It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 am

Free Newsletter

Jess's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Jess's progress

Postby Jess » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:42 pm

ok well i didnt have lunch today i ahd a couple of nectarines for b/fast
and for dinner i am having annsley harriots couscous and im adding (oh dear i know) frozen vegies and a dry fried chicken breast and egg and some kidney beans
I dont think how healthy this is but im not going to use any oil to cook it, i think the worst part is prolly the frozen vegies...
Jess

Postby milkyway » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Frozen veggies are fine, Jess :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Jess » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:28 pm

oh good...thanks for that milkyway :)

i didnt have chicken just beans and veggies and an egg... usually i put butter in the couscous..but because its flavoured i dont really need it.
its actually really yum
Jess

Postby kittykat84 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:22 am

Well done on the 21 minutes that's great!!! I always eat frozen veggies - my nutritionist says they're just as good as fresh ones!!! It's just easier to cook em hey!! I have fresh veggies in my salads and you can taste the difference but I don't mind!!!!

You're doing great jess, keep it up~
kittykat84

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:25 pm

Frozen veggies are so much more convenient than fresh ones sometimes! I use them a lot in soups and stews.

My mum taught me the best way to make couscous so that it's light, fluffy and doesn't need any margarine or butter. Put the couscous in a large bowl and cover with boiling water so that there's about 1cm of water over the top of the couscous. Cover it with a folded tea-towel and leave for five minutes. Fluff with a fork and it's ready to go! Using a tea-towel means some of the steam can still escape so it's not as soggy as it is when you use glad-wrap or aluminium foil. I usually add herbs and spices before adding the boiling water to flavour the couscous as well.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Jess » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:20 pm

yea thats how i have been making it so far EWQ.
man i am sooo pooped i just worked 10am -7pm i had a nectarine for breakfast and then had the left over couscous and added some chicken it was ok.
i am not going to end up doing treadmill today my feet and legs are sooo sore.
BUT i have noticed that i seem to have more stamina at work... usually i am yawning and really slow and tired..... but i was ok today.. so soemthing is happening i think.
hooray.
hope all is well
-jess
Jess

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:00 pm

Hi Jess - I wrote you a bit long PM last night but it won't send - I keep getting an error message. I tried again today and same stoopid message. I saved it on my computer so it's still there. If you PM me your email address, I'll send it there. :)

Cheers,
San
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Jess » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:51 pm

im so tempted to eat bad food all the time.. i see it at work and think i'll have one of them... or 20.. so far i havent actually bought anything from down the chocolate isle so i think thats a plus... but i could go some biscuits and icecreams and some chips and of course some chocolate.
its not even that im hungry either.. its just that i want it.... the headaches seem to have slowed down a bit at this point as i dont seem to have one today..
hooray first time since saturday/sunday.
im so tired all the time now tho... like really really tired im lucky if i get up before 12pm.. usually i only get up if i have to work.
today im doing the close shift. how excitement.. its 4pm-9pm not really exciting at all and it means that i will be having a late dinner.
I think i'll just have a sandwich.
i used to have a really bad habit if i was working late and wouldnt get a break i used to eat for like and hour until i was stuffed so that i wouldnt get hungry later.. which i inevitably would anyway. its sort of hard to break that habit now even.
so today i had 1 snack right biscuit, and some of the chicken strips we had left over from dinner last nite.
(chicken strips being: chicken coated in seasoning mix and then shallow fried in canola oil.) I think they are probably fairly bad.
but they are damn tasty and noway near as scary or super oily as KFC.
prolly will end up eating a nectarine and maybe an apple for my break at work.
Food is such a funny thing really isnt it.
Im trying to adopt the attitude that its more for fuel than enjoyment... its hard.. i really really really really really love food.. mostly just the bad kind tho. :S
hope all is well.
-jess
Jess

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey Jess I hear ya eating to fuel your body instead of eating because its yummy and enjoyable is extremely hard , but its doable :) Hope you feel better soon Take Care.
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby big_love » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 pm

hey jess how you doin?....I see your havin a bit of a struggle, but you can do this JESS!!!! Dont give up gurl...ill give you a swift kick if you need it :wink: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Jess » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:48 am

didnt do too bad today but i had chips for dinner. we were out.. so it was a choice between chips or mcdonalds. also i had one drink. oh well.
I dont drink very often (only my second this year) and i dont think the junk it as bad.. i couldnt eat all of them anyway.. i see to be eating smaller portions.
+ i havent done any treadmill since last time... oh well.. new day tomorrow.. :)
hope all is well.
-jess
Jess

Postby GoddessInside » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:13 am

Hey Jess !

Sorry havent been on for a bit, just catching up on posts. Don't worry about this trough that you're in, the only way is up. I also wouldnt worry about the chips etc that you've consumed, in the end, this is a lifestyle change, and it's paramount the you recognise the changes you are making and acknowledging that there will be days where u just cant avoid eating "bad" foods or having a drink. We are after all human :)

Keep going hun, perservere through and you will reap the rewards :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Jess » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:52 pm

damn ewan mcgregor is hot in moulin rouge its a sad sad movie... nicole is v.pretty.
I cant be bothered with anything at the moment. I think im just in a trough im hoping that i will get out of it soon tho... its wet and somewhat cold and slushy in here :P
i had a turkey club sammich for lunch, avoided most of the bad food at marion this arvo but ended up eating some biscuits from the cookie man...
I still havent done treadmill... God... will the cbfness ever go away?
i just want this to happen over night
i saw some photos that people took of me last night and it was horrible... it makes me feel really crap and just want to eat... cept i am trying not to...
aaaaaaaargh!
having stir fry for dinner.
yum yum
hope all is well.
thanks again guys
-jess
Jess

Postby Jess » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:20 pm

ok well i did 15 mins and i feel much improved.
hooray!
monsters inc is on tv.. i think its a rad movie.
hooray
Jess

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:43 pm

Hey Jess good for you for pulling through and doing some exercise we all have crap days matey but it takes loads of motivation to get up and do something when your feeling like that so I recon you deserve a huge Congrats for pushing yourself :) Im glad your feeling better too :)

Hugs
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress