It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:10 am

Free Newsletter

Ali's mission

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Ali's mission

Postby ali76 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:38 pm

OK, time to write down my mission so other people can hound me and make sure I get there!!

My particulars are:

Heigh - 168cm
Starting Weight - 74.5kg
Current Weight - 72.5kg
Target Weight - 65kg

I have a wedding to go to on the 23rd January and my goal has been to get under the 70kg mark, so 3 kilos in around 3.5 weeks. The process has been long and hard so far with an average weight loss of .5kg - but nothing this week :evil: so unsure if I'll make it, but I'll try my hardest.

My 'normal' diet diary during the week includes:

Breakfast - Uncle Tobys Oats and sometimes a glass of carrot juice (yuck!)
Morning tea - Museli bar
Lunch - wholemeal or multigrain roll or s/w with turkey, kraft free chesse and salad and an apple
Afternoon tea - piece of fruit
Dinner - salad (sometimes with chicken or steak, but mostly on its own)
Snack - icy pole / low fat ice cream /paddle pop.

I go to the gym every night after work (unless something important is on, like my mums birthday tonight!) and do either a 30 or 45 minute circuit and eat fairly healthily during the week.

I guess it's the weekends that let me down...I have the philosophy that if I'm good ALL week, then I'll be 'good' to myself on the weekend. Being good to myself is turning out to be bad (a glass or 2 of wine, some extra carbs, a day off from the gym) so no more of that - at least for the next 3 weeks.

So - for the next 3 weeks I aim to:
Maintain my diet
NO alcohol (even on weekends)
A minimum of 6 gym classes
30 minute walk in the morning before work
100 ab crunches at home before bed
No carbs after 4pm
No eating at all after 8pm
1.5-2L water a day

As a reward - if I get to my goal of under 70kg by 23.2.08, as well as looking fabulous at the wedding, I'm going to indulge myself and go for a massage...yah!!

Fingers crossed :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Re: Ali's mission

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Good luck with all your goals, Ali. I'm sure you'll be under 70kg in no time at all! I think I'll join you on the 'no alcohol' goal. I'm sure that's why my weight hasn't shifted at all in January. Damn alcohol. Why does it have to be so yummy and fun?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:13 pm

Great plan Ali and I'm sure you'll reach your first goal by the time of the wedding.

I should join you and EWQ on the no alcohol challenge - I've been enjoying it a bit too much, too :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Yay! We'll all be thin, sober and miserable together! Huzzah! :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Join me...share in the misery!! Haha!! :lol:

I successfully got through mums birthday dinner last night without the yummy glass of wine Dad kept putting under my nose! Not so successful with the Strawberry Cheesecake though! Oh well, 6 days until my next weigh in to burn it all off...look out gym, here I come! :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby shelbel » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:05 pm

Hi Ali! Welcome to the world of personal progress! LOL

I so know what you mean about the weekends letting you down, im exactly the same, i try to eat less thru the week to give me some leeway on the weekends. (doesnt always work tho! :roll: )

Good luck with your goals and let us know how you go!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby ali76 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:17 am

I'm not impressed at all....

Weighed in today at 73kg.

So, I maintained 72.5 for 2 weeks now I'm up again. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong?! Maybe I need more exercise...??
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:34 am

Is it hot where you are right now? That can make you retain water, as can it being TTOTM. I'm on a plateau at the moment so I know how you're feeling. It's so frustrating!

I know you do a lot of exercise already, but maybe you need to do a different type of exercise for a week or so to shock your body out of its complacency. Perhaps try running or swimming instead of gym work. Or if you feel the need to use the gym concentrate on resistance work rather than cardio or vice versa. Anything to make a change from your normal routine. You could even juggle your diet around. If you've been eating lots of healthy wholegrain carbs maybe decrease the carbs and increase protein for a week. Or even reverse the order of your meals. If you normally have dinner as the biggest meal of the day try switching that to breakfast. Since a plateau is usually as a result of your body adjusting to your diet and seeing it as the permanent 'norm' in your life sometimes changing things about can help you start losing weight again.

How are you going with abstaining from alcohol? Ironically that could have caused an illusory weight gain. One person on the forum (sorry I can't remember who it was so I can't give credit!) said that since alcohol dehydrates you slightly if you weigh-in on the morning after a big night on the booze you'll actually appear to weigh less because you'll be slightly dehydrated. If your normal weigh-in day has always been after a night of drinking then it was your past results that could have been iffy, and this new weight is actually how you should be when fully hydrated.

Have you spoken to your trainers at the gym about it? They might have some good advice to start you losing again.

Hang in there! I know you can do it.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:58 am

Thank you so much EWQ....everyone here seems to have a motivator and I think you're mine! :D

I think your advice is spot on. During the week, while I try to be strict with myself, my routine is pretty much the same Mon-Fri. I eat the same and I exercise the same...you're right - time to shake things up a bit. At least now I'm in the right state of mind with healthy eating and exercising, I know I can change my routine and not fall off the wagon!

I've not been too bad with the staying away from alcohol, but I think you might be right. I didn't eat dinner on Friday night (I know, I know!!) but went from work to the gym then to the pub and had 4 wines...ooppss!!

I always think about talking to my instructors at the gym, but can't afford PT sessions and worry they won't want to give 'free' advice. I think I might get over that and ask anyway - they can only say no! And if you don't ask - you don't get!

So anyway, some good news. I weighed myself this morning and I'm finally down from the 72.5 (and the 73 from yesterday morning) and I'm at 72. I got this result yesterday afternoon and again this morning so I'm sticking to it!! :lol: I'll just wait and see for next week!

Thank you again so much for your motivation and advice!

MWAH! xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:25 am

No worries, Ali! Us Alis need to stick together after all. :wink:

Glad to hear your plateau seems to be at an end. Hopefully it'll be plain sailing from now on! I weighed myself this morning and mine hasn't shifted yet. Urghh. I've only just starting using weights at the gym, though, so it might take a week or so to see any difference.

Good luck and I look forward to hearing how your new routine is treating you next week!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:48 am

So, I set my alarm to get up earlier this morning and go for a 3km walk / run, but damn that snooze button!! :oops:

I have 2 weeks on Saturday until the wedding and 2.5 kg to lose to be under 70kgs....when I've lost, it's been an average of half a kg a week so although it might not be doable, I'm going to bust my butt trying!

Like EWQ suggested, I'm going to shake things up a bit. Not sure how I'll change my food around yet - I know I need to increase fibre and cut carbs but will think about that more on the weekend, but my exercise is going to go like this -

EVERY MORNING
3km walk

EVERY NIGHT
100 Ab crunches

Monday - circuit (30 mins) then Aqua (45 mins)
Tuesday - cicuit (30 mins)
Wednesday - circuit (30 mins) then Aqua (45 mins)
Thursday - Step Aerobics (45 mins)
Friday - Circuit (30 mins)
Saturday - Aerobics (45 mins)
Sunday - Circuit (45 mins)

So - not changing a lot after looking at it in writing!! Just adding 2 x aqua classes and changing 2 circuits for step and aerobics (an extra 2 1/4 hours at the gym plus 3.5hrs walking a week and 700 crunches...)!!

Still no alcohol until the wedding (I'll be drunk after 2 drinks!).

Wish me luck!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby big_love » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 am

Wow Ali way to step it up...you'll loose those "wedding kilo's" in no time at all! Well done on your loss already!
140/117/85
big_love

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:58 am

Thanks Tam :)

And well done to you too...you're so inspiring - 4kg in 4 weeks and in such a healthy way!! I need to be taking tips from you I think!

I've been thinking about my diet and come up with this -

breakfast
normally Uncle Tobys Oat flakes with milk and a glass of carrot juice (gross!)
interchange with:
strawberries and yoghurt
toast with ham, cheese and tomato (no marg)

Lunch
normally a double cut roll with ham and / or turkey with salad
interchange with:
sushi (YUM!)
Pasta salad
Green Salad

Dinner
Normally salad
interchange with steak / chicken with veg

Snacks
Normally fruit and a museli bar
maybe swap for carrot / celery / cucumber sticks with hummus

Its not that I'm a boring eater - I'm just lazy and find it too easy to get into a set routine!

NO ICE CREAM AFTER DINNER AND 2 LITRES OF WATER A DAY!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:20 am

Those changes sound great, Ali. I hope they really work for you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby emmaline » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:02 pm

I'm exactly the same.
I'm SO good during the week, and then come Friday night... I just go a bit crazy.
Think I'll have to watch that because my weigh in wasn't so good this morning...

Congrats on your awesome loss!
I definitely think that if you weighed 72 last night and this morning, you're 72.
You'll be under 70 in no time!
emmaline

Next

Return to Personal Progress