It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:42 am

Free Newsletter

Carlos' journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Carlos' journey

Postby Michael1330 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:15 pm

Nice work Carlos. If you've done it before you sure as hell can do it again!! Keep up the awesome work mate
Starting weight = 142kgs
Current weight = 129kgs
Goal weight = 90kgs

COME AT ME WEIGHTLOSS
Michael1330

Postby Carlos » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:15 pm

116.5 as of this morning :)

Getting there! No slip ups at all, as of yet.

Have set a short term goal of 110kg by the end of October! Wish me luck.
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=13874&p=145759#p145759

Start: 135kg
Current: 85kg
Goal: 75kg
Carlos

Postby admin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:39 am

Good weather coming on, exercise should get you to the 110kg.......I don't think you need us to wish you luck as you have it all in hand.
Let us know how you go, focus and determination is the key.

Wishing you luck anyway.

Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Carlos » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 pm

I've slowed up a bit in the last month, but still down to 112.0kg without really trying much.

If I can get to around 105kg by years end I'll be satisfied. By the end of Summer I will be under 95kg, then work hard through the winter and I'll have my goal body by around the start of Spring.

Carlos

Postby Carlos » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanks for the kind words too guys.

Carlos

Postby BecMac259 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:59 pm

What a great read! Keep going, you will get there :D
Bec
Gone forever: 2.2kg
1st goal: reach 100kg & be a size 18
BecMac259

Postby Carlos » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:09 pm

2 years since my last post on here. Had forgotten about the website! haha

Just writing to let people who may have followed this thread in the past know that I'm still plugging away and am on track to be ~80kg by October. Weight loss is such a hard thing to keep on top of with so much nice food around, but if you persist you will eventually come out the winner. Just don't let the negative thoughts creep in, that's when it goes pear shaped (no pun intended!)

Carlos

Postby DD Diva » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:28 pm

Carlos wrote:2 years since my last post on here. Had forgotten about the website! haha

Just writing to let people who may have followed this thread in the past know that I'm still plugging away and am on track to be ~80kg by October. Weight loss is such a hard thing to keep on top of with so much nice food around, but if you persist you will eventually come out the winner. Just don't let the negative thoughts creep in, that's when it goes pear shaped (no pun intended!)

Hey Carlos,

Congrats, welcome back, and well done on plodding along!! I'm sure you'll make it to goal, sometimes it seems so far away, but if you keep "at it" as they say, sooner or later, you will get there (and besides, nothing wrong with doing it at a comfortable pace, after all....sure and steady wins the race!!) :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Cackleberry » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Well done :)
Karen

SW 79.1kg
CW 77.0kg
Short Term GW 69kg (10kg loss)
GW 58kg

Cackleberry

Postby Carlos » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:50 am

Thanks guys.

I started this thread when I was 20... and I'm turning 27 soon so it's probably do or die now (not literally, of course!). Don't want to waste too many more of my "young" years being unhappy with my body. Time to show some true will power

Carlos

Postby Blitz » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 am

Welcome back to the Forum Carlos. :D
I've just read your entire thread...and found it very interesting reading.

I related to your posting that you had started this serious journey on a 1st of January and in your first week lost 2.5kg...which is the date and loss that I did too.

Very interested to read that you reached goal and regained it all after 2 years. Why do you think that you ended up failing to stay the course after 2 years?

Very glad to read that you are now back on track and getting to the serious pointy end. What is your current weight? What is your current eating and exercise regime look like now?
Now that you are approaching success...what new things have you learnt or plan to put in place to make keeping the weight off forever possible?

Congratulations for keeping at it and fighting on!
Please stay on the Forum, keep yourself accountable and find encouragement on your journey to a better future! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby Carlos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Hey guys, just a quick update.

Have been doing very well throughout 2015. Have been doing a lot of exercise everyday and haven't slipped up with my eating at all in 3 months.

Have been beating my personal best almost every time I go for a run, taking my dog for a 5km walk every morning, weight training in my garage every night along with cross trainer, boxing bag, rower, p90x, etc.

The last month has been probably my most intense month of exercise ever and it's shown on the scales. 11 kilos lost on the scales and 2 jean sizes. So, as long as I remain consistent, and I know I will (since the exercise has become a habit now - that's the key really) I should hit my short term goal of 85kg by November

It's such a tough slog, and I'm not talking physically. The physical component is the easiest part. It's almost torturing mentally to work so hard and then look in the mirror, knowing you have so long to go. But still, there are still a lot of ways to cope with that.

There are a few quotes I repeat to myself to not let myself give up:

The fact that there is a day in my future that I will no longer be able to walk. It's a day that is coming for all of us. So get off your ass and go censored run or lift something heavy off the ground, because I guarantee you that there is someone out there right now just wishing they had breathed in every last second of when they had been active, and wondering how anyone could actually choose not to do the same.

--

"When was the last time you regretted working out?" (answer: NEVER)

"When have you regretted not working out?" (answer: ALWAYS)

--

The lifestyle we enjoy today is Directly related to the Actions taken 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 years ago...the time is going to pass anyway and you are going to work hard anyway (usually at building someone else's dreams) so why not find a few hours per week or more working hard on something that will change your life

--

And these 2 are my favourite and are the main ones that keep me going and help me stay upbeat. I wrote these myself and I write them in a book every morning (among some other things), over and over, as mantras:

Tomorrow I will look better than I did yesterday. Daily improvement in minuscule increments makes for a massive transformation when I look back

--

Bad habits are as perennial as the weeds that grow in our backyards. Cutting them occasionally will not stop them from growing - they must be poisoned.

I think of that line every time I think of doing something I shouldn't do. Can be interpreted in a few different ways

Carlos

Postby Carlos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Blitz wrote:Welcome back to the Forum Carlos. :D
I've just read your entire thread...and found it very interesting reading.

I related to your posting that you had started this serious journey on a 1st of January and in your first week lost 2.5kg...which is the date and loss that I did too.

Very interested to read that you reached goal and regained it all after 2 years. Why do you think that you ended up failing to stay the course after 2 years?

Very glad to read that you are now back on track and getting to the serious pointy end. What is your current weight? What is your current eating and exercise regime look like now?
Now that you are approaching success...what new things have you learnt or plan to put in place to make keeping the weight off forever possible?

Congratulations for keeping at it and fighting on!
Please stay on the Forum, keep yourself accountable and find encouragement on your journey to a better future! 8)

Kim

Hi Blitz,

My eating now is unlike anything I've done before or what you'll see recommended by dieting companies, etc

I come to realise that even though I enjoy breakfast, I always feel bloated and tired when I have it, and the same with lunch...then that usually leads to me eating even more. Then dinner comes. So, I thought I'd try an experiment with my food intake...

I started eating 1 meal a day. Dinner (5pm). I'm still eating the same calories I normally would, but all in 1 meal instead of spread out.

After a few months of this, I can safely say that it's the best way for me to move forward. Even after I drop the weight I will eat the same..just increasing caloric intake of course.

I would not recommend it to everyone, as I know all of our bodies are wired differently, but for me it's been a life changer..even separate to the weight loss.

- I no longer feel tired during the afternoon. My energy levels have skyrocketed
- I don't get hungry throughout the day, even with the absence of food
- I get to eat a nice dinner every night without feeling guilty. And if I want to eat 2nds, it's not the end of the world!

Occasionally I will get hungry, so I just have a piece of fruit and water and that will carry me through to dinner.

Carlos

Postby Carlos » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:44 pm

Also, just to add on to the last post...

I'd like to make clear that I'm not eating junk for dinner. Everything I have is home cooked and healthy - and I never have dessert.

For example, last week my dinners were:

Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday - Butterflied roast lamb cooked on flames, with lemon potatoes and salad
Wednesday - Sushi
Thursday - Roast pork and veggies
Friday - Pearl couscous and fish with a moroccan marinade
Saturday - Beef parmigiana with salad
Sunday - Roast chicken, etc

I also have multi vitamins in the morning and make sure I'm drinking at least 2 litres of water

Carlos

Postby Tams » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:42 pm

Such interesting reading Carlos!

I really liked some of those mantras. I also am finding the constant exercise draining and daunting - mine is a bit different to yours though, as I'm coming back from a serious injury, so 1.5hrs of rehab each day is pretty exhausting to the mind. I try not to think about it and 'just do it'! I will remember some of your lines to help me too :)

I wonder why the eating at certain times results in those reactions? It's good you have been able to find a solution that works...but maybe at some point also good to get some medical checks?

I loved your dinners. So yummy and healthy! I also cook everything I eat from scratch - totally believe it is the way to go for optimum health :)

Your thought that tomorrow I will look better than today...I'm going to use that as my inspiration to get over my latest slump...
Tams

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress