It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 am

Free Newsletter

Dave's Second Chance

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Dave's Second Chance

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:46 pm

Dave’s Second Chance:
Hi guys...lost another kilo...keeping it simple tonight...YAWNS...Job interview tomorrow. We don’t get many second chances in life, so let’s hope I can make the most of this one. I know I shoot straight from the hip and am possibly just tooooo honest at times, and seem to rave on, and act a little arrogant at times and bla bla blaaaa...but I like to think of this section as my own little weight loss Diary...which in a sense encompasses quite a lot....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, oops, I’m doing it again....good night guys
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Re: Dave's Second Chance

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Hey ya Dave

Congrats on that 1kg lost this week ;) And on your weightloss so far! Im looking forward to reading your progress!

Cheers
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby JP1 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:04 pm

Hi Dave mate... I'll be here supporting you EVERY step of the way mate... good luck and catch you soon 8)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Good luck with your interview, Dave. And congrats on your 1kg loss. That's great!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Congrats Dave! Another kilo down - well done mate. And how did the job interview go?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 am

Thanks Guys,
The Job interview went really well...Seems to be one area were honesty pays. However I am extremely nervous this time as it was the one for Disability Support worker...Uncharted territory this time round. Although I have a reasonable idea of what may be involved, I just hope I am thrown into the shallow end of the pool to start off with...

I'm pleased I have the support here to lose weight as it really means so much for my overall well being. I can’t believe the difference just a few kilos can make me feel between having my confidence or simply feeling depressed. It does take effort to keep ones chin up at time, and the less weight I have to carry, the less effort it takes to soldier on.

I can feel another kilo about to drop, and I've pretty much just kept the cycling and walking within a weight loss range that will be manageable to keep up if I get this job. My healthy eating habits are sticking and it's been two weeks without a drop of alcohol. Over all I am please with my progress.
I’ve Identified one of my biggest downfalls to weight loss... was my bias to exercise over healthy eating habits. I also got very upset when such things as jobs would interfere with my exercise. Now that I am starting to turn the tables and my way of thinking, it’s all looking good now.

Later guys...I'm off into the woods :)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 am

Hi Dave,

Man, you are like a weed in the garden, you just keep coming back!! Get to hear about your job prospects and new resolve Get the fat off, I'm ,with you on that one. It is my 50th second chance though just like that Homer!!
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Um...thanks....I think :lol:
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:20 am

Another Kilo Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:33 am

Good on you, Dave! That's great. I'm glad the interview went well too. It's great that you're shifting your focus a little away from exercise and more towards healthy eating. I read somewhere (might have even been here) that weight loss is 70% what you eat and 30% exercise. It's great you've lost another kilo. Good luck with getting the job!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:27 pm

Too right Wombat,
17 days today without, take away/alcohol/coffee/sugar/dairy/saturated fats & a host of other things with good results at this point. I will research several sources in order to replace any vital missing minerals & vitamins as a result from my new menu. I never just take a Doctors word on something just because there “MY DOCTOR!”...sorry, just seems so plastic the way many say it these days.

The last time I got into exercise, I hit the wall as far as weight goes, around in the top 80 kilos...Just like a lot in here do. Instead of adjusting the amount of poison I was shovelling into my body, I increased it by using the BS excuse of a Reward System...Ïf I keep active three times a day with my walk, travel and work then I can have 3 biscuits a day”...Get real...that’s 21 biscuits for the week. It may not be the exact same number or treat!, but I’m willing to bet, it’s things like that, that hold people back. I did it with Beer/sugar/ice cream ect...and even in moderation It held me back.

It’s laughable that in the western world we consider going without sugar, takeaway, alcohol and a host of other poisons; living a deprived life instead of a healthy one. It’s not easy, infact It’s an addiction...most of us are addicts and don’t even know it...It was hard for me to give up the smokes...but now when I consider having done that...I may as well stop poisoning myself with the crap we are expected and encouraged to eat. Yea yea yea....Moderation....I just don’t have any room for that at the moment...It’s still all sugar and saturated fats to me.

She’ll be right...I’ll light up in moderation...just as they have anti smoking campaigns, but will still sell the drug that kills people, they also do the very same with food! In fact, the government allows it so that we can all line up like cattle at a drive through slaughter house. Go figure...pretty intelligent hey?

Obviously as brainwashed as we all are...we think we need & deserve these treats and will justify it one way of the other in order to feel better about consuming all this reconstituted/refined & fatty foods...
Arrr to hell with it, I guess one of those Maccers burgers are only 6 times more than the RDA...and it’s only saturated fat ... So I’ll just have them In moderation ??? So to is half the crap on the shelves in the western world.

Good to get that off my chest...just reminding myself not to eat the crap my wife bring homes tonight :oops:
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:27 pm

OMG she came home with KFC.............
I'm hanging out like a junky now :oops:
Dave

Postby JP1 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:43 pm

hi Dave mate.. top rant there and hope you enjoyed the KFC? :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:

well done on the couple of kilos shed already... you'll be catching up to me real soon bud.. cheers :)
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:55 am

The wife has been eating what I eat, as I am the one that cooks...she lasted the 17 days and pretty much looked like this :oops: after her KFC?...it is what it is.

Narrrr, I won’t be catching you anytime soon, as this next kilo is going to take a few more well disciplined days and well; you know how it really is after that...they get a little harder to lose...Thanks for the encouragement though...LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT LEFT... :wink:
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:04 pm

Awesome lunch today...two slices of toast/half an avocado/1 tomato sliced/1 large thinly slice gherkin with cracked pepper corn and herbal salt. Finished with about 350ml of pure apple juice. Everyone else had KFC again! + Donuts! & lots of coke.

Hope I can keep it up...got past the Friday night drinking shakes with the weekend take away nerves still to go. Was a bit hard down at the mall, as most people just go along with Monkey se Monkey do...but after seeing the body shapes lining up for the donuts, I got over that one pretty quick...
Dave

Next

Return to Personal Progress