It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:41 pm

Free Newsletter

Tara's Journey

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Tara's Journey

Postby TaraLouise » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum, but have been floating around the website for quite awhile and I really love the recipes and pointers on healthy weight loss, but I think having my progress noted it will offer me extra motivation, and motivate you all as well.

I'm 22 years old, only about 160 cms in hieght, and I've always been the 'short, plump girl' with my group of friends. I would receive 'compliments' like 'Tara you have such a pretty face', which to me screamed, but the rest of you is disgusting. I reached my heaviest at age 18 when I weighed 67kilos, and size 14 was getting too tight for me. I had a large family, so I felt 'slim' around them, but always felt fat and daggy around my friends and peers. One day at work somebody put in an internal mail envelope cut outs of target and k-mart brochures for fuller women, with a comment in thick black marker 'dress your weight fatty'. That's when I realised that I was bigger than I thought and wasn't dressing for it, nor was I trying to stop the gain. I went up and down with my weight for a further 3 years, when about 18months ago I got serious about it and have gone from 62 kilos to 56 kilos.

Today I still have about 4 kilos to go. I know I am slim and have come so far, but I still have a little pudgy tummy and my thighs need a little bit of toning and slimming. I try to exercise at least 3 times per week, sometimes it's really hard because I have a full-time job and study part-time, plus need to maintain my apartment with my boyfriend, but I do it. He is very supportive, and quite healthy himself. He goes to the gym 4 times a week and eases the load on chores for me so I don't have to choose between study and exercise, there is enough time to do both. Now that it's the final few kilos to go, it's the hardest I have to work to get them off, so I really need support and motivation. I can't tell my boyfriend when I've been bad because he doesn't understand, he grew up in a different lifestyle to myself and doesn't condone binge eating or emotional eating, so I need to admit fault to people like me who can understand my pain and frustration.

Lets finish my journey to a happy state of mind and body image together!
TaraLouise

Re: Tara's Journey

Postby big_love » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:50 pm

Wow Tara...well done on your loss so far! And good on your boy for being supportive and helping you out! How horrible for you with the envelope/picture thing!!! I would have been devestated! Good on you for taking the steps to change your life, and goodluck on your venture to a happy state of mind as well as a hot bod! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
140/117/85
big_love

Postby Tarz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Hi Tara, (i feel like i am writing to myself :lol: )

Sounds like you got some really bad treatment and no one should be treated like that. At least you have come out on top. You have done a fantastic job on weightloss and will plow through to your goal. It makes it so much easier to have a guy that goes to the gym themselves and eats healthily. You've struck gold if he heps you with the chores. Good luck with your final 4.

Tara
Tarz

Postby ali76 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:54 pm

Hi Tara,

That is the most horrible thing....what a gutless pr!ck...to hide behind an envelope.

Anyway, you're better than that, rise above and show them - and anyone else who makes neasty comments about anyone for any reason!!

Well done on all your hard work. I've no dount you'll kick those last 4 kilos!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby TaraLouise » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:43 pm

Thanks guys! Your kind words really make me feel much better :) I never told any of my friends about the letter, it felt like I was admitting I was fat and I didn't want to bring any attention to my size. I had to keep it all in, until now. This forum has lifted a giant weight off my shoulders :D

Easter was definitely a test to my will power, but I had a little bit of a treat with everyone else so I didn't miss out, but I didn't eat the whole bag of chocolate - like I used to.

Yes, the sad thing is I just thought I was bigger than my friends. I wasn't really comfortable, and it was depressing shopping for clothes. I could never buy anything nice and my size was getting too tight, but I didn't think I was 'fat'. I thought I hid it well and that I didn't look that bad. The letter at my office really slapped me in the face, and I hate to admit that without it I may not have cleaned up my act and got healthy. It was just horrible, and I was only 18 years old, so it was horrible for me to think that anybody at my work thought that about me.

I now know it's not just about losing weight, for me anyway, it's about taking control of my eating habits and living a healthier lifestyle. I don't eat the whole bag of chocolate because a) I will put on weight again and b) it's not healthy to eat so much junk. I have a large family and their eating habits influenced the way I was eating myself.

I hope you had a safe and disciplined Easter - but a treat is fine, as long as it's not over indulging :)

Until next time...

Tara
TaraLouise

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:30 am

I'm glad you can look on the bright side of that letter, Tara. I would have been furious and would have reported it to HR. Then I probably would have hunted down the pr1ck who sent it and attacked them with a staple gun. And I'd probably still be crying in the stationery cabinet to this day. You're one tough cookie! Good on you!

You've done amazingly well on your weight-loss journey so far. Good luck with the last couple of kilos. You'll be at your goal weight in no time!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Tarz » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi Tara,

Thought i'd check in and see how your doing. How's you progress going?
Tarz

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Hope you are well!

The hardest part of this weight loss journey truly is the first step...
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby TaraLouise » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Hey guys, I am doing really well, thank you tarz. It has taken me a while to check in! Well I am proud to say I am at 55.1 kilos! To some people it may look like I haven't lost much in that time, but every loss is a loss, and we all know that the final few are the hardest to lose. Although I did go window shopping with my man over the weekend, and I tried on size 10's in a few different articles of clothing and they were all too big! So it might not say much on the scales, but I am slimming down :) I've never felt so healthy and confident in my life, and I'm not all the way there yet!
TaraLouise

Postby lng86 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:40 pm

That's fantastic!

Keep up the great work.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby kittykat84 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Hahah EWQ go the staple gun! Right between the eyes!! hehehe

Well done tara on your loss so far - that's a great achievement. That is such a horrible thing that person did to you - but just think that the joke is on them because they have nothing better to do than make themselves good by putting others down, that is just sad!!

Welcome to the forum - you will find great support and advice here. Good luck shifting those last few kgs! :D
kittykat84

Return to Personal Progress