It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

From Bootie to Booties

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

From Bootie to Booties

Postby Booties » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:56 pm

well i worked out properly for the first time in many weeks on Saturday :) It was great. I loved it. I am aching a little bit from it, but I am happy I worked out. So I am aiming for 3-5 days a week workout. I use to be a sprinter and athlete back in primary school and a bit of high school and i m missing that feeling of being able to run very fast! cos atm i can't hehe well maybe a little bit but i am older and less fit.

I am doing H.I.I.T on the treadmill, which is full on and tiring hehe i get my heart rate up to 150 i think it was the other night. And I have been doing pushups, crunches, squats and weights :) I am drinking water again, well trying to, and making healthier snacks and meals.

Today my foods are:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Morning Tea: 16 almonds (unsalted) and 1 small apple
Lunch: turkish lamb burger (turkish bread, home made lamb rissole, red onion, lettuce, tzaziki), Mt Dew Can
Afternoon Tea: celery and light crunch peanut butter
Dinner: 2 Fat free hot dogs.

And hopefully between 1.5-2.5L water.

I got out my running shoes last night. I wore them last, when I was in grade 10 I think. Which was like 8yrs ago. They still fit! And although I cannot wear them on the treadmill (due to spikes and studs) i am using them as motivation. When I smell them, they still smell like new shoes and remind me of athletics carnivals, and the feeling of the track, and the emotions of the day. I am using that to get myself to work out etc.

And we went to the market on the weekend to get fruit and veges and they are yummy and cheap :) Plus we now own a George Foreman Grill and George Foreman Slow Cooker :)

But yeah I am gunna keep everyone updated, well mainly for me, so I can keep track, and hopefully so someone can keep my accountable :p But if anyone wants to see how I am going, its on here for that purpose :)

Thankssssssssssssssss

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Re: From Bootie to Booties

Postby Siana-leah » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:43 pm

Hey Rachel.
I sent u a message....the thing finally let me!!
Sounds like ur throwing urself into things!
I do HIIT on the exercise bike...i really love doing it cos u can push urself further.
Doing well though by the sounds of it. Keep it up! :D :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Booties » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:26 pm

hooray i like receiving messages :)

Tonight I did my HIIT and crunches, pushups, weights and squats.

ANNNNNNND I drank 1.5L of water, and atm I am sipping on 500ML more :)

I am only having 2 hot dogs tonight (the fat free ones) which may be a challenge in itself, cos I use to have 3. But I know I can do it.

I have a friend at work who has kinda motivated me. Well I motivated her to begin with, but now she motivates me. Although I do not agree with her methods, as they seem to be quite unhealthy (diet wise), but she certainly has determination in workouts and limitations foodwise.

I am going to be Matron of honour next August September (2009) and I will be either pregnant or thin :)

Thanks for listening :p

Peace Out

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:43 pm

Good on you! Sounds like you've got your diet and your exercise totally under control. I'm sure you'll be absolutely gorgeous by the wedding, whether it's by losing weight or gaining a baby-belly. Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Booties » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 am

Feeling good today. Not really in a work mood ha ha But hey, it keeps me busy.

Feeling less achy today compared to yesterday, I spose my workout last night helped fix that :)

I am quite proud of myself, as we had to do grocery shopping last night and I still managed to workout before dinner :)

Tonight I will workout again :) I will do so every night, cept Friday night (cos a friend is coming over) and the weekend, I never workout on the weekend, unless I want to :)

Dinner tonight, well, I believe its pasta, cos we forgot to get the slow cooker ready oops.

Today's foods:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and a glass of water
Morning Tea: 16 almonds and 1 small apple
Lunch: turkish lamb burger (turkish bread, home made lamb rissole, red onion, lettuce, tzaziki)
Afternoon Tea: celery and light crunchy peanut butter
Dinner: organic pasta with a pasta stir through. 1 serving
Supper: Chai Tea Latte (made with soy milk)

Drinks: 1.5L+ and 1-2 La glasses Ice Maxi

Feeling happy :) and good about how committed I am right now. Oh I did receive headaches yesterday afternoon after my 1.5L water. Is that normal? Or is it my body adjusting. I dunno.

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Not sure if that's normal or not. As long as you didn't drink that 1.5L of water in one hit I can't see that amount of water doing you harm. It might be a change in seasons, stress or anything. If the headaches continue I'd see your GP.

You're doing great with your eating and your work-outs. You must be feeling brilliant with all those healthy changes to your lifestyle!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Booties » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:17 am

I do feel great :D

Didn't work out last night, as I thought it might be good to have 1 rest night. But tonight I am back into it. I am already feeling better about myself, and will weigh in on Saturday :)

Been having scrambled eggs every breakfast this week so far, which is different for me, as I usually have cereal. I wonder what calorie kings says about eggs. I am not going by calorie king like i have in the past, i just find that i have no time to put all my foods in and when i remember to, its like too late.

Today's foods are:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and a glass of water
Morning Tea: 16 almonds, 1 small apple and a jarrah chai latte (just add water)
Lunch: one of those health food meals you heat up. I believe its Apricot Chicken
Afternoon Tea: celery and light crunchy peanut butter
Dinner: Swordfish on the george foreman grill, with steamed veges on rice (I think)

Drinks: 1.5L+ and 1 glass of LA Ice Maxi

Tonight's workout:

3 sets of 30 bicycle crunches.
2 sets of 10 woman pushups
2 sets of 20 squats
Plank for 30seconds

2 sets of 20 weights (all types)
2 sets of 20 calf raises
2 sets of 10 Lunges with weights

H.I.I.T on the treadmill. Speed of 3km/h for about 1.5mins and then speed of 12km/h for 30seconds. Repeat 4-5 times.

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby lng86 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:42 pm

Hi Rachel!

I didn't even know it was you!!!

Glad to see you back. Hope you are well.

Can't wait to read up on your progress again.

Hugs,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Booties » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:34 pm

well I didn't get to do my workout as planned.

Hubby's old school friend was down and so we went to a mates place, and just got home. Will have to try and workout tomorrow night to make up for the past two nights. But I feel great still.

Cannot wait to see how much I weigh on Saturday. I haven't worked out much (but better than nothing) although I have eaten better :)

Hi Lauren! Yeah I thouht I would try a disguise but have now decided against it :p I wanted to start fresh completely, but here I am :p

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Booties » Thu May 01, 2008 11:55 am

It is May....already!!!! Can you believe it!

This year is just flying by, which is good and bad.

We plan to move house in September, as we have been living in 1/2 of a Duplex for the past 2yrs, which is quite small, and no backyard and its in a complex which for me is getting just a bit too close for comfort.

So we plan to move and rent in a house in Sept. Not sure where yet, but we are going to look at a 4 bedroom place with a nice yard and near a train station :) I am looking forward to that.

I am also looking forward to July. Why? cos I finally get to have a week off work. I am soo looking forward to that. We will prolly go to the gold coast the weekend and then relax for the week, maybe fishing, a restaurant at Mt Mee, its got a fireplace in the middle and its soo cozy atop that country mountain :)

Today's foods are:

Breakfast: half a bowl of Special K (advanced) with soy milk, 1 glass water, 1 chai latte on soy (McDonalds) and 1 piece of banana bread (also McDonalds) - not a very good effort today, but I needed a bigger breakfast and didn't have time to make one.
Morning Tea: 17 almonds, 1 small apple.
Lunch: mustard chicken (microwave meal, healthy one).
Afternoon Tea: celery with light crunch peanut butter.
Dinner: Swordfish on the george foreman grill, with steamed veges on rice (because I didn't get to have it last night, were at a mates place.)

Drinks: 1.5L+ water and 1 glass LA Ice Maxi

I shall attempt last nights workout as well since I missed out:

3 sets of 30 bicycle crunches.
2 sets of 10 woman pushups
2 sets of 20 squats
Plank for 30seconds

2 sets of 20 weights (all types)
2 sets of 20 calf raises
2 sets of 10 Lunges with weights

H.I.I.T on the treadmill. Speed of 3km/h for about 1.5mins and then speed of 12km/h for 30seconds. Repeat 4-5 times.

Oh I need new shoes and an esky. So I will pop over to the shops at lunch time :) 12pm YAY

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Thu May 01, 2008 12:24 pm

mmmmm banana bread tasty!

You are going great with the exercise, keep that up for sure. I find when i change my eating habits round a bit it shifts the weight too, especially if i eat less processed foods and don't drink soft drinks. Even when somehting is fat free n stuff it could still be laden with bad stuff :( so fresh is best i guess (hey that rhymes!)

good luck keep up the great work girly :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Cac33 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Hey Rach

I know what you mean about time flying!! Can't believe how fast this year has gone!! I'm on a count down till I go to Vietnam later this month.

I recently moved into a 4 bedroom house & it has a massive backyard but the grass grows so quickly!! Good work out though, I won't let hubby do it as I can burn more cals than just walking!! haha gotta see the positive side I guess!

Good luck with the work out tonight!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Booties » Thu May 01, 2008 1:01 pm

I WANT TO MOW!!! That would be awesome. Get a tan while at it :p

So now i have a new thing to look forward to, a yard to mow :)

Thanks for the welcome again Candy :) Yeah I am drinking much more water which took a bit to get use to but now i can polish off 1.5L by 2pm :) YAY

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Cac33 » Fri May 02, 2008 12:14 pm

Hey Rach how did you work out go yesterday?
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Booties » Fri May 02, 2008 5:27 pm

ha ha ha well the thing is with life, you cannot plan how your days or evenings turn out. I didn't workout. We had to to go shops and by the time we got back and ate dinner it was late. I was going to work out today, but the car had to get its lower radiator hose replaced and took alot longer than anticipated. So i only just got home, and have to cook dinner for tonite, when my mate from work comes over.

TOMORROW my friends is the workout day once again. I HOPE!

Today's Foods

Breakfast: 2 small croissants with fat-free ham and lite & tastey cheese, 1 glass of water
Morning Tea: 1 milk bottle lollie and 1 chicko baby lollie
Lunch: chicken sandwich with pasta salad and cheese.
Afternoon Tea: chai latte on soy (zaraffas YUM!) and a mini lemon merange.
Dinner: Lamb Korma (cooked in slow cooker), home made naan bread, pappadums, rice.
Snacks: BBQ & Original Chips (not much of each)
Dessert: unknown, my friend is bringing that :)

Drinks: 2 glasses of water (slack), 1 pepsi max can, 2-3 glasses of diet vanilla coke (maybe bacardi aswell)

Hey, I gotta have a bit of freedom sometimes :p and its a special occassion, my mate is coming for dinner :)

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Next

Return to Personal Progress