Postby milkyway » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:15 pm

How's the new job going? I'm in the same boat as you - I start a new job on Tuesday after almost 4 years of flexible freelance work. I'm really looking forward to getting into a routine. So I don't blame you for not getting to the gym and at least the scales are heading in the right direction. You'll be a seventies chickie before you know it :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kittykat84 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:00 pm

hey milkyway!

My job is going really well. It's a great place to work and the people are really nice! I'm just exhausted though, I've never really worked full time before and doing late shifts that finish at 11 then starting at 6:45 is killing me!! I'll get used to it I guess!

I cheated again and weighed myself today - 80.4!!! wahoooo I'm gonna be a 70s girl. Get ya disco ball out!!

heeheheh

Katie
kittykat84

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:25 am

Bring on the 70's!!! :mrgreen:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Fantastic! That's a great loss Katie. Good on you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kittykat84 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:49 pm

I've been drinking wine tonight :oops: I just finished my 8 days on at work and decided I deserved a treat!! However, I'm up for a hard gym session tomorrow on my day off so I can justify it. I think that if I denied myself of treats every now and then, I would end up binging etc.

P.S. One of the girls at work said to me "As if you need to lose weight, I would love to weigh 80kg. I would NEVER pick you for a size 16". That made my day!

Katie :mrgreen:
kittykat84

Postby kittykat84 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:09 am

I've been feeling good this week - I went and did body vive and RPM which I sweated up a storm. But last night I had such bad back pain I ended up in hospital on morphine (which I HATE coz it makes me vomit - 5 times last night :( ) And I'm going to have a CT scan today to see what was causing the pain. I'm scared coz I work on a spinal ward and they all look so depressed and in so much pain!!! Will post the results when I get them.

On a lighter note - my flubby belly seems to be reducing!! It no longer hangs over the top of my pants and it feels nice! I was quite excited!

Katie
kittykat84

Postby sassi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 am

katie, good luck with the scan today. sorry to hear about your horrible night last night :(

congrats on the tummy shrinkage :)

take care.
sassi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:09 pm

I hope your back pain is only temporary and clears up quickly. Sorry to hear about your bad reaction to morphine. Throwing up all night isn't fun at all. It's great to hear your tummy is getting smaller. I really hope you feel better soon health-wise.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kittykat84 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Hi everyone,

My CAT scan showed nothing :x so I have to have an MRI in 2 weeks. My back is feeling better though, and the Dr recommended I do some pilates. The gym I go to has pilates classes so off I go tonight!!

I was so happy at my weigh in today - only a loss of 600g but I'm in the 70s!!! 79.4 to be exact. I am so happy, this is the lowest I have weighed in 2 years. only 4.4kgs to go and I get a facial!! then I'm 10kg away from my utlimate goal which is exciting!

I still haven't lost any cms off my arms which is annoying me! But I'll stick to it. I've been doing more free weights at the gym using the barbells for my arms and they feel stronger so hopefully they'll start shrinking soon like the rest of me!
kittykat84

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:03 pm

Sorry to hear they haven't discovered the cause of your pain, Katie. I hope the MRI picks something up or it clears up of its own accord. Good luck!

Good on you for getting into the 70s! 600g is a great amount to lose. Since you should really only lose between 0.5 and 1kg per week that makes it a healthy rate of weight loss. Well done!
EvilWombatQueen

Next

Return to Personal Progress