It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:15 am

Free Newsletter

Kiru's Progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Kiru's Progress

Postby kiru » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:37 pm

i have an important formal function coming up and i really need to lose some weight for my dress! so here i am starting my diet once again :?

starting weight: 59 kgs
goal: 49kgs
time: hopefully in 8 weeks.. but i guess as long as i lose a majority of it i'll be happy :D

amidst all the studying and other commitments i'll try and fit some time for exercise and watch what i eat...

i guess my biggest problem is eating! i have so much junk food in my house due to the fact that so many people live here so its hard do avoid junk good... what should i do? maybe i'll do some things i enjoy to distract me.. but studying stresses me out and i often eat food as a stress reliever and for comfort!!! any ideas to stop cravings??

maybe losing some weight will clear my skin.. i tend to think that eating junk food is bad for the skin.. is it true?

anyway tomorrow is the weekend so i'll get up early and go for a jog! hopefully it wont be raining again
[/url]
kiru

Re: Kiru's Progress

Postby MagicGirl79 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:21 pm

So did you go for a run or walk today? Feeling good?
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:30 pm

Hey Kiru - welcome aboard. 10kg in 8 weeks is a big ask, especially considering you starting weight. But you can always shoot for the stars, eh?

I find that when I eat well and drink lots of water, my skin and eyes are great - clear and sparkling.

All the best :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kiru » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:42 pm

thanks guys!! i think i jinxed it, it started raining :( but i went for a walk when it cleared up! maybe i shouldve jogged but my stomach doesnt cope well with jogging after dinner

yeah it always feels good after exercise, feels like i've taken a step towards my goal!

ahaha thank you, i'll try my best

i always carry a water bottle around.. water is my only beverage with the occasional coke zero
[/url]
kiru

Postby Bel Diamante » Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi Kiru! Best of luck! Just think ur gonna look hot in ur dress!! Go for it!!
xx Nic xx
Current Measurements
Start Bust: 133cm Now: 130cm
Start Waist: 127cm Now: 125cm
Start Hips: 148cm Now: 144cm
Bel Diamante

Postby kiru » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:12 pm

thanks bel diamante! i sure hope so :) nice tattoo btw
[/url]
kiru

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:43 pm

Good luck Kiru! In regard to your issue with snacking and studying I know where you're coming from. I gained 20kg while doing TAFE and uni because I was snacking to keep fueling my brain and it was on bad food for convenience. Since starting my post-grad I've been tackling these issues to try and lose that weight! I find a great way to beat cravings is to give myself a time limit. If I'm hankering for a particular food I'll say to myself that I can have it in half an hour, but for now I have to keep concentrating on my studying. Usually that results in me losing track of time and it'll be an hour or so later when I think about it again. The other option is to only have healthy snacks available. Don't buy chocolate or chips. Instead buy carrots, celery and salsa. Spend ten minutes before you start studying cutting up the veggies into snack portions. Then when you get hungry you have a ready-made healthy snack available. Try and get into the habit of only eating snacks when you're hungry. It helps retrain your attitude towards food so you don't just eat automatically for reasons other than hunger. If you feel the need to consume something while you're studying it might be good to investigate different herbal teas. Then you can have an enjoyable 'treat' while you're hitting the books that is good for you, keeps you hydrated and doesn't create an association between food and study that might be hard to break.

Let us know how you get on!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby kiru » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:49 pm

thank you EvilWombatQueen for the awesome tip!!! i'll keep it in mind!!! curbing cravings is so hard, but your tips sounds really helpful! i'll try it out :) i guess its good for my study too since i'll be less distracted by food

yay i weighed myself before and im down to 57.5kg now... i lost fluid?? i didnt exercise as much as i should've, everyone is catching a cold and i seem to have caught it too! im feeling much better now so i'll jog early tomorrow. but i have been eating a lot better, less junk but still not enough vegetables... i'll make that my goal this week

7 weeks go go ^^
[/url]
kiru

Return to Personal Progress