It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Free Newsletter

Dave's Second Chance

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Dave's Second Chance

Postby Yogi-Bear » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:34 pm

Dave you SLACK b!@#$%^d,

Man after my own heart, slackness is the way of the yogi. "Oh underlings, see ye the way..." However, in this topsy-turvy Protestant world I am relegated to the sidelines of social life. I would smote them with my power but I am too slack.

What is the best vid you have seen? Do you have a large flat-screen? Wish I did. I like watrching some sport and would love one of those babies but unfortunately I don't have enough money.

You probably needed a break though.

i bought that Calorieking software to track food/exercise. BORING.... but effective for me. it really makes you aware of what you are doing. I must be getting lighter but don't feel it that much.

Stay strong but slack bro'.....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:48 pm

:) ...It's a bit like that. To keep it simple Yogi...It's a 47inch 1920X1080 LCD with enough bells & whistles to get the job done...As someone who had worked in the business I can tell you to stay away from plasams...Plasmas where my number 1 pickup for REPAIR!!! I got the new Audio reviever as it seem pointless having the technology to display HD picture but not sound. Best thing I did...everytime I play a BD now, its better than home cinema.

It's hard to pic a best movie...Best Blu Ray would be Tranformers at this point, I aslo liked Blade Runner release on BD...but there is always more still comming out. Cars on Bluray was awsome as well...great family pic that one. As for Video or movies in general and am waiting for anxiously to come out in the months ahead is Gladiator/Brave Heart & Star Wars. Basically I am a sci/fi guy and go for those historic flics as well- such as Joahn Of arc, Kingdom of Heaven & so forth.........How about yourself Yogi??????

Exspense wise I would just say I have prioritised differently than others...also I guess it is one of the benifits of living in rent & not depending on credit to get buy such as my sis does. Seems to work for us at this point.

I hope the callory thing keeps working for ya yogi. I might have to go down that path as well, seeing as the exercsie is proving hard to get back into :oops:

Anyways dude...take it easy...will pop in soon enough
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 am

Yo Techno-freak,

Glad to see you are getting freaky with your TV set-up. I'll seek your advice when we get back to Aussie cos the time has come to get one i think.

I've got a similar taste to you although I probably like a bit more action-maybe. I liked Children of Men recently and found that a near perfect movie for my taste.

We are off again tomorrow. Yes Cyclone Yogi is about to hit the USA and weave another path of destruction with two small children in tow.

I like calorieking. It is $45 I know but well spent. It tracks just about everything except self-defeating thoughts. I'm staying on the path dave, i must be getting lighter. I still haven't got the fat percentage in my diet down to the target level, or the sodium either, but I am averaging 1600 cals per day which is very good. When I get the fat and sodium worked out I will drop my calories by 100. It is fun to track and have a look at performance. You can download it free for a 7 day trial.

Could I have your e'mail address and I will send you some newsletters I have mailed to friends. It is too hard for me to load photo's onto this site.

Whatever, don't go crazy....I'm on the edge....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:05 pm

here Yogi:
[email protected]
I guess I can try it...as I really don't beleive I can continue to exercise as hard as I do to keep the weight off for the rest of my life. I mean WOW it would be great if I could actually exercise half as much and enjoy it, because I dont NEED to work as hard, due to my excessive eating. It must be hard when everyone else eats crap though...well for me I guess that is my fear with so many of us in the family...

I really dont know much about calorie counting and how to go about it...I know there are labes and I need to learn there, but I kind of need to be educated in that. I am really bad at Maths...

I will give it a go I supose...but don't really have any money left for a while now. Maybe I can google some advice and work on a free guide first before lashing out on a pay up front one.

Anyways...as I said...I do need help to loose the few kilos I put on, & if trying your method means I dont have to exercise like a freak then that sounds good to me:)

I will just watch my movies like one :lol:
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:01 am

Hey Yogi,
I am glad you are enjoying your Holiday...Thanks for sharing...You reminded how special our kids are with some of those shots you mailed...I grabed the young fella off the computer and went and had a wrestle out the back. You can also put a face to the name now. Later Yogi
Dave :D
Dave

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:10 pm

It's SOOOO good to see you guys still around. So good to see familiar faces... well screen names, though now I can see Dave's face too!! Hope everything's going well. Sorry, I just don't have the time to read through everythig that has happened in the time I have been absentee... forgive me, I am but a mere mortal with 24 hours in the day and a million things to fill it with!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Dave » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:32 am

HEY....Dawn, hows it been.
I know what you mean.........I have been busy also. I have not even had time to read all of Yogis emails properly. I find this poping back in evey now and then not a bad thing though, as it helps to work out who the legit guys are.....well you know what I mean. I'm glad your a part of that crowed.

I have to go now...back later to fill in the gaps dawn...things are looking up :)
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 pm

you fat censored!!

seriously dave, you look pretty buffed to me and a handsome fella too!! good one. i like your photo too, i must put one up too i remember you even told me how to do it in an early post.

i like the advice you gave me about the photo taking too. i should have some close-ups but i have forgotten the fundamentals of taking pictures.

but i was also thinking that (Oprah moment coming up) i don't like looking at myself either and that would affect how i take pictures of myself. i judge myself as looking too old, or tired, or bald, or sad, or having lines on my neck..etc for example for years i have avoided looking at myself in the mirror as i leave the toilet after washing my hands etc. i just look away and sort of pride myself for not having triggered myself into feeling bad. pretty crappy eh...

dude, you are looking good....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi guys,
Thanks for the kind comments yogi, but I’m about to correct my weight and you’re not going to believe this BUT…I’ve gained a massive 6 KILLOS… :oops: aarrggghhhhhh. I’m afraid those photos are somewhat deceiving. If I was to stand side on after a meal…well, let’s just say I need to start addressing my weight again.
I don’t think I will be able to count calories just yet, but I am going to downsize my meals and start eating more veggies and drink more water again…ect. I went for a walk tonight to mark the start of more activity. I’ve applied for a few jobs & even had bites, so things are looking good there…I know there are people out there who may feel…Geez he still looking for work…but believe me, the fact that I am even looking is a good sign. I’ve got back in touch with my long lost brother & even talking with the oldies more often, which is always a good sign.
It’s amazing when you’re on top of the world, how fast you can fall if you take things TOO EASY…It’s certainly a learning process that takes effort, but pays off if you can balance things out. I’ve even got money in the bank…not much, but enough to show the rewards since I’ve given up smoking & drinking.
Anyways…time to make a move before I end up another 6kg heavier and almost back to where I began.
Yogi…we all got lines and were all going to get old and eventually were even going to eventually die. I no longer care about what my waistline looks like but I do appreciate the comftable feeling I get by being fit. I feel a little wiser this time round as I embark on another weight loss jorney. I could not care less about the grams and what my clothes are going to look like…(presentable is good enough) But what I do care about is enough that I find a healthy balance that leaves me with enough energy to be contented with life and be an encouragement for those around me.
Wish me luck budy…as you can appreciate, these thing are a work in progress.
Later man :wink:
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi dave,

I am definitely ahead of you now man. My bogus scales at school say I am 90kg but I know they weigh heavy. So I am definitely ahead whereas you have been infront for most of the year.

You can try calorieking FREE for 7 days. I have a pretty good idea about balancing energy now. Over time I have picked up how my body is working. I'm doing okay but I can find it hard to stop eating at dinner, that is my hard part of the day. But I am getiing around that too. Just having a lie-down when I get homwe from work and reminding myself of what I want helps me find the right mindset before eating.

Take care Dave,

Yogi
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 pm

That’s it Yogi,
Balancing energy…I like that!...I have had some extremely draining stuff going on…The wife has resigned her position at work and fallen ill, and I just landed a new job that starts sometime next week. On top of that we have been to some training seminars on the weekend and have to do some homework as well. Don’t get me wrong though…Its all looking good as well…Just a little apprehensive is all and some big changes…I’m dedicated to my well being as it helps to keep the energy levels up and the required positive outlook needed for holding the fort :D

I have managed to just keep the treadmill spinning and hope to keep it going. I notice that the days I let it slip with no exercise at all, I begin to feel very lethargic, but with all this added stress at the moment it could be 2 fold. So…I think I shall try your Balancing act with energy, and start with my BIO feedback MP3s as well.

I hope things are going well for you Yogi and that your family is well. Are you back at work?
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:10 am

Hey Dave,

Good to read your post I saw that phrase "balancing energy" on a poster somewhere and I liked it too. I really understand the calorie intake vs exercize relationship now. Because I have mapped it out for a couple of months (calorie counting along with energy expenditure) I have a pretty good feel for it. I am steadily losing weight but slowly.

At work I use my free-period to do something for myself. I go to the school weight-room every day and have just completed three weeks of training every day. That is on top of my cycling commute which is over an hour of moderate cardio. There are programs on the walls and i do a different routine each day. Mondays-Chest, Tuesdays-Arms, then back and finally legs on thursday. On friday I re-do arms as that is my weakest area. i can see definite changes and i am still lightening up. So I know I can get away with about 2400 cals a day and lose weight.

I need to restrict my calories a bit more, just cut back on my nightly beer (1 stubby)to only the weekends and maybe something else and I will lose weight a little more quickly.

Dave, have you heard of the comedian George Carlin? If not go to youtube and watch some of his videos. e.g Religon is BS. He is the funniest dude I know and I think you will really relate to him. Please do this for me as I would appreciate your thoughts. He swears a bit but he is a damn nice guy.
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:37 pm

LOL…I feel the guys pain and can relate. He is absolutely right about religion and the people that are using it to their OWN end. That being said, I’m into a higher power & wished he would of focused me on the people behind the scenes; but each to his own pain I guess. I can respect that.
I can definitely get what he is getting at with most of the stuff he is on about, and YEA…he got more than just a few smiles from me. I’ll be sure to share that link with my wife. Thanks for the tip
:wink:
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:37 am

Hey Davo,

Glad you liked George, he can be very funny in an insightful way, although sometimes he goes too far I admit.

Way to go America eh? They have really blown it in the last eight years or so and will never be a superpower again. The s&*t is going to hit the fan bigtime over this. Aussie should be okay for a while cos of exporting coal to china, but there will be problems too. all this has re-stimulated my self-sufficiency goals and I'll be back into it when I get back. Put a garden over the back lawn, get the water tanks connected up better, maybe solar panels etc.

I'm getting big dude, I mean muscular. So far I have not missed a day weight-training in a month. I've lost two inches or so off my waist but filled out too. I like how it feels, I can feel my bigger arms, and I have a lot more energy and strength.

I have discovered fish oil as a supplement too, try it, it makes a huge difference to mental functioning and well-being. Our brain and all our cell membranes are made of oil. It has been one of the best descisions I have made.

I think you are very insightful too. it must get you down that you didn't go through school a bit better I guess. You must be way smarter than many around you but you might have to suck it up though. Damn!! You are definitely intelligent and I get a lot from your posts. Later....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:04 pm

Hey Yogi,
Good to hear your routine is working out for you. I know that feeling of well being you are talking about. Although one must pursue a balance within all forms of exercise, there is nothing quite like the feeling of “STRENGTH” that can be acquired though resistance training. It’s very invigorating, despite age and something that can be mastered well into our old age...(sooner or later) I really must get back into it!!!

My new job is going well…So far so good…I’m doing long shifts & being new to the game, am finding it quite draining. None the less, I seem make a good career. Basically I’m working in Disability Support. I think I mentioned it some time ago. I simply just kept pursuing it, & eventually go into it. I was kind of thrown in the deep end straight up but managed to get myself into more of a realistic setup with lower need clients & so on. At this stage of the game, I seem to of overcome most of my fears in the job & am can see the potential for a career, if I can stick it out a little further and keep an open mind.

It is much better than being flogged with some whip in a factory or having to lift weights all day for a living… :lol: …Seriously, we all got to take the bad with the good I guess. If I can manage to wake up another day & soldier over the next hill, I’m thinking the road might flatten out some…That’s about where am at for the moment...I can say that at this stage of the game…I am liking the job!

Thanks for popping back in anyways…good to hear from you, & your kind words at that. I have to agree with your comments on the Big Old U-S of A. Although Aussies may be right for now…I’m not sure about the GEN-Ys and the 60Billion debt they have racked up on credit…seems to be an issue with the current western attitude, and that of the next gen…ect…Nothing against your travels…BUT…there seems to be this emphasis on everyone wanting to travel the world and achieve much more before they have the means to do so. Students leaving uni with massive debt before having even started in life & most kids in general just expecting things to be there for them. It can’t go on the way it is…but I am sure budgets will be cut to meet the needs of those that can’t go without because they are more deserving…Yadda Yadda…I guess this is where I will suck it up & solider on... :roll:

Enjoy it while it lasts like you say. I Have treated myself to a rather large Telescope!...one I have wanted for years & it will be here any day now. I’ve also turned our house into a small tropical forest with house plants everywhere…(has been a really healthy boost to the place)…We have upgraded most of our furniture & are now almost ready to STOP…& start sinking our money into much the same things you mentioned. (Practical things!)…I don’t mind saying though…That now when I find myself staring into space…I’m going to be doing it in style…& about bloody time too :lol:

I hope you continue to gather more strength with each training session Yogi. Despite what we put in the bank…nothing is going to beat that feeling of well being & you’re sounding like you’ve been being well :wink:
I hope you & yours are well...your the man Yogi!

Later man…
Dave
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress