It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

From Bootie to Booties

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: From Bootie to Booties

Postby Cac33 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:06 pm

Looking good Rach! Well done so far on giving meat the flick & taking on board so many veggies without pasta/rice.

Nice work out too!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Booties » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Well I am not sure about what the change is but I can feel it coming :p

I am loving this vege regime.

Today I nearly bought a chocolate. But instead i kept my mind on the goal and the fact that my work-mate who weighed the same, is now lighter and she doesnt eat chocolate anymore. So instead i had my apple and lots of water. And i was so proud that i didnt get any chocolate.

Also last night i nearly didnt workout but felt so bad, cos here i am trying complaining about not losing weight and if i hadnt worked out then that would be why, and there are people on here who i look up to cos they are losing weight, but they are also working out all the time. And hubby also encouraged me. So i did my reggae-funk dance 15mins of it :) soo sweaty hehe.

Tonight i did some weights and exercises. I had steamed veges for dinner, while hubby made a plate full of home cooked wedges.

I am hoping to reach the 70s by Friday :) Which will be a huge lot of happiness :)

Thanks for your comments people :)

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Yay good on on you rach!! Its all those little decisions you make-avoiding chocolate, doing a work out when you don't really feel like it that add up to being the difference between loosing weight and not, so its great to hear you're on the right track again :D
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Booties » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Thanks Jane :) its very encouraging.

I have found that with all i eat each day, i am having about 10g of fat, give or take a few, which is awesome! my carbs are high though, mainly cos they are in the vegies, but i dont mind, i like them carbs better than other types hehe

i m drinking 6 glasses of water or more a day and loving it!

I have been working out each night this week, and feel bad when i dont.

I have been eating my veges and loving it, didnt even have the home made wedges hubby hadlast night, instead i steamed myself some vegies :) yum

I have noticed my weight go down every day, and i know i shouldnt weigh every day but i like doing it

I am also noticing my body thinning out, and toning up from workout out. I feel heaps better and healthy. ITS GREAT

Havent felt this way for ages.

Inlaws are staying over fri night and then sat i m taking my mate and her daughter shopping for baby clothes yay her daughter is soo cute :)

ummm yeah cannot wait till work is over :)

Life is good right now :)

Love your veges!!!

Take Care *hug*

p.s thanks for the support

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 pm

Thats fantastic to hear :D :D :D And if you ever move to where you were talking about a while ago you can come train with me at my gym :P I've been a bit slack this week with cardio and seriously need to improve in that area but its all part of the process :) Hope you have a great weekend and have lots of fun shopping for baby stuff
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Booties » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:48 am

WOOT!!! I reached the 70s. I am 79.7kgs :) its all paying off.

We went to shops last night, and i nearly got a chocolate, but it appears i have become a slave to good eating ha ha and i couldnt do it. I didnt even buy softdrink.

We cooked for dinner, tofu, chinese noodles, broccoli, carrot, onion and mushroom, with terryaki sauce :) we got the wrong kind of tofu as it was the soft kind, we needed a more form one oh well it still tasted great!

I even did my dance workout again, i am really loving it.

I am feeling great! Lets see this weight come off!!!

Hope i eat well tonight, inlaws are over and i thnk we are getting pizza but i might see if i can order a salad. :)

Have a great Friday!!!!

p.s i am nearly half way :)

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Indi3 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:24 am

Congrats on getting to the 70's! That's wonderful! What a mile stone! Now just keep going for the goal!

As for dinner tonight, perhaps order something tastey but not fatty.. eating a salad while there is yummy pizza around could cause temptation.. maybe you could make taco's for your self or something else that appears naughty but that is actually really healthy and tastey.

Anyway your doing great! Have a great night and weekend!

Indi :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 am

you sound like your going great rach! Keep up the great work. Its good your carbs are coming from the right places but i would up your protein intake a bit is youre working out and lower the carbs a bit. Same with fats, but intake of good fats.

woohoo go you reaching the 70s!! thats fantastic. You'll be at goal in no time the way your going :)

xxx
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby Booties » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:41 am

oh how do i increase my protein levels? does that help with working out? how?

The only carbs i seem to be getting are from veges :) pretty much :) and i am fine with that

man i wish it was 5pm already!!!

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:03 pm

just eat an egg, or a small can of tuna etc. You should be eating about 5-7 cups of veggies a day so probably u just need to increase your protein a bit, basically because when you work out you rip your muscles, then the protein helps repair them and grow new muscles. Lean chicken (like the shaved low fat one u get from the supermarket) is also good to snack on.

Protein also keeps u fuller for longer, you need good fats in your diet more than saturdated fats (obviously) so a hand full of almonds is good protein/good fat source.

I usually eat either a can of tuna, an egg the next day, maybe some natural yoghurt another day etc.

Me too!bring on hot smouldering beach weather i say!
candycane

Postby Booties » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:49 pm

i am not eating meats atm silly hehe but i eat eggs and kidney beans :) and tofu :)

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:46 pm

so ur vegetarian? do u eat fish? tofu is also good for protein source i think. Beans are awesome especially being high in fibre they fill u up. Make sure u eat lots of dark green leafy vegetables for iron (spinich etc), otherwise u may need to take a supplement.

Otherwise, make urself some smoothies with a banana, some natural yoghurt and skim milk or something. Theres protein shakes but be careful because a lot of them have high carbohydrate which u dont want.

You can still eat the nuts and natural yoghurt and stuff though. I like natural yoghurt because its fairly low in carbs and fat. You should be eating atlesat 2-3 serves each of protein/dairy/fat, 3-5 serves of complex carbs (wholemeal bread etc 1 slice is one serve) 5-7 veggies, 2 fruit servings. If that helps u any as a guideline.
candycane

Postby Booties » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:46 pm

yeah i am eating tofu and beans and cabbage and spinach :) i have a banana smoothie every morning. And i am eating everything but meat. Mainly vege though oh and no bread. Just don't like it much :)

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Booties » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:40 am

Hi, this is Rachel reporting (ha ha)

How are you all? I am doing great!!!! (besides needing to pee every 5mins ha ha good on ya water)

The past weekend I really impressed myself. I went to the shops with a mate on Saturday, and for lunch i had one of those salads at maccas and the lean beef burger meal with water (yes i had 1 meal of meat, only 1). So did my friend! And then she wanted to go get lollies, and i came with her and well i am happy to say i walked out with no lollies, and i didnt even want any :)

Hubby and I have discovered Vege burgers (the patties) from Coles. They are awesome! Its mainly potato, peas, corn and other veges, and we are going to start making them at home too. We have them on turkish bread with wombok, red onion, light mayo, reduced fat fetta and tomato :) YUM!!!

On friday night, the inlaws came over. We ordered pizza capers. Now i think i had like 5-6 pieces, but they were from a vegetarian pizza and a euro pizza (eggplant, friend tomato etc) NO MEAT!

For lunch yesterday i had a kebab, a felafel kebab!!!Tasted soo nice.

I love vegetables, they are so pretty and yummy and for like 50 bucks we got so many veges and fruit that they dont fit in our fridge :) NIIIICE.

After all that, i managed to lose 100g over the weekend :) its been so long since i have lost weight over the weekends.

Workouts now i have changed that a bit. Monday/Wednesday/Friday are all dance nights. This week its afro latin monday and friday and reggae funk on wednesday. (next week reggae funk mon and fri with afro latin wed). Its a great workout, bout 15-20mins but it gets me sweating and it stretches ur whole body :) i love it.

Now for tuesday and thursday they are my weights and calisthenics nights. I love them just as much.

I am speeding down this runway!!! My first goal is 75kg - the reward? trying my wedding dress on again, as at this weight i will be smaller than i was when i got married 2.5yrs ago. After that its 70kgs :) and unsure of the reward yet. My ultimate goal is 65kgs.

I am noticing a change in my appearance, and i am feeling so much more healthy with eating better.

Thanks for the support guys it means heaps.

Luv ya *hug*

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby candycane » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:33 am

hey darl, how's it all going? Awesome job about the veggies. Your body will be loveing u at the moment. Your going to end up being an afro funky chicken soon soing all these dance videos :) really cutting up the dance floor.

Hope your going well x
candycane

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress