It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 am

Free Newsletter

Cassies story & progress

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Cassies story & progress

Postby Shalimar » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 am

You're glowing Cass, you look fantastic :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 pm

That is such a cool pic!! Glad to hear you had a fantastic time :) But I'm sure its nice to be home with Joel too :) Hope you're not too jet lagged! Can't wait to see more pics!!

Love, Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Sussy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:27 am

Welcome bac Cass, looks AWESOME!!!
Sussy

Postby Cac33 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:45 pm

Thanks girlies!

Sorry I've been so absent lately, I was away & have come back to very busy times ahead with work & planning a surprise party for my mum this weekend which family from Sydney are coming to visit & are staying at my house.

I weighed myself when I got back & I lost 900gms while I was away but didn't record it because I had a serious case of Delhi Belly when I got back (glad I was mostly ok while on hols), now that things have gone back to normal I've gained 400gms so overall I lost 500gms while I was away.

Totally stoked with that because I was eating more food than you could imagine!!! No joke we were having breakfast, 3 course lunches & dinners plus some places we went to also put on high tea for us so that meant I was eating up to 5 meals a day & they weren't small. On the other hand we were walking so much & it was mega hot so sweated off some too :wink: .

Back to soup for lunches & stirfrys etc for dinners. Need to get back into the exercise too but haven't had much time lately so have just done boxing a few times :roll:

I've been doing my photo hunt (is anyone else doing it this month??) anyway I've used mostly my Indian photos so I can show you some on here too. Any one who wants to see my photos let me know & I'll PM you the link if you're not already on my facebook.

Cheers guys & take care.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Well done on still loosing whilst over there! Must have been all those curries :wink:
I kinda guessed that you had come back to ALOT of work to get through, plus catching up with people and wouldn't be able to get back to us important people straight away. But we forgive you for not putting us first :wink: :lol:
When i had a look at all your photos Sam saw them and was ooing and ahhing with me. Your photos were great.
Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to do any of the photo scavanger comp, i think i am just to busy to be able to do it. But i am looking forward to everyone elses entries.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Welcome back Cass,

How awesome LOSIING weight on holidays, and especially whilst enjoying all their fantastic cuisine, that's so great. Good on you!! Yeah!

Guess it goes to show it doesn't have to be all vegies, rice crackers and soup.... :wink: :lol: hehe

xoxo
Sussy

Postby Shalimar » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Well done on the loss Cass :D .

Shalimar

Postby candycane » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:08 pm

hi darlin!

i looked at some of your photos it looks so awesome. I can see you had an amazing trip! this week been not so good for me eating wise - had a couple of assignments due, so i figure i'll get back into it when this one is completed.

Give me your dehli belly so i can get rid of some of my flabby belly :P hehehe Welcome back to the land of the working ;) xx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Cac33 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:12 pm

SORRY!!! I have been so absent lately!!! I have been SO busy! Work & socially busy.

Really quick update - had visitors last week, my aunty & uncle & they have put in an offer for a house in the bay & are moving here in January! Yay more family close by.

Once they went home had 1.5days before my brother, girlfriend, god parents & 2 kids arrived for Mums surprise party. Was a MASSIVE weekend & they only left yesterday.

Work is insanely busy with 3 brochures in the middle of production at the moment & 1 just released. Working stupid 11 hour days again but not much I can do about it but look forward to the weekends. Guy in my department is moving to sales so I need to go into the head office to train the new person for about a week in the next couple of weeks.

Then in Sydney for a wedding in 4 weeks & then again 4 weeks after that for the xmas party staying a couple of days each time. Feels like I'm never home!!!

Plus on top of that Joel has been doing night work so I'm we rarely see each other lately.

Weight wise I gained weight from the partying over the weekend with way way way too much alcohol & bad foods. Though on Saturday morning after spewing my guts up & feeling like crapola I went for a 4km run. Sweated it out of my system & was feeling much better afterwards. I've lost some of the weight I gained over the weekend but still up on last weeks weigh in so trying to be ultra good to level things out again.

Well I promise to not leave it so long between posts again & sorry for not being there for everyone at the moment. Will try to catch up with everyones threads soon. xoxox
Cass

Cac33

Postby Booties » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:16 pm

wow u soiund like u have a handful of stuff on atm! i dont know how u do it.

did u have fun partying though? i know the next day can suck, but good on ya for doing the run! 4km? i cannot even do 1km hehe

training a newbie hey? i hate it, well i started hating it after i trained my3rd person in the 1 position lol but its good when its over :)

i hope u are doing well.

dont worry bout not being on much, seems a lot of us are busy these days :)

take care

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Sussy » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 am

WOW, keeping busy Cass, that's not a bad thing though, and it'd be great to catch up with family and friends...you'll be bored when they go and things slow down again....however Christmas is coming and that's usually pretty much guaranteed to be a busy time too..... :lol:

Wouldn't worry too much about the over indulgence, you are obviously aware of it and keeping on top of it.

Don't know how you manage to fit in 4km run while doing 11 hour days....OMG, if it's not physical exercise you're doing, it's definitely mental. Hope you get acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work Cass.

Sydney sounds great, wish we could jet away for a weekend here and there, enjoy and have fun.

Take care mate.....and don;t work TOO hard. :wink: :D

xoxo
Sussy

Postby Cac33 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:59 am

Ok so I should fess all & tell you the whole story. I was only going to tell you the good bits but you guys no me well enough by now that I should be completely honest about my weightloss journey.

When it was my Mums bday party weekend, I ate way way way too much & drank even more. Other than the 4km run & a 2km walk I didn't do any exercise in the days after to try & make things balance out & I avoided the scales. I managed to gain 2.5kgs & I was devastated as you can imagine. I have kind of plateaued for a while now just kind of maintaining. Last week I decided it was time to put the effort in that was required to loose the gain & get back on the wagon. During the week I ate home made veggie soup 1-2 times a day & ate small regular meals. I didn't get time to exercise during the week because I'm so flat out & doing 11 hour days when I'm finished for the day I just need to rest. My hubby was working night shifts last week & I made a consious effort not to snack or eat badly while he wasn't there as I tend to do. I weighed myself on Saturday & I lost 2.2kgs for the week.

Now I know that was mostly retained water from kick starting the food side again & don't expect another loss like that again next week but it felt good to know that I managed to almost get rid of the whole gain! I need to update my ticker & signature when I have a minute so will get to that later.

On another note I had a major moment over the weekend & it was a great one. For the last couple of years at my largest have avoided certain shops as I knew I wouldn't fit into their clothes but after struggling to find a dressy dress to wear to the races for a hens party I'm going to in Sydney, I decided to bite the bullet & just bloody walk in. Sorry if this sounds racist but I don't know how else to describe it - It was one of those Asiany kind of dress shops....do you know the ones I mean? Like SES or something. Anyway they usually only have quite small sizes but I walked in & checked out some of the things they had on show. I saw 3 dresses I really liked & thought what the hell I'm here I may as well try them on as they had an XL.
OMG to my surprise all 3 fit & fitted well!!!!!!! Then I had to decide which one I wanted & I chose by which ones had the best straps that I didn't have to wear a strapless bra!!! It was an amazing feeling not to buy what ever fitted but I had a choice of 3 dresses & it came down to the straps of all things!! Next was the price tag & the dress I chose was only $24!!!! How cheap is that!! I walked up to the counter & while they were serving another lady I saw a cute black & white lace top on a rack & just walked up, picked the XL size & went back to the counter & bought both for $41!!

When I got home I tried them on for hubby & he loved the dress, said it was very flattering & really suited me. Top fitted perfectly too & was very slimming with black jeans.

This makes me want to go on & loose more weight. What better feeling than to know you can fit into clothes in all sorts of shops & actually enjoy going clothes shopping again.

Hope all is happy & healthy xox
Cass

Cac33

Postby Shalimar » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 am

Good for you Cass, you sound stoked and it is coming through in your post. I can just imagine the feeling. Well done, you more than deserve it :D .

I have had the experience of grabbing a piece of clothing off the rack thinking it will never fit and then having to grab a size or two smaller, it is such a great motivator.

Shalimar

Postby curvygirl » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:42 am

Cassie dont wash it before you wear it or you may be in for a major dissapointment.
Sorry to sound so negative because I can imagine how nice it was for you to get into normal clothes but I hate it when you get something that fits you really well and then you wash it and it shrinks.
You will look gorgeous and I cant wait to see the photos from the hens party. Great work on the big loss.
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby Tarz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:00 am

Congrats Cass thats fantastic to hear about the shopping trip. Just the pick up you need, things will be easier when work settles down and you can get back into the exercise.
Have you thought about trying yoga or pilates whilst watching tv? I have done it a few times now, whenever i am so tired that i just want to sit and watch tv i hop on the floor and do some of the poses as well as just strectching, its really quite relaxing and i can still watch the show. It helps with core strngth and flexibilty and will make your muscles leaner. Just a thought.
Well done to admitting to the little mishap in eating, By admitting its the best way to stop yourself from slipping into a bad habit.
Tarz

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress