It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Tam's journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Tam's journey

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Come here often sexy lady ? :twisted: :mrgreen: :wink:

Oh and 3.5kgs ..... Mate ... thats grounds for a jelly wrestle :mrgreen:
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:53 pm

hey Belinda, I am using the biggest loser shakes. Like most shakes, some taste ok, and some are just horrible! They are really good to kickstart as they give fast results and motivate me...I probably stay on them for two weeks, replacing breakfast and lunch, and then after two weeks, cut back to just replacing breakfast. It's really hard to stick with as it's not normal to just have a drink for lunch and sometimes feel as though I haven't eaten...i like to chew after all!! I think the thing you have realise is that they are replacing a meal, and if you do go off them, you need to watch your calorie intake when making a proper meal. You should give it a go, you have nothing to loose – except weight that is!

And fancy seeing you here Goddess....couldn't stand to be away from me huh!! Well lemme loose a few more kg's and I'll take pry that championship belt out of your little jelly-coated hands!! :twisted: BRING IT!!! :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Shalimar » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:37 pm

Go for it Tam and best of luck :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:53 pm

thanks hun...nice to hear from you! Hope you're well. :D
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Shalimar » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:20 am

Hi Tam, yep I'm fine thanks, I hope all is well at your end :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:44 pm

just thought i would do a quick update. This week has been going really well. I have been setting myself little challanges each week such as drink 1.5lts water everyday, eat breakfast everyday....happy to say i have been reaching my goals everyday. This week my challenge was to go the whole week without wearing make-up. Sounds weird, but I figure I need to start liking what i have, and stop using make-up as my security blanket. Wednesday i struggled a little with this, but otherwise, im really starting to like the look of my face without the make-up...in other news, the shakes are still happening, and im noticing slight changes in my clothing. Quite happy overall really and looking forward to weighing in on Saturday. Have a Reiki session with my friend tomorrow, and my sister is coming to give me mary Kay facials so im looking forward to a little bit of a pamper.

Hope you are all having a great week. Love you all and talk again soon

xoxox
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:33 pm

Wow...I could do the 1.5l water a day....I could probably do the breakfast every day (depending how much and what time!) but no make up....that's hard!!

AWESOME challenge though....you go girlfriend!!

xoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby big_love » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:33 pm

so i completed all my mini challenges last week, and also weighed in 1 kg lighter. Im expecting to gain this week as its TTOM, and also, did not have a good weekend...rain = TV + eating....but anyway...one day at a time...My challenge for this week is to compliment one thing about myself each day and really mean it. This seems to be quite difficult, but i'm really trying. This challenge is courtesy of my sister who says i need to find 5 things each day...but im all about baby steps so 1 is enough for now.... :oops:

im sure i'll get there one day...
140/117/85
big_love

Postby big_love » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:02 pm

I'm starting to realise how easy it is to obsess over numbers...i weigh myself in the morning..I'm depressed i look horrible and fat and my day is awful....i weigh myself in the afternoon, i've lost weight, i look thinner and prettier and I'm happy and really feel like I can do this.

How can our image of ourself differ so greatly over a few measly numbers...? But if i don't weigh myself, i loose track and put on weight. I feel like i'm caught in this crazy cycle and I can't see a way out of it...I don't like to think or say it, but i'm kind of becoming resigned to the fact that that maybe this is just how I will be...maybe I can't change it. Why is it so damn hard?

I feel like I just can't be normal. I WANT to be normal, I just don't know how. I wish I could wake up, and not think about what I need to eat today - will myself to stay on track - worry about what people think of me...when does it all end?

Obviously being thin doesn't solve all our problems...being thin doesn't necessarily mean I will be any happier...doesn't mean I will be a better person, or that people will love me more. So why do we care so much? Why do we obsess over it?...

I guess because we are supposed to be worth it. We are worth looking after. We should make time for ourselves to exercise. We should care about our health.

I have dreams...there are so many things I want to do in life and I don't know whether my weight is holding me back, or whether I am holding myself back.

I'm so confused right now. I wish someone could just give me the answers...if someone would just help me...if someone would just listen...

If you are reading this, then I need your help. If you are reading this, leave me a reply, even if it's just to say hi...I want to know if other people feel this way, or if i have mental issues, coz honestly, im doing my own head in.

Tam xxx
140/117/85
big_love

Postby JP1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:31 pm

just stopping in to say hiya Tam, good luck..

JP/ 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:11 pm

Sweetheart, I don't have the answers and I'm not sure I can help but I can promise you 2 things - I care and I'll listen.

You are worth it hun - and you can do it.

How often do you weigh yourself? Rather than do it every day, try doing it once a week - and thats it! Set yourself a day each week, weigh yourself and then give the scales to FH to hide.

How are you going with your challenge this week? If you can get yourself into the habit of telling yourself positive things, it can be such a powerful thing to do.

Can I give you another challenge? Really listen to the way you talk to yourself.....do you ever thing 'you idiot', 'you're fat', 'you can't do it?'....cos I say it to myself all the time. BUT, would you ever speak this way to your friends? Your family? Your fiance? So WHY would you think it and say it to yourself. You need to pick yourself when you say it and STOP it!

I know I probably haven't helped but couldn't not reply.

Big hugs hun...

xoxooxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Gutsy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:24 am

Big_Love, I know how you feel. . . . though I am lucky and have never been really overweight, I too have my "fat" days when I feel awful about myself, that is the main reason why I hate my scale and I have to really force myself to get onto it, else i would probably be in a bad mood most days, so yes, I guess it is a woman thing.
Try not tolet your current weight situation overwhelm you, I know it is easy for me to say, I am not in your situation, but there is only one way out of your situation and that is bit by bit, one baby step at a time. Whenever something is overwhelming me, my husband always ask me, how do you eat an elephant? - one byte at a time, well that counts for everything in life, step by step, you will concur your weight problem and eventually you will make it.
My favorite saying is There is always HOPE! and it is so true. Just remember, you are worth it and at the moment you are on a roll and have already achieved all your February goals! :P that's great! Keep going and believe in yourself, soon all your other dreams will become reality.

Take care
L Gutsy.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 am

thank you JP, Ali and Gutsy

It means the world to me that you guys care, and Im trying to take all advice on board. Im feeling better - more positive today, and thinking I should start a diary, rather than spewing all my thoughts on here and sounding pathetic :oops:

I try and only weigh myself once a week, but getting on each day - its like an addiction!! Maybe that can be my challenge for next week. I will also try and change the way I speak to myself subconciously (thanks Ali. And you are a BIG help. Couldn't do it without you babe!)

Along with complimenting myself this week (today, i relised my hair is getting quite long, and looks really healthy ad shiny at the moment :) ), im trying to get in at least one cup of green tea a day. When I was having my reiki done i was told I have blockages in my stomach, and need to drink green tea, and warm water with lemon juice. The tea I can handle easily, I actually quite enjoy it...the lemon juice, not so much...

Anyway, thank you again guys, i'm off to work now (and to buy a diary me thinks)

Love Tam xxx
140/117/85
big_love

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 am

I also am a chronic daily weigher and I hate it! I never used to be, I used to the do the weekly thing but some how it had progressed into this daily fixation I have.

I recently quit smoking and I swear this daily weigh in habit is even harder to kick!
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!
HappyGirl83

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:24 am

You can do this hun - I really believe that.

Buying a diary is a great idea....it's the one place you can be really, really honest!! It might help you see some trends too...whether it be how you feel around TTOM or how you react to stress, etc.

You can always start a diary on here too....you'll get nothing but support.

Chin up hun!! MWAH!!

xoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress