It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Jess's progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Jess's progress

Postby Jess » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:00 am

thanks tam.

I ended up not having stir fry for dinner... i had some crisps and a piece of bread and some more biscuits.
I did another 15 mins of treadmill.
I feel better but quite stupid.. i was eating to make myself feel better, never a good thing.
hopefully this week will be better its work tomorrow and then we are having stir fry for dinner... actually this time and i am going to try to do at least 10 mins a day of treadmill, i find that once i start i rarely want to stop at 10 or 15.. i want to smash my previous amount of time.
oh well...
i will be super shocked if there is ANY loss at all.
i cant weigh myself until wednesday next week anyway so i wont know til later on.
hope all is well.
-jess
Jess

Postby chubba momma » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:32 pm

Good luck on your journey. And well done on trying to beat your previous time each time on the treadmill, thats an awesome set of mind to be in. You will do great!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Jess » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:36 am

i figured out what the problem is... its the tireder(is that a word) i get.. the less inclined i am to eat healthy as i just want something that is a quick pick me up....i dont think i will have a loss at all this week.
im hoping that things will be slightly more under control next week, but the way things are going .. its likely to be worse.
i hope that all is well.
take care
-jess
Jess

Postby Jess » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:28 pm

well as you can probably guess the reason i havent posted is because i have been doing quite bad things.
i weighed myself today and i am now + exactly 1kg.
so i think that i am officially back to healthy again.
I walked from the shop to my house which was 15 or so mins so im kinda happy about that.
hope all is well
-jess
Jess

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:32 pm

There's nothing wrong with falling down provided you pick yourself back up again, Jess. It's great that you've identified tiredness as a contributing factor to bad eating habits. Is there any way you can plan against this in future? Maybe cook up a big healthy meal and freeze portions for those nights when you can't be bothered cooking? Or making sure you have healthy snacks in the house to keep you going until you feel like cooking dinner? Maybe just a stockpile of a few Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers meals in the freezer can help you with this.

It's great you're getting back into the exercise. Enjoy your walk and good luck with your weight loss. I'm sure you'll get right back in there and lose that kilo before you know it!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby big_love » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:34 pm

come on Jess you can do it!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: woooooooooooo :shock: too much? :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Jess » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:49 pm

thanks tam and EWQ!!!
awesome smilies you got there tam!
Jess

Postby Jess » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:43 pm

i made a smoothie today and its kept me pretty much full for the whole day... it was super yum.
i also did 10 mins of treamill as well.
+ we just spent the last 2 hours walking around the shops if that counts (which it prob doesnt)
oh well not really much else to report, stocked up on healthy foods, and lo and behold our shopping bill is 20% less than what it was when we were eating unheathily.
thats a bonus.
we still got a few treats and b/f got some chips for when people come over and we got ice creams to share but thats about it.
hope all is well
-jess
Jess

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:47 am

That's brilliant Jess! You've really jumped right back into a healthy lifestyle, haven't you? It's so good that you actually saved money by buying healthy food as well. Good on you!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:54 am

I love that the shopping bill goes down. The majority of my weekly shops is veg and meat so we don't spend alot of time in the actual supermarket either. We can buy chips and icecreams for when people come over. I haven't got very good will power, actualy i have very week will power and if its there i can't stop myself from going to it. Easier for me to walk past it completely at the supermarket. H2B isn't to happy about that he misses out :lol:
And 2 hours walking around the shops does count because it is extra exercise you would not have done otherwise.
Tarz

Postby Jess » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:22 pm

well i think i can officially say at this point it has gone to hell in a hand basket.
What do you guys do when you go out or when you're at someones house?
Do you have a set selection of meals that you eat thru the week?
Please please please send some tips my way?
hope all is well.
-jess
Jess

Postby ali76 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Oh Jess....don't give up!
Normally if I go to someones house, I'll take something with me (I always have anyway!). I'll take a salad if we're having a BBQ or if it's just for drinks I'll take a bottle of diet coke and a platter of low fat dip, celery, carrot and cucumber sticks or something like that.
For dinners at night, I normally have a salad if it's hot and just add something simple like a chicken breast of heart smart steak cooked on my George Foreman grill. If it's cold, I'll do the meat with 3 or 4 different steamed veggies (the microwave steam ones if I'm really lazy!).
My only other secrets are to try and exercise in the morning, 2L of water a day, no carbs after 4 and no eating after 8...and I try to get to the gym every night after work...
Keep going Jess - you can do this!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Jess don't get disheartened.

If you are going to someones place or going shopping eat before you go! That way you aren't tempted to dig into the food. All logic goes out the window when your hungry. Also eat before doing grocery shopping, it helps you to walk past what you don't need.
The selection of meals i eat during the week consist of a lot of vegies, i love them. If you want something easy grill some chicken and boil or steam some carrot, brocolli and pumpkin.
Or for something else thats easy cut into cubes potato, pumpking, sweet potato, carrot, cauliflower and pumpking and cook it in a fry pan on the stove, cook up small diced chicken, throw it together and add a little sweet chilli sauce, its yummy.
Eat off a smaller plates. i find my eyes a way bigger then my stomach so i load up my plate and make sure i eat it till its all gone and never stopped at full. Smaller bowl will make you think your eating more and slow you down a bit. Try to keep bad foods away from the house so your not tempted.
Last tip i can give is frind a sport or exercise you love to do so it doesn't feel like your forcing yourself.

I hope you can keep going Jess. You can't let yourself fall off the wagon (or go to hell in a handbasket)
I know you can do great at it.
Tarz

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:48 pm

Wonderful ideas there :) I know You'll be fine Jess :)

Take Care
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby Jess » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:23 pm

im back........... I wonder how long this will go on for...
I practically binged all last week and now i am feeling kinda censored.
didnt do any treadmill at all... its been sooooooo hot and uni just started im tying to get into a routine and finding it quite difficult.
I find that as i have said before i just grab the closest thing i can to eat because its easy.
im going to try the idea of making up food and freezing it that way its ready to go and i dont need to resort to junk
hope this finds you all well.
-jess
Jess

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress