It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:44 am

Free Newsletter

Cassies story & progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Cassies story & progress

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:51 am

Well here is a bit about me, 6 months ago I moved from Sydney to Hervey Bay with my husband. This was a huge change for me but I wanted to be closer to my family & living expenses are much cheaper up here. I work by myself & don't get out much so have had problems making friends & therefore put on more weight from emotional eating & becoming a bit of hermit.

I want to start trying to conceive later this year so I thought I need to loose weight but really focus on being healthy & getting fit. So 4 weeks ago I changed my diet & have been walking minimum of 30 minutes a day. I have even started walking to work which is 5.5kms away & swimming 2-3 times a week. I'm buying a bike on the weekend & my goal is to start riding to & from work each day in the next week or two.

Because I'm walking around the same time everyday I see the same people out & about. I haven't exactly made friends but at least I'm more social & getting out of the house regularly. Even just using this forum is a huge help because everyone is here for the same reason & are incredibly supportive.

I have lost 5 kilos & am yet to weigh myself this week. I have started to notice my clothes are looser especially around my legs. I'm feeling great & have so much more energy.

Thanks for listening
Cassie
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Re: Cassies story & progress

Postby GumBoots » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:09 pm

Well done Cassie. Sounds like you are taking some great steps towards being healthier and conceiving a bub. Your body will definitely thank you once pregnant for getting into shape first..
Looking forward to reading your progress.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby Chaypeta » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:13 pm

Good on you Cassie. I haven't tried swimming yet... too self conscious about the bathers thing. Walking is more my style. Good luck with the bike.
P.s. I'm new here too so *hi* from another newbie.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:46 pm

Chaypeta wrote:I haven't tried swimming yet... too self conscious about the bathers thing.

I'm lucky that I have a pool so I have the privacy of my own home & I use a swim trainer (where you are attached to a bungy rope & you swim but don't go anywhere. Looks stupid but is very effective :mrgreen:
Cass

Cac33

Postby Chaypeta » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Lol... Yes i think i'd definately swim if i could do it in private. I love the water. :D I've nevr tried a swim trainer, is that like some sort of harness. I guess using it you'd be using time and not laps to mark your routine. (Sounds like fun even if the visuals are a bit giggly.) I'm sticking to walking for the moment. my little black companions are behaving themselves better, they're getting the idea that I'm in charge, so i decided to use my walkman as well this morning which I LOVE... i could walk for two hours no problem listening to music, i don't notice my legs getting tired.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Postby Mandie » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:16 pm

good on you cassie for all you've achieved so far - looks like you're on the road to many years of being a happy, healthy mummy!
Mandie

Postby Cac33 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:35 pm

thanks for your kind words guys. This forum is a fantastic support network & is always incredibly encouraging. Together we CAN all achieve our goals. :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby ***absolute_zero*** » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey Cassie Welcome to the forum, best wishes with your weight loss journey :)
~~~Hugs Tam~~~

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wzOso3A/]
[/url]

***absolute_zero***

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:05 pm

Well I proved to my husband yesterday & again today how much I want to loose weight.

Yesterday I was really tired & only got about 5-6 hours & hubby offered to drive me to work but I was determined & turned down his offer & walked the 5.5kms.

Today it was raining & I had to start an hour earlier than normal so he offered to drive me again as he didn't want me to walk in the rain but I still wanted to walk & agreed to let him drive me half way. So I walked 3kms this morning & as I got out of the car it bucketed down. He didn't drive off straight away as he thought I would change my mind but I just kept on walking. My mum past me when I was walking down the street, she pulled over when she saw me looking like a drowned rat but I told her I may as well keep walking seeing as I was already soaked. So I did!

Picking up my bike tonight so can't wait to test it out tomorrow. I'm also buying a lawn mower so will be mowing our lawn on Saturday while hubby is at work. We live on a 800m2 block so big yard to mow but think of all the calories I will be burning off!! :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:08 pm

Well done on walking in the rain & turning down the offer for rides! You certainly feel a lot better once you've achieved your exercise goals!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:13 am

Well since my dilemas with the new scales I have been exercising more & more & lost another 1 kilo bringing my weightloss so far to 6 kilos in 5 weeks. So pretty happy with that.

5 weeks ago when I first started I was doing about 30 mins/day walking (at a casual pace), now I'm doing 1 hour 15 walking to work at a reasonable pace, 20 min ride in the afternoon then 30 mins on the stepper plus squats/lounges/leg magic throughout the day.

I'm on a 1600 calorie diet which I have never gone over in the 5 weeks. I still treat myself to a paddlepop or little bit of chocolate every few days but I just make sure it is within my calories or exercise more.

I can't describe how much healthier & fitter I feel. Even sleeping much better & waking up feeling great. :D
I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who has been encouraging & has helped me push on when I'm having a bad day. So thank you :mrgreen: :wink: :D

Cass x
Cass

Cac33

Postby big_love » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 am

Well done Cass you are going so great!!! Im so glad you are feeling fitter and better! I totally know what you mean. Its great your slipping in treats too so you don't feel deprived!I couldn't go without my WW icecream!!

Anyway, just wanted to tell you you are going great, and keep up the good work girl!!! :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:14 pm

You're doing great Cassie. Good on you!

It's great that you're walking to work to get some extra exercise. I just wanted to ask though, are you wearing good walking shoes? It might sound like a silly question but I buggered my feet up walking home from work regularly in shoes that looked great but didn't have enough cushioning. Just wanted to make sure you weren't in danger of doing the same thing!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:26 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:You're doing great Cassie. Good on you!

It's great that you're walking to work to get some extra exercise. I just wanted to ask though, are you wearing good walking shoes? It might sound like a silly question but I buggered my feet up walking home from work regularly in shoes that looked great but didn't have enough cushioning. Just wanted to make sure you weren't in danger of doing the same thing!

Hi Ali

Thanks for being concerned but don't worry, yes I wear proper walking shoes. Actually I don't think I could walk that far in any other type of shoe. I work by myself so no need to wear fancy high heels to work :wink:

Cass
Cass

Cac33

Postby Cac33 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm

Today I just want to have a sulk..............its TTOM & I feel so crappy. :roll: I have resisted temptation to eat fatty foods but just can't seem to get in the mood for exercise. I only did 1 hour yesterday (40 mins walk & 20 mins stepper) & today so far just 40 mins walk. Doesn't sound too bad but I have been doing about 2 hours worth per day for the last week so feels like I'm being lazy. Might try the stepper when I get home.

I feel so bloated & gross :(

I had to get that off my chest, hopefully tomorrow I'll be in a better mood.
Cass

Cac33

Next

Return to Personal Progress