It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:01 pm

Free Newsletter

Chaypeta's Journal

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Chaypeta's Journal

Postby Chaypeta » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:28 am

Thanks Ali, I'm glad you like the comic, it's my baby and it's the thing that I consider completely mine free of all other responsiblities and obligations. My bit of sanity. :) Congrats on your weight loss... only 1.5 to go... you go girl!!!

I haven't tried green tea, though i do like tea, love chai . :mrgreen: I haven't had sugar in tea for twenty years... gave it up once when i wanted to loose five kilos. After a couple of months I tried it again and found i couldn't stand the taste of sugary tea.

I jumped on the scales this morning post walk after taking the kids to school and the numbers stopped on 72.9 kilos. Whooo Hooo! I know it's going to fluctuate a little through out the week but now I can't wait to see what next Mondays official weigh in comes to. It's gotta slow down a bit though... 3.6 kilos (almost 8 pounds) is a lot to loose in ten days. If I was a resident at work we'd be ringing the dietitian*. I'm keeping in mind that I've cut out all of the sugary drinks and am stearing away from anything over salty so I'd say a good portion of that is just excess water. Still... what an incentive. :D

I was dying for a chocky last night so I made myself up a jarrah hot diet chocolate fudge flavour. Hit the spot very nicely and only added half a point to my taly.

Starting Date: March 2 2008
SW 76.5
CW 72.9
GW 55

*Barwon Health policy: If a resident looses more then two kilos in one month the dietitian department needs to be notified.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9otB50/]
[/url]

TERINU Australia's own Sci Fi Web Comic: http://www.terinu.com
Chaypeta

Postby big_love » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey Peta you are doing so great with your weight loss! Your comics are awesome. Are they free hand or do you use a drawing program? I tried in Uni to do comics for a art history class...i sucked...ill stick to design I think :wink: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:03 am

Green tea is fantastic - I have one every morning and it def kick starts my metabolism. I feel really good afterwards and it makes you pee, flushing out all the bad stuff that has accumulated overnight. It's an acquired taste, but I add an artificial sweetener tablet to mine and it helps.

Congrats on the weight loss too - you've started off really well. I love the Jarrah Hot Chocolate for after dinner as well.

I noticed your shock at the KFC points... I also experience the same thing yesterday - whilst I've been a WW member for years, I've recently started using Calorie King to help me equate my exercise into my daily food total also. I had KFC yesterday and found that it alone (1 meal) pretty much was my entire day's calorie intake!!! Lucky I had hockey training last to help burn some of it off!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Chaypeta » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:31 pm

hey Tam, Thanks :D . My pictures are all hand drawn. I pencil them first and then go over the pencil lines with nice clean black ink. The only stuff I do on the computer is the lettering and word balloons because my hand writing is really bad. Comicing is fun but very time consuming. The average page takes me between 6 and ten hours to complete.

Hi Kate, I love fudge jarrah, but remember a while ago they used to make spearmint flavoured hot chocolate... wish they still did it as it was my fav. KFC is right off my radar for now, though I've found an alternate that isn't too bad for rare occassions: 'Red Rooster's' Skinfree Grilled Chicken Baguette is 1735 kJ but only 2 gms of saturated fat.
[/url]

Chaypeta

Postby Chaypeta » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:55 pm

Yesterday was a test of my good eating resolve. We went out to a smorgasboard dinner at a local pub. I had my usual walk despite the heat. I really need to start wearing a hat though. I was very careful with eating during the day which wasn't hard as I actually don't tend to feel hungry during the day. At the bistro I made a point of thinking before I put anything onto my plate about the fat content of the food. No fried or battered food including chips, nothing with butter or cream. I went for the roast beef as I haven't eaten red meat for a few weeks (not a big fan of it but I need the iron). I was sure to serve myself only enough to fill the size and thickness of my palm. I also had two very small chicken wing segments and several small flat pieces of grilled fish. Had a scoop of chop suey and a variety of steamed/ boiled veges to fill up the plate. Actually the only difference would of been in the quantity of meats I stacked on the plate and the fact I didn't include anything fried. I did grab afters though, again only about half of what I'd normally eat: a scoop of pink mousse, a two inch square piece of cheese cake and a two inch square piece of banana cake.

I worked a night shift that night and was't at all hungry. Although I knew I had to eat something so I packed a few things for night time lunch break, a low fat cupa soup and tuna with water crackers. Packed some grapes as well but was too full to look at them.

I have to go to a work internal education seminar to learn about a new assessment system the government are bringing in. I've been given the night off before hand so at least lack of sleep won't be the reason I start to nod off. Don't know if I'll remember to weigh myself amongst all that so I jumped on the scales for the official reading today after getting out of bed instead. I knew I'd be heavier then my usual post walk weight as I reckon I dump between 400 and 500 mls of water during that walk in the heat after taking my kids to school last week (last weigh in). 73.1 !!! *Happy dance!* It means post walk I'll weigh about 72.6 -.7. (Must stop weighing myself post walk as it really isn't acurate, just fun to see the numbers dipping so low.)

BTW: Smashed my original mini goal weight by almost two kilos and I'm still only half way through the month. I'm re adjusting it again to make it a clear 72 kilos in weight by March 30th.

SW 76.5
GW 55
CW 73.1
[/url]

Chaypeta

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:21 pm

HEy Chaypeta...
Congrats on the loss so far...ur doing great....i cant wait to see how ur progress goes!! good luck :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Cac33 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:28 pm

Well done on having self control at the buffett! Thats a real test of will power!!

You have really proven your dedication by still walking so much in that heat. I'm not sure I could do it when its that hot!!!!

Keep up the good work & you will be seeing great results. :D :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Chaypeta » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I've just woken up a early after a night shift. I don't feel the least bit like eating although my itake for the last 17 hours has been pretty minimal... about a quarter cup of grapes and a small amount of tuna sushi a work college brought in for me. (We buy each other sushi whenever we bring it to work for ourselves because we're both such sushi addicts.) I've drunk about 750 mls of water in the space of ninety minutes and forced some canteloupe (rock melon) down as thats the only thing I could envision swallowing. I'm trying to talk myself into eating a diet yougart 'cause I'm sure I need the protein and cals but it's just not working.

This is daft. :(

I know people may think... wow how lucky, you're deliberately setting out to loose weight. (I refuse to call it dieting... 'diet' means short term calorie reduction and I want my habits to change permanantly! ) But I KNOW that if I don't eat now by eight oclock, even after eating a good dinner, I'm going to feel like I'm starving... it's a weird rebound thing my body does.

Most of all I want to go for a WALK!!!

But it's stinking hot out there. And I mean it's currently 40 celsius (thats 104 fahrenheit)!!!

I can't come at the thought of doing any kind of indoor work outs... it's too friggin' hot, even inside the house. Only the bedroom and computer room has working air con since we're waiting til winter to get the living room air con repaired because it will cost only half the price of doing it now. If I had the car I would go to the pool for a swim even though I swore I wouldn't go to the pool until I'm 65 kilos because I'm so self conscious about putting on bathers. But right now I'm itching to do something!

Fraggin' heat wave! *Throws empty water bottle at the sun.*
[/url]

Chaypeta

Postby Chaypeta » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:43 pm

(NOTE: posted the next day after the last post which had been accidently omitted.)

The heat didn't let up.

Two am and it was still 38 celcius ( 100 fahrenheit ). The boys didn't settle until almost midnight and Kyra ( seven years old: the youngest of my brood )was still teary with exhaustion, unable to sleep near one am. Wayne helped her with a cool shower and she managed to sleep for a few hours after that. But by 4 am she was back in our bedroom awake and distressed. I turned up the air con in our room and made her a bed on the floor beside my side of the bed with a whole heap of thick doonas folded over and piled on top of one another and after a little while she fell asleep again. Sleep for me however was pretty much over. With sleeping during the previous day after a night shift I just didn't need a full eight hours more so soon. So by 6 am I decided to go for that walk I missed yesterday.

Very quietly dressing so as not to disturb the rest of the family I debated whether to take Loki and Ember with me. Decided against it as the devilish duo tend to get hyper when they know they're going for a walk and that would certainly disturb the early morning peace.

So slipping a door key into my walking shoes I tiptoed out the door and into the dark stary early morn. The temperature hadn't dropped at all. At 6:15 it was still very warm with a warm breeze blowing. But without the baking sun beating down it felt pleasant. I headed round my usual 6 km circuit starting down Church St. It was still night but a thin spectrum of blue, yellow and mauve lined the eastern horizon. Down bellow the hill the lights of the city marked it's place before the bay. It felt peaceful. I've decided that I really enjoy early morning walks. Though I don't know if I'll be able to make a habit of it, I don't get enough sleep as it is and that's not usually for lack of ability. But a walk before anyone else wakes up does ensure that I fit in exercise into my routine. Have to see how I can go about managing an earlier bed time for myself perhaps.

I was surprised at how many people where out and about jogging or power walking like myself at that time in the morning. Either they're uber dedicated or like me they just couldn't sleep.

Fun part of the day over I had to get kids up and dressed and then drive them to school and wayne to the station and then I had to attend a work training session for three hours. After that I had a burst of energy... enough to wash the car at one of those drive throu do it yourself car washes. After that I rewarded myself with a 6 inch sub from Subway and a low fat yougart they sell. Finished the sub but the yougart's still sitting here as I don't feel hungry at all. I'll put it away till after the kids get home.

Right now I'm feeling pretty good. Next I'm going to script the current page for my comic and post it.
[/url]

Chaypeta

Postby Chaypeta » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:23 am

WARNING: Really yucky post here.

Heres something that I didn't get any warning about... it's a yucky word... ready for it...

constipation!

Gah... you'd think with all this healthy living thats one department that would take care of itself... nup, according to my pharmacist a change in diet, any change, can result in the 'c' word. Not fair since I eat vitabrits every morning and plenty of veges. I have cut back on bread products but it's not like I ate a whole lot of them to begin with. Anyway I trundled down to the pharmacy for some advice and the woman there recommended lactulose. Take 45 mls, she said, and you'll definately go sometime tomorrow.

S'cuse me?

I took 40 mls and two hours later had the worst runs I have ever had ever ever ever, and I'm including every case of gastro I've had since i was conceived!

Fortunately it only lasted an hour and an hour after that I ate dinner and everything was back to normal.

Note to self: NEVER use lactulose again ever! That stuff acts like draino on me.
[/url]

Chaypeta

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:26 am

I guess its a bit like people not telling you what to really expect when going through labour. Only tell the good stuff so people don't get put off. Luckily its only a temporary thing. but i will let you know, be careful with eating lots of vegitable unless you have a room to turn into a toxic war zone. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:29 am

I had the same problem a couple of days ago. Woke up in pain from it through the night & was up for hours :oops:
Totally gross

Nice to know others are having the same problems
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Touched by the Easter Road Toll

Postby Chaypeta » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:50 am

I've been keeping away from junk for most of the week. Go me! Friday night is games night so the consensus was pizza, mainly because Wayne really fancied pizza. We ordered pizza hut on line to save having to go out and get it in the Good Friday madness. I stuck to my principles and ate just two slices of BBQ chicken pizza and one small rib. Usually I'd eat three pieces, at least a couple of ribs and a couple of slices of garlic bread washed down with a can or two of coke. I'd prepared for it by eating lightly all day... not 'not eating'... I still had my usual breakfast, but stuck to fruit and salad plus my ultra yum light crackers with eggplant spread. (Yes it's true... I didn't believe eggplant could actually taste good either but somehow Kraft have managed it with their Deli Spread range.)

I thought today would be another challenge in food choices as we were set to go out to a BBQ down by the beach with friends of ours but they've had some bad news so they decided to have a quiet day at home to deal with it. They knew someone who was in a bad car accident on Thursday who had been taken to hospital with head trauma. Last night they were told that this person had severe brain damage. The decision was made and carried through this morning to turn off her life support and she passed away a few minutes later.

It kinda' puts things into perspective a bit doesn't it. I mean this couple was only driving out on a day trip and decided to take a detour to the Berry Farm on the way when some idiot, who didn't stop at the intersection, collected them. Life is too short already and you don't know when if some moron is going to snatch it from you. I think about the deaths of my parents and my brother in particular as he died in a motor cycle accident a few years ago and my heart bleeds for what this lady's family is going through right now 'cause I know it's pain at its very worst.

We'll take the kids out for a picnic anyway becuase life IS too short regardless and despite the sadness the sun is still shining and will continue to shine everyday whether we see it or not.

SD March 1 2008
SW 76.5
GW 55
CW 73.1 (Actually it's a bit less then this but I'm waiting for my official weight in date to change it.)
[/url]

Chaypeta

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:13 pm

So slipping a door key into my walking shoes I tiptoed out the door and into the dark stary early morn. The temperature hadn't dropped at all. At 6:15 it was still very warm with a warm breeze blowing. But without the baking sun beating down it felt pleasant. I headed round my usual 6 km circuit starting down Church St. It was still night but a thin spectrum of blue, yellow and mauve lined the eastern horizon. Down bellow the hill the lights of the city marked it's place before the bay. It felt peaceful. I've decided that I really enjoy early morning walks. Though I don't know if I'll be able to make a habit of it, I don't get enough sleep as it is and that's not usually for lack of ability. But a walk before anyone else wakes up does ensure that I fit in exercise into my routine. Have to see how I can go about managing an earlier bed time for myself perhaps.

We'll take the kids out for a picnic anyway becuase life IS too short regardless and despite the sadness the sun is still shining and will continue to shine everyday whether we see it or not.

Reading these two posts from you, I am amazed at your understanding and take on life! These are just beautiful sentiments!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Chaypeta » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 am

Weekly weight in this morning and it's a case of WTF. The scales last week showed that I had dropped to 70.8 on Friday but today they're hovering around 71.3... and that was after keeping up with my excercise and eating well over the weekend and drinking plenty of water!

Okay, I shouldn't be worried... I'm still down by a further 300 gms and down is better then up. I guess I just got spoilt with all those high losses in the first four weeks. 500 grams is the recommended amount to loose per week anyway. I've had the kids home from school and the weather has been lousy so we've been stuck inside the house although I'm still doing my 6 k walk every morning.

Still I hope it's just the monthly water retention cycle us ladies know and love, though I didn't think I was due for it just yet.

Press on and hope things pick up next weigh day.
[/url]

Chaypeta

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress