It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Free Newsletter

Dave's Second Chance

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Dave's Second Chance

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:57 pm

There are people in search of a new lifestyle, who seek to return to certain basic truths about man and his world: I call them homecomers.

~ E.F. Schumacher ~

Like that quote Dave? hope you do...

What do you reckon about this forum? I mean Chicky babe? Do you think that is what it is about? This forum could be for losers, not just fat losers but losers in the bigger picture. Aussie's man, get real!!

I suppose I'm dreading returning to Aus. Shallow, shallow people. Hey, I'm in the ideal weight range but I have zero personality, zero charm, zero looks except if you are as drunk as I am?

Do you think I am being harsh? I think many Aussie'a are quite disgusting in the foolishness they take as real, with their group-think and the rest of it...

I am 89.5kg but pretty buffed... maybe we could visit you one day...good to hear about your job dude, you would be good at it I imagine....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:22 am

E.F. Schumacher (1911-1977)
An early prophet of sustainability

Sounds like my kind of guy. I only wish there were more of him. I guess you could be right about the forum...I wonder myself sometimes, but at least you pop in from time to time. I was thinking if it keeps going the way it is, I may as well just send you the odd email and keep in touch that way.

I think it’s ridiculous the way some carry on about a few grams in here, given that they have already lost the bulk of what really mattered. In essence you could say they often talk about things that don’t matter and couldn’t care less for those that do.

I don’t think your being harsh at all...IMO, Australians lost what was left of their Identity more than thirty years ago, maybe even before then. We sold what dignity we had then only to play follow the leaders, live out the patriots morals of other countries and sing BS anthems in our own school yards. We take what we can get, waste what we have & don’t give a censored about tomorrow or the poor censored down the road. Dare I continue...LOL...?

I had a good night at the Local Uni...My wife told me they were holding some public stargazing session. I rang and organised to take out my giant telescope. It was really good, until half the crowd gathered round my scope as if awaiting some professional presentation of the night sky...We
All had a really great time & I enjoyed the kids wowing when they looked at Jupiter & its moons. The scope has really been a great way for me to unwind with all the stressed of this new job. I have ordered some Binoculars and a small portable scope that I can go backpacking with & possibly start some Astro imaging with as well. The plan is to go bush on foot and not return for a couple of days...I’ll take a journal and hopefully get in some serious observing hours.

Not much else is happening...My 18 year old son has dropped in for a free lunch & seems a little disappointed when I explained there was no such thing these days. Offcourse the door is always open, but you know how these Gen ”y” & “Zs” are these days.

Glad to hear your still doing well & hope all is well with the others. Anytime you’re in Toowoomba QLD or visiting this way, just email and I’d be more than happy to give you a tour or simply just have lunch/barbeque or whatever.

In the mean time, it’s been great keeping in touch...I think I’ll check out some more on this guy you quoted.
Later...
Dave
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:27 am

OH YEA......I lost another killo :lol: and I am kind of laughing becuase I'm really not concearned about it either. Funny how things work out like that :mrgreen: I'll be sure to have a party when it comes back as well.
:)
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:14 am

Hi Dave,

I enjoyed reading your last post. Sounds like you are getting some use out of your telescope...You sound good and pretty philosophical. Congrats on losing another kg which is no small achievement. Good one...

I'm still going pretty good, I haven't missed a session of weights, Mon-fri except for maybe three occasions since beginning of september. I'm alot stronger overall and I'll keep at it as I have with cycling. Both are at moderate levels and they combine well together. I have definite tone now. I warm-up to the weight-training by running on the tredmill for 5mins and I have a good solid feeling in my upper body, so I kind of pound along now, whereas before I could do it only much harder and without the feeling of having much in reserve.

I am enjoying doing Chi-kung every day too. I figure losing weight is impossible for me until I upgrade my emotional health. And this simple Chinese exercise helps me alot to do so. I am also better at committing to something rather than trying to lose weight. So it is not an effort to commute by bicycle every day and do light weights session as well. instead of trying to lose weight then , I try and make sure I do my chi-kung session. It is a lot easier for me to work this way-improving my lifestyle, and letting the weight take care of itself.

stay well Dude, and i'll definitely look you up when in QLD, I have a sister up there i visit every now and again....
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Hey Yogi!,
glad to hear your still on track...don't have time just yet, just wanted to let you know I read your post and will be back later, when I have more time to fill you in on whats been happening:)
Later dude...
Dave
Dave

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:10 pm

Glad to hear things are going well Yogi,
I've put weight back on, however am not letting it get me down as I have more important issues to deal with. I am coming up to three months in the new Job and still trying to find my feet. I like the idea of commiting to something else other than "weight loss"...good idea! I might move the treadmill into the loungeromm as well. The wife bought the Wii Fit, but more as a gamming console for the kids...I dont mind the golf game that came with it & might even get the PS3 version /09 for it.

goto go back to work,
will post the rest later...Keep up the good work...you seem to be powering on :wink:
Dave
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:50 pm

Hey Digger,

Glad to see you doing all that work, you'd be great to share a fox-hole with...

That caring s%$t would be draining i guess and you might eat too much to fill yourself up. have you heard of psychic protection? You imagine a white light around you protecting you from the energy vampires that make you a slave. you are never a slave....

I'm getting stronger. Still haven't missed many sessions. my tendons and joints feel the benefit the most. Kind of more sinewy...

stay strong bro...don't let em bleed you dry...
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Don't forget the fish oil!...................Great stuff for your joints & tendons!...The brain as well, may even be just as effective as that protection strategy you mentioned. What's the wife think about that stuff? The more and more I look outwards the more I see everything around me, therefore I can actually understand some of what you have mentioned, however did find that there are a lot of people on the internet, seemingly caught up in it a little too much on the cultish side.

I'm kind of glad you mentioned it, as I am looking at using "some" of the strategies, and incorporating them into some meditation files I listen to.

Interesting to say the least...I think some of the positive things that have taken place in my life recently has most certainly been giving up smoking-however there has been quite a bit of suffering in order to obtain the peace (calmness-less anxiety-ect...) that comes from giving up, YET...its an ongoing struggle. As you know, I have Abstained from alcohol as well, due to the "Obiesty & depressive" effect it was having on me. I intend to take it back up once I have learnt to better control the positives & negatives that come my way.....yadda yadda...most definitely getting lost there, but you know what I mean...Basically I am feeling pretty strong with my acomplishments in regard to this & feel when the time is right I will most certainly enjoy a drink as well as the next man, probably even better.

My next goal is to hold down this job, with perhaps another goal after that.(budgeting :( )..so far I have been using the MINDS EYE aproach, with positive results. I have finally fixed up my credit rating against all odds of being a TWO Time Bankruptie , that's a miracle in my book :o ...I now have myself a credit card & awaiting approval on a New car lease. Weather I get the approval is really neither here nor there, when I consider where I have come from.

It's been a real hard slog getting there, yet when I count my blessings, it seems easy enough...Anyone with a heart can be a carer - but at the same time, I'll take whatever advice you have to give :D
Thanks Yogi
Dave
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:01 am

Hey Hey Hey Dave!!

Good to hear from you buddy. i don't know if my advice is worth much, just offering what I do, and maybe you'll find something useful, maybe not...doesn't matter...important thing is to improve your life I guess...

I do an energy protection after meditation in the morning. it could be a superstition but I have met a number of people I thought were going well and they all do it. there are heaps of different ways, I imagine a shell of white light around me basically. it seems to help...

I take the fish oil you mentioned and appreciate that you do as well...it is good stuff...

I also take psyllium husk morning and evening in juice, and this works as well...

It is maybe not the place to talk about it but I come from a hard backround as well, so I can empathise with you brother...

I found life was just so bad that I'd do anything to improve it. I couldn't stand the suffering...

Of all the things I do I have found Springforest Qigong to be the best...it has a site on the Internet...I swear by it but I have altered it slightly to suit my taste...

I'll look up Minds Eye as you have been successful with it...

bye for now

Yogi
(thinking of changing my avatar to bearamundi after that big fish)
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:01 am

Hi yogi,
I hope the family is well. How’s work going, must be slowing down this time of year, or does it actually build up? So...you been keeping up the physical discipline? You seem to of developed some serious will power along with all that hard earned strength & vitality. I’ve gotten to a stage where I can pull a double shift. I’d go wiper snip the yard, BUT, we have had some much needed rain in these parts. Best we have had in years actually :wink:

Good News...against all odds...I’ll be picking up my new car by the end of the week. I am totally stoked, so is the missus. Guess you is financing me...”Mercedes Benz” ...LOL...well I thought t was funny...What had happened, is the dealer also sells another line of car...”Hyundi”...I was graciously given the opportunity for a Business type of loan (not a lease)...where I can still claim a large portion on tax via depreciation and other things (the wife deals with all that) yet I have ownership of the vehicle now. None the less, a loan is a loan...BUT...yeaaaaa...Things have really picked up...hopefully all of this positive energy & creating success “Mind Sets” will enable me to fit the bill.

The car is only a Hyundi Elantra sedan ... and although cheap by most spoilt citizens out there ... It’s a real blessing & honour for us...Just what I need to drive my clients around as I have had a few strange looks with the old smoke blowing faithful :wink: . I picked the dark metal grey colour & have booked it in for a dark tint job. I won’t worry about wheels and all that, until I catch things up over Christmas...with my latest line of thinking, I seem to be growing out of such things. I still can’t stand seeing too much gloss in a church car park...bit of an in-joke there...sorry :mrgreen:

Anyways Bro...That’s the latest...Once again I hope this good fortune rubs off on ya, & that your family is well as is mine. Keep your vitality up and soldier on into the next year whatever life throws at ya. Seems to work, if you can hang in there long enough.

Later man...
Dave
Dave

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:06 pm

Sounds like a great car. The only problem with having such a nice car is that it would be tempting to start driving everywhere instead of walking. I'd put all of my weight back on within a month! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Ali,
Good to hear from you again. Hope you have been well & all that. Exscuse all the mistakes here, I am trying the iPhone out. I know what you mean about the walking thing! I got the tredmill setup in the loungeroo
but am having trouble finding time at the moment. One week a do like 5 24 hour shifts with like 4 hours off in the middle of the day and 2 off in the evening. Although there is time in those slots, it's very drainging at the moment to tie physical activity into my free time. I know I need to & will have to work my way back into doing so, and them it won't be so taxing on Me, but benifitial.

Anyways...I am just happy with the "Boost" my wife and I will get, from owning such a vechile :)
Once again, nice to hear from you, and wish you well.
Dave

Postby Dave » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:37 am

How’s it going yogi?

Not stressing too much over your body I hope, but if I know you...the answer is an assured No! I think I’ll pm you about further contact, as I’ve pretty much out grown this place. I think I will move onto a forum that deals more with well being...weight loss is beginning to get boring and shallow. It’s useful to get the ball rolling; however there just seems, so much more important things out there up for grabs.

I’m glad you have done well through this forum, but get the feeling you too, have acquired much of what was to offer here as well. Basically, it was enlightening & or the catalyst I needed to move on to bigger and better things.

Whatever the score ... I hope you continue on the trip your on ... It’s seems to be a good one. Thanks for helping to iron mine out.

Later Bro
Dave :wink:
Dave

Postby Yogi-Bear » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:57 am

Hi Dave,

Exactly, 'nuff said...

I agree with all you have written and I am of the same mind about well-being too. it is much more helpful to focus on well-being rather than weight-loss. i have found i couldn't lose weight either and I reckon it has more to do with emotional issues rather than willpower. i think you have to address the former and let the weight take care of itself, but then you might not be so worried about being a few pounds overweight anyway.

I think you are forward-thinking and spot-on. There must be forums out there too, just a matter of finding a good one. i'll join with you. for my well-being I have found a combination of daily cardio, weights, and stretching works magic. For cardio is the daily cycling and I have that totally organised now and still love it, feeling strong. When I get back to aussie i'll buy a set of free weights off ebay and fit the garage out, again good fun. I just need to do 30mins a day of weights and i feel taller, have better posture, and feel more positive. At the end of weights i do 15mins of hip stretches because my plan is to be able to do the lotus posture for meditation again. again, i have motivation to do these things and they are relatively easy for me to do every day. weight-loss is just a way of filling my head with negative s#$t, it is a less productive use of my precious time.

by well-being i think you are really refering to self-healing. i have my share of demons and working on well-being frees up the knots inside my body and mind so that i heal and learn. another committment of mine is regular good sleep. what a tonic for tiredness and nerves.

diet-wise i have psyllium husks with every meal and fish-oil tablets as well. I sort of plateau for a while, building up energy and then a breakthrough occurs in some area of life which frees me up. my new mantra has become 'faith and hope' rather than '75kgs' and i am doing better because of it.

what are you doing for your well-being dave?
[/img][/url]Image
Yogi-Bear

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:21 am

LOL ... Looks as if I will never get out of here :)
Forgive the many mistakes as once again this reply comes via my iPhone. 1stly Thanks for your reply! You were right about the self healing. I was looking around some places on self help & saw that they touched on things a little deeper & included techniques that I am open too. I was just too embarased to say so :) Anyways seeing as you have me pegged again, I'll be a little more up front :).

When I first joined here I was in a bad way & pretty desperate for help. I was physically unhealthy & mentally ... "disabled" ( for Want off a better word). Although I felt completey drained of energy, I also had enough pent up to luanch a space shuttle into space several times. I had the trembles and was at my wits end. I began my goal of self healing by purging all the poisons I was filling myself with. 1st was smoking following by drinking & then exercising. This got
Me off to a good start, however I was still out of controll & put myself In hospital as a result of overdoing it. (the rabdomyalosis thing that nearly killed me - (re-previous posts).

Anyways...determined to soldier on, because of all the positive feed back I was getting from here, I began to think less on the actuall weightloss & more on the emotional state of things. I began to use other techniques such as BIO FEED BACK & afamations as well as positive thinking and what's we else I could get into--Yoga, meditation, simply try to have fun, help others...Ect. .

...and like just posted feel, that although those place has been a god send to get me going, I need to search deeper
So that I can grow or even simply just keep a grasp of this awsome place I have reached... Otherwise I could go backwards. I have to work at these new energy levels, which require much more than any weight loss diet has to offer.

I was once getting g about with a few spare gyres, head hanging low, pennyless, family in a state of disaray, and pretty much just feeling plain worthless. Now I have a good paying job, my credit has been fixed, have a credit card, brand new car, a stable & workable family home, with plenty of self respect and a well being that is with working on.

That's pretty much the story...well as good as I can get it from the iPhone, outdoors...
Here is my email:
[email protected]
I'll keep you posted on what forums I find ect...thought the self help thing might be a little over the top, for some in here, or once again, I was a little embarased to touch on it.
:) Davek
Dave

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress