It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Jess's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Jess's progress

Postby Jess » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:30 pm

I was weighed at the doctors last week and I found out that I am now up to 103.7kg.
This is the heaviest i've ever been. Im disappointed that I let it get to this so i've decided to do something about it!
I've decided that im going to:
.Stop drinking sugary drinks
.Use the treadmill once a day and increase the amount of mins each day by + 1
.Increase the amount of fruit and veg i eat each day
.Indulge less often.
I've never dieted or even excercised before but im fairly motivated, im hoping with your support i can get down to around 80kg by october.
(in time for our trip to japan!!! :D )
please dont hesitate to share any tips, advice or stories with me!!!
- jess
Jess

Re: Jess's progress

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:35 pm

You've got a great plan going so far Jess! I like the fact that you're concentrating on positives by adding healthy elements rather than just trying to control 'bad' things. Adding more fruit and veg is terrific. Not only does it mean less room for higher calorie foods, but soon you'll find yourself craving salad the same way you may have craved chips in the past (I know this worked for me at least!) And increasing your treadmill time by a minute a day is a really good way to slowly build up your exercise. Good on you! Good luck with your weight loss journey. I'm sure you'll get there. :)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jess » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Thanks!!!
I dont think i could have commited if I hadnt found this forum... its just what i needed!
Hooray
Jess

Postby senoritanita » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:05 pm

hi jess,

I was in exactly the same position as you a couple of months ago - 105kg which scared the hell out of me. I've been doing sure slim & lost 26kgs so far, but I think your plan sounds really sensible & manageable & i'm sure you'll be down to 80 well before October. Best of luck! :)
26.1 kgs lost... 23kgs to go (and counting!)
start date 13/09/07
senoritanita

Postby Beetle » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:26 pm

Hey Jess,
Sounds like you've got a great plan there and this forum is fantastic for keeping on track.
Beetle
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woR3SP2/]
[/url]
Beetle

Postby Tarz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi Jess,

Great plan, it's one you can use to help maintain your weight when you do lose all those kilos. You'll be down to 80 well before October as long as you stay motivated. Good luck, hope you find it a great life change.
Tarz

Postby shelbel » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Jess, good on you for deciding to change your life! Small stpes are definatly the way to go, if you change too much too soon it becomes too much of a shock and your more likely to chuck it in.

Dont be a stranger, let us know how your doing, even if you have a few stumbles on the road to a hot bod, we're all here to give and receive support, so jump in where ever you feel comfy :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Jess » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:21 am

Ok well, today was the healthiest day i've had in ages (minus the frozen coke at the cinema BUT i didnt get a large one so i figure thats pretty rad).
I did the treadmill thing first thing this morning, made my self a sarnie with ham and salad and had some grapes (sweet stuff is my weakness).
I made a delish stir fry with carrots and peas and corn and broccolini for dinner and after the movie i had a few bites of icecream and a carrot as a snack.
B/f offered me chocolate and i even had the will power to say no. Im a chocoholic from way back. It wasnt as hard as i expected and i didnt actually feel like I was missing out.

Im super super hungry now but i usually eat like a pig and can out eat most of our male friends(which is more than a healthy appetite, its gross really).
However im hoping that feeling hungry will be good for me for a little while because its around this time that i go ont he prowl for munchies.
I'm feeling really good and really motivated and happy that i have made a choice to do something positive for myself.
Even if I dont lose heaps of weight its nice that my head is slightly clearer than usual and im experiencing a more positive slant. we dont own scales, so im doing it to see the improvement and results in myself, not in the scales.
Also the b/f is super pleased and said he's well proud, which makes me happy, he's super encouraging.
That's about all for today.
Hope all is well.
-jess
Jess

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:40 am

Good on you, Jess! Saying no to a favourite treat is a huge thing. And it's great that you didn't feel like you were missing anything. It shows you're developing a new attitude towards food. Yay you!

I'm glad your boyfriend is being supportive. And I think it's terrific that you're finding positive reasons to change your lifestyle regardless of weight loss. Well done! Good luck with adjusting to your hunger signals. Just don't let yourself get too hungry! Even if you're eating healthy food portion control can go out the window once you allow yourself to get to a completely famished stage.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sassi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:00 am

sounds like you had a pretty good day one jess! :D

how did you go beating the munchies?
sassi

Postby Jess » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:22 pm

Sorry i didnt mean for that to sound sooooo uppity.. I just knwo that once we get scales im going to be obscessed with weighing myself so im trying to avoid that entire step (for now at least).
I avoided the munchies last night which im pretty pleased about. Hooray!
I love fruit and vegies i tend to just be so tired all the time that i opt for take out + I work at a supermarket so the easy foods are right there.. chips, chocolate, instant noodles etc etc... so im going to try to combat that with a frozen weight watchers meal and some fruit for the sugar fix.
I managed soemthing similar last week at work which wasnt tooo bad.

my biggest weakness is chocolate for breakfast and damn am i finding it hard right now not indulging in that but we're going healthy FTW! so hopefully it will all pay off.
Oh im going to the movies again tonight and we'll prolly end up having some sort of fast food for dinner, I think i'll go subway (although in all truthfulness i completely detest subway).
Jess

Postby Tarz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:27 pm

Jess wrote:I think i'll go subway (although in all truthfulness i completely detest subway).

I used to hate Subway to but i put it down to a bad expeiance ( i got a sandwich at the airport and the lady put olives on which i hate but to make it worst she didn't drain them frist so it was a horrible soggy mess)
I have now become a fan of it. i love to have the roast chicken sub with the bread toasted no cheese i think all the salad and extra pickles (i'm one of those freaks that love pickles) and a small amount of mayo jst to moisten it. i love it. and now i am really hungry and keep thinking about it!
Tarz

Postby Jess » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Im not a huge fan of meat so the only real fast food i eat is KFC ugh just thinking about it makes me want to be sick.
Subway isnt that bad i just hate how there is no bread to the bread, its mostly air.... also i hate hate hate pickles :P
what do you guys do when you are having a massive craving for something... anything junkie.. I know that it will stop eventually if i dont eat anything gross
but its hard to ignore it right now....
Jess

Postby sassi » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:48 pm

i didn't think you sounded uppity jess!

i have a love/hate relationship with subway - i do really enjoy some things but i think it's a lot of calories for not always a lot of substance. and i think it's kinda expensive as well. i know what you mean about the bread - it's not really substantial. i really like the roasted chicken, chicken fillet & chicken teriyaki but i do find that i get hungry reasonably soon after i eat a 6inch sub.

i have awful willpower - i give in to temptation way too often. but different people have different strategies though - for some people they give themselves a time limit - i.e. on this day you can have that treat or, if you wait an hour and still want it, then have it. other people get a smaller serve/size of whatever it is they want (i.e. a fun size chocolate instead of eating a big block).

also maybe if you eat more breakfast (as an example) you won't have such strong cravings during the day?
sassi

Postby Jess » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:52 pm

havent got that far yet... but yea i get what you mean. usually i start the day with some kind of sweet naughtyness.
i figured that would be the hardest thing to cut out as well as snacking after dinner.
Im not sure what to have for breakfast yet. But im sure once i sort that out i most likely wont feel the need for anything else.
Jess

Next

Return to Personal Progress