It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:25 am

Free Newsletter

B'sgirl's Battle

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

B'sgirl's Battle

Postby B'sgirl » Tue May 13, 2008 5:05 pm

Hi all,

Well I joined about a month ago & I've been reading most peoples threads & I thought I'd join in with my own journey.
So....a bit about myself.

I am 34, married to the most gorgeous, unselfish, generous man,(who I still adore after 7 years together!) I have four kids, (three of my own & a stepson) & I work part time as a waitress. I'm 157cm & I currently weigh in at 65.3kgs. Since the birth of my last child in Feb 06, I've went from 84kgs down to 59.6kgs in about 18months (slowly but surely! :) ) In the last four months I have crept back up to almost 66kgs & my goal is to get back to about 55kgs. I have been 50-52kgs before (B4 kids) but felt it too hard to maintain so 55kgs would be quite sufficient or a size 8-10.

So, my past has been a series of ups & downs, as most people will relate. I had a good upbringing with four siblings & growing up in Sydney. I had always been a "chubba" as a child & it didn't change much when I entered my teens. When I was 15, my parents moved to a small coastal town. From then things took a turn for the worst. To edit a long story I went from; dieting stupidly (i.e. starvation & Ford pills) to bingeing & purging to more laxative abuse. I know, stupid! :roll:
After I hit my twenties I seemed to have it under control & had a few good years of not worrying too much about my appearance. Then I spent four years in an abusive relationship & things just fell apart. After I came out of that, I suffered very low self-esteem which then stared me on the alcohol/drugs cycle.

After moving back to Sydney & in another crap relationship, I fell pregnant which, basically saved my life! I moved back home with my parents & started taking proper care of myself & my unborn child.

This is when I met my husband, who I had known for about 10 years (same circle friends) & we started seeing each other. He has been my son's Dad since day one. Anyhow..... to cut a long short,we got married & had two more kids. I developed post-natal with my second child & third children & I have only just in the last six months come out of it.

So, my journey of ups & downs (both emotionally & physically) continues here with my weight loss plight. I know I can do it, safely & surely. I have the equipment & I have the knowledge so there is NO EXCUSE!!! Tomorrow I am picking up my treadmill to add to my mini home gym. Tonight I am jumping back on my cross-trainer. Slowly but surely! :D

If you have read this far than thanks for listening(reading?) I hope I haven't gabbed on to much.

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Re: B'sgirl's Battle

Postby Cac33 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:23 pm

Welcome to the forum. Here you will find plenty of supportive people to help you along your journey.

Thank you for sharing your story, it takes courage. Good luck with your goals & I look forward to reading your progress.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby B'sgirl » Wed May 14, 2008 8:44 am

Thanks Cass,

I have been reading your progress & you have done so well!You must be so proud of yourself :D I hope to start the C25k program soon as I have read such great reviews.

I have started the day off well so far. I have taken my vitamins/herbs (Naturopath approved) & consumed 500mls water so far. About to go & make a scrummy brekkie of poached egg, tomato & mushrooms & one slice wholegrain bread w/nuttelex olive spread. :wink:

Better go & get the kids ready for school too!

I will update my day later.

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Cac33 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:24 am

I would highly recommend the C25K program. Its very motivating & has really helped me start my training for the b2b race in September. If you decide to do the program you should join Tara & I's challenge, the thread is under the challenges section called Cass & Taras C25k challenge. I'm starting week 2 today so you wouldn't be far behind us at all.

Your breaky sounds yummy!! Hope you enjoyed it!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby lng86 » Wed May 14, 2008 11:27 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You sound like you most definitely have a great plan.

Yell out if you have any questions.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 14, 2008 12:51 pm

Welcome to the forum, B'sgirl! It sounds like you've been through a lot. I'm glad that you've got your life on track and you're ready to make positive changes. Good luck with your weight loss journey! I hope you have a lot of fun on the way. :)
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shelbel » Wed May 14, 2008 4:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the world of personal progress! Sounds like you have been through your share of lifes ups and downs.

Good luck on your journey and jump in where ever you feel comfy! :wink:
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby B'sgirl » Wed May 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Thanks everyone for making me feel at home & thankyou for the well wishes. :D

I picked up my treadie today. Two hour drive to get there & then they gave me the wrong one! :x I knew they would as when I lay-byed it, it was the last one & reduced from a massive $1500 down to $600 & I said to the lady at the lay-by counter if she would like me to find a staff member to put it away & she said (quite firmly I might add) "No, I will organise it!" When my man & I left the store, I said to him,"I betcha they stuff it up & we'll get given a different one!". Sure enough, that's what happened. The poor back dock guys, they loaded it into my car before I realised & they had to unload it & search for my one! Luckily they located it some 25mins later!

Anyway, alls good now so tonight I'm gonna get my man to assemble it! :D :D :D

Diet-wise I ate pretty well for snacks & lunch & tonight we're having fish & copious amounts of salad!

Have a great night everyone & thanks again for the support! :D

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby holly80 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:59 pm

have fun on your treadie..... Oh i would have been so angry if that had happened to me. just think of the outcome. I really wanna get a treadmill. But they are to expensive for me....

well done on eating well today.....

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby B'sgirl » Thu May 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Hi all! :D

Well, had a crap day at work, one of the girls I work with can be a real b***ch sometimes! Like, I know what to do in the morning in regards to setting up ready for the customers, but she just has to get her little snappish comments in there & in front of everyone too!! :x :x :x Grrrrr!!!

What makes it worst is that I just want to reach for comfort food to get over it! But I will not let her get to me!!! I will take my frustrations out on the cross-trainer!!!

Anyway, I was running late this morning so just managed to have a protein shake & a banana for brekkie with a skim cuppa on the go. Lunch was homemade vegie soup & multigrain toast with nuttelex olive spread. Snacks, piece of fruit. Oh & I have managed 1litre water so far. 8) So pretty good so far!

I've gotta go & get the kids off the bus soon so I'll finish up now & post later with my exercise for the day.

Ciao for now,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby B'sgirl » Fri May 16, 2008 5:59 pm

Just about to duck off to work & thought I'd update.

Update on exercise - 20mins on croo-trainer last night & some floor work (abs, pushups etc)
Update on food - not so good, had cheese supreme dorito's today & a handful peanut m&m's :cry:

Anyway, not gonna beat myself up about it, dust myself off & jump back on! :D

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby B'sgirl » Fri May 16, 2008 6:00 pm

Sorry, that was meant to say cross-trainer not croo-trainer! :lol: :lol:

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat May 17, 2008 9:44 pm

Well, you did a good amount of exercise so that's good at least! I'm sure you managed to burn off all the calories you ate so don't worry about it. I'm sure you'll do great this week!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby B'sgirl » Sun May 18, 2008 1:06 am

Hi all,

Yep, definitely burnt off those cals, EWQ! :D I was a little sore yesterday morning! It's been sooo long since I jumped on that thing I'd forgotten what it felt like! :o

Tonight after I got home from work, my man & his mate were in the shed setting up the treadmill that I had just purchased, MAN it was good! 8) It goes pretty fast, well I think it's fast, 16kph max, is that fast? It has electronic incline of up to 15% too & a built-in tv! :wink: I can't wait to use it tomorrow!

Had to do a split shift at work today & I'm buggered now so I'm off to bed! Goodnight all!

Ciao for now,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Booties » Sun May 18, 2008 1:35 am

wow tht treadmill sounds awesome. Mine only goes to 12km/h and no tv :p

i hope u have a ball on it :) i am going to try and use mine more nowadays :p