It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Shopaholic's Weight Loss

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Shopaholic's Weight Loss

Postby shopaholic » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I am a little nervous, but here goes.

Height: 174cm
Weight: 70kg
Goal Weight: 60kg

I have put on 20 kg in the past year and a bit, while I am glad I have my curves and I don't necessarily want to be a stick again, I am sick of the comments I receive. I was a ballet dancer for 13 years of my life, until I injured myself and had to leave the ABA, so I was a stick, and then I could suddenly eat whatever I wanted, and I did. Now it is out of control, so I have to do something. I seem to lack the consistency I need, so I thought if I posted on here once a week, then maybe I might stay committed.

Looking at all of your diaries, you guys have done so well, you must be so proud!

Shopaholic
xx
[/url]
shopaholic

Re: Shopaholic's Weight Loss

Postby ali76 » Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi shopaholic!

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. I danced for 12 years (not quite to ABA standard) so i understand the imapct of having to stop - but still eating what you used to.

My mum tells me she paid a lot of money for my ballet legs!! Leotards, tights, classes, costumes - not to mention 600 different shoes!!

How long ago did you have to quit? I bet you miss it.

Are you able to do any other exercise now? Swimming perhaps?

Anyway, best of luck for your weightloss!

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi Shopaholic, welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear you had an injury, but don't let it stop you finding something that you can still be active doing!
All the best
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby shopaholic » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:29 am

Hi Ali and Dawn,

Thanks for the welcome. I had to give up dancing 2 years ago when I was 16. Well done Ali, 12 years. Don't know how many pairs of shoes I went through, certain it was a lot, not to mention the kilometres of ribbon, tonnes of sequins and enough hair gel to fill an olympic-sized swimming pool hehehe.

I'm sort of at the final recuperation stage at the moment, so I swim a lot (am a swimming teacher) and can go walking and light jogging (although sometimes its pushing it a bit), and I go on the bike. Good news, the doctor has said I will be able to dance again, obviously not pointe (have to say I don't miss the blisters), so thats another reason I am trying to lose the weight!

Well, I sort of think that my goal of losing 10kgs is a little daunting at the moment, so I have decided to set a smaller part-goal of 65, and when I get there I will treat myself to a facial and getting my nails done.

Oh, I also do that mystery shopping thing, and I have decided to turn down all the fast-food assignments I am offered. I actually think that's part of my problem, I can't seem to say no when its free, but I will now stand firm!

Well, thats it for now, think I will go for a ride, see if I can get 10kms again.

Cya
xx
[/url]
shopaholic

Postby ali76 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:38 pm

You're a gal after my own heart!!!

How did you get into mystery shopping??? I'd LOVE that!! But yeah - I'd need to stay away from fast food - unless it's sushi of course!!

I think breaking down your goal is a great idea. I started at 75.5 kilos and wanted to lose 10 - and you're right, it's very daunting, so my first thought was to get under 70 then keep going.

With your swimming and goal of dancing again, I know you can do this!

Oh yeah - don't miss the blisters and bloody toes either!!! :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Return to Personal Progress