It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Ali's mission

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Ali's mission

Postby ali76 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:35 am

Tarz, I think I'll order in the next few weeks. I'm going for either ivory or dark ivory....I'm not going to bother with samples. I would if I was getting BMs dresses or if my dress was going to be a colour (if you know what i mean!!) I would but i dont think you can go too far wrong!! It's not like it needs to match with anything else!

Have you seen the bck of the dress?? I've been in contact with the store and they've sent me more pics if you want to see them??

What colour are you looking at?

When are you getting married? I could wear it then send it to you!!! :lol: :P :wink:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby ali76 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:54 pm

OK, so I'm putting all my energy into this wedding stuff and losing perspective on losing weight!

I weighed in today at 68.6 - which considering it's TTOM I'm ok with. I've got to have a little cry though....I HATE BEING A GIRL!!! I'm moody, my stomache is in knots, I feel oozy....it's just revolting. It hurts :cry:

Anyway, I've now set a date where I need to be at goal....Friday 4.9.09. I WILL be at 64 kilos on that date. 4.5 kilos....let's go!

Portion control, calorie in take, exercise, water, fruit, veg....I KNOW what I have to do.....just bloody do it!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:00 pm

You can do it, Ali! I'm sure you'll get to goal well before then. :D

Sorry to hear you're a bit PMTish. I hope it passes soon for you and you start feeling better.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:26 am

ali76 wrote:Tarz, I think I'll order in the next few weeks. I'm going for either ivory or dark ivory....I'm not going to bother with samples. I would if I was getting BMs dresses or if my dress was going to be a colour (if you know what i mean!!) I would but i dont think you can go too far wrong!! It's not like it needs to match with anything else!

Have you seen the bck of the dress?? I've been in contact with the store and they've sent me more pics if you want to see them??

What colour are you looking at?

When are you getting married? I could wear it then send it to you!!! :lol: :P :wink:

I think ivory or dark ivory sounds like a good choice, something about white dresses isn't quite right to me, I love the champagne colour but i haven't tried any yet so don't know what i'd get.
I think i have seen the back of the dress, but then again i have looked at so many dresses that i may be picturing a back that i would like.... I'd love to see more pics or do they have them on the landy bridal website?
I am getting married in March 20 2010, so 6 months after you.
I am a fair bit taller then you so somehow i think if you sent me your dress it would be a bit short on me and i have to have a dress that touches the floor because i want to wear ballet flats.

ali76 wrote:OK, so I'm putting all my energy into this wedding stuff and losing perspective on losing weight!

I weighed in today at 68.6 - which considering it's TTOM I'm ok with. I've got to have a little cry though....I HATE BEING A GIRL!!! I'm moody, my stomache is in knots, I feel oozy....it's just revolting. It hurts :cry:

Anyway, I've now set a date where I need to be at goal....Friday 4.9.09. I WILL be at 64 kilos on that date. 4.5 kilos....let's go!

Portion control, calorie in take, exercise, water, fruit, veg....I KNOW what I have to do.....just bloody do it!

You won't lose perspective! The first month i was engaged i hadn't even thought about how i was eating and looking etc, it wasn't until i realised i would get to wear an amazing dress and everyone will be looking at me that i realised, i don't like looking at me!!!!
I'm sure you will be at goal before then, the motivation your going to have will make sure of it.

You know the good thing about being a girl, you can complain and have a cry about feeling crap, where as a guy if he does he would get told to suck it up and and stop being a baby. There are some good advantages to being a girl :wink:
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:47 pm

Tarz, PM me your email address and I'll email you ore pics of the dress. It has a lace up back which surprised me - but I love it!

OK, I'm not trying to be silly here - and I'm the first one to tell people to take credit for their accomplishments, but are clothes sizes getting bigger??? I met my mum today for a girlie day before I start my new job tomorrow. I was a bit early so I went looking for some new summer clothes since a lot of mine ae too big. I found a really lovely shirt dress at Portmans, grabbed a size 12 (thinking I'm pretty safely a 12 now) and when the sales lady came to check on me she gave me a funny look....I just assumed the dress looked awful (I actually thought it looked ok). She asked me what size it was and when I said 12 she asked if I'd tried the 10 as it had heaps of room. I kind of laughed her off and said I wasn't a 10 but she asked me to humour her and try it.

Anyhoo....moral of the story is the 10 fit and thats what I bought...

I also tried on a size 10 wedding dress and it fell off....the 10 fit....i bought a pair of esprit 3/4 jeans in a size 10 a few weeks ago but I'm really NOT A SIZE 10?? Are sizes getting bigger??? I'm still 68.4 kilos, it's TTOM, I'm seriously not size 10!!!! :?
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:59 pm

OK, so I just put on my netball uniform (lycra :shock: ) for my game tonight....trust me, no size 10 here!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Tarz » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:05 am

If you feel like a bit of reading on decoding dress sizes then have a read of this http://www.unaustralia.com/electronicpdf/Unkennedy.pdf I couldn't be bothered reading it all but goes on about how sizes change, what measurements use to be and what they are supposed to be now.
Don't stress about which size you are, just be happy when you get to wear/buy the smaller size. Your size will change depending on what shop you go into so there is no point getting obsessed abouut a certain size. I'd love to be able to say i'm a size 12 pants but thats only true in target in portmans i'm a 14 and sports girl only just a 14. Maybe instead of taking credit for a size that your not sure is right, take credit for the fact that you made a dress look really good on you through your hard work.
How did your netball game go? Does playing in lycra actually make any difference?

I'll pm you my email.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Did you have your first day at the new job? How'd it go?
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:20 pm

Thats great about the size 10's, JUST BELIEVE IT i say and lap it up...you've worked hard and can now reap the rewards. YOU GO GIRL!!! :D
Sussy

Postby ali76 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:53 am

Tarz, Lycra = YUCK!! hahaa!

Actually it's very, very comfortable to wear :o

New job is going to be very stressful and full on. Deadline for print EVERY Thursday....eeekk...! Fridays are reasonably cruisey and around 4.30 we crack the wine, beer, chips, cheese, etc (I'm going to have to be VERY disciplined). It's very organised and professional - and so far I LOVE IT!! I feel so much more comfortable...weird?!?!?

The weight loss thing has been non-existant lately....my eating has been soooo bad! It's been hard to get into a routine so it's been convenience food....Wednesday chicken and chips, Thursday chicken schnitzel and Friday pizza....WTF!!!! I went shopping yesterday and bought lots of stuff so I can take it out the freezer in the morning and get D to chuck it in the oven so it's ready for me to do the veggies when i get home. I'm going to try this this week:

Breakfast - Opti slim
MT - Apple
Lunch - salad with chicken or s/w on multi grain bread
AT - Banana
Dinner - chicken breast / steak / or the similar with veggies
Dessert - low fat ice cream s/w (under 100 calories!!)

Snack - just in case - almonds, carrot, celery and cucumber sticks.

Exercise has been non existant as well...I'm supposed to do bootcamp on Mon & Wed nights from 6 but I dont get out of the office in time!!! AND I've been sooo tired from trying to take everything in.

I'm not going to beat myself up about it though....I'll give myself a break until I'm in a routine...

Anyhoo....thats me!! Hope everyone's happy and well!!

xoxoxoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:53 pm

Sounds like your new job is great, Ali. I'm sure you'll get into a routine soon enough. I'm glad the dress is comfy too!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Wait, were you talking about the dress being comfy or your netball uniform? I'm confused now. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Starting a new job aint easy so take your time to get into that routine before you stress to much about the exercise. Eventually you will settle in and maybe able to go for a morning walk.
Plan your meals, put something in a crock pot if you have one- that way dinner is ready when you get home and you dont have to do anything or rely on others.
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby ali76 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:37 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Wait, were you talking about the dress being comfy or your netball uniform? I'm confused now. :lol:

Haha...my netball uniform is comfy! Very easy to move in :P

Thats a great idea about the crock pot mumnbub....good thinking 99!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:26 am

Hhhmm...its been a while since I've been in here!! Anyone remember me?!

I've completely lost it at the moment - and I feel like [email protected] for it too! I'm eating really badly (chocolate, chips, biscuits, carbs at night, bad stuff for lunch), not exercising (netball is on a break for Christmas / New Year and I can't get to bootcamp in time with my new job) - for some reason I've not even been taking my vitamins???? The only thing I seem to be doing well is drinking water and staying away from alcohol.

I feel yuck, I'm bloated, tired....augh...

Anyway, I've joined a 2nd gym ($165 for a YEAR!!!) since I can't get to bootcamp with my new job / hours. The gym is in the city - about 5 minutes from work and they have a class at 7.15-8 Mon, Wed and Fri so I'm going to do those. Then with netball on a Tuesday night and hopefully using my other gym (which is close to home) on the weekend I WILL get to my goal by 4.9.09....God, I have to!!

I sent my measurements away to get my wedding dress made - and I WANT to have to have it taken in before the big day!

As yuck as I feel, I'm also pretty motivated for 2009....so look out! :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress