It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:42 pm

Free Newsletter

B'sgirl's Battle

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: B'sgirl's Battle

Postby B'sgirl » Mon May 19, 2008 3:17 pm

Thanks Booties I will! :D

Well, yesterday we spent about 5 hours doing the lawns (huge block). Hubby whipper snipped, I mowed & after mowing we raked up the lawns (no catcher on mower) & barrowed the clippings up the back of yard!All in all, it took about 15 barrow loads to finish the job! Man I'm sore today, not to mention blisters from the rake! :( But I'm glad we did it. It was a mess! It hadn't been done since January! :shock:

Anyhow, tonight I'm working so I'm gonna try & fit in 20mins on CT before I go.

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Cac33 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:33 pm

Wow 5 hours!!! Thats massive! It takes me about an hour to do ours & I thought that was bad!! I take my hat off to you.
I checked calorie king & you burn more cals mowing the lawn than walking so think how much you would have burnt off!! Woohoo well done chicky
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby milkyway » Mon May 19, 2008 6:11 pm

Your week is off to a huge start with 5 hours of mowing and raking clippings! how did you pull up today? Hope you're not too sore.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby B'sgirl » Tue May 20, 2008 11:25 am

Hi all,

Sorry guys, I should have mentioned that we spent about five hours out in the yard which included tidying up the tree branches, doing a bit of potting & watering, burning some wood, stopping for lunch & having an afternoon cuppa. I didn't spend five hours mowing. Imagine that!I wouldn't be standing today! :shock:

Cass, I reckon I would've burnt heaps of cals too! :D
Milkyway, my hands were the sorest as the mower has no muffler on it & it's so noisy it vibrates the hell outta ya! Made my hands puff up with fluid! Then the blisters from the raking! :(

But its all good!Feel much better today & I've got today & tomorrow rostered off work so I'm going to use my time productively. I've got my little boy with me so I think we will venture to the park & have a run around. :D

Last year I had some success on a program called Celebrity Slim. Basically a meal replacement program but not as strict as others. You can still have healthy fats (i.e. nuts) & yoghurt as well as bananas & cheese. I'm usually skeptical on programs like this, but as I said before I had great success when all else had failed. So the point I'm getting at is, that today, I am kickstarting my weight-loss with a re-start on the program. Besides I have three weeks worth of shakes leftover in my pantry that I need to use up so I may as well give it a go!

So I will update my progress as the day goes on.

Thanks for reading,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 20, 2008 1:39 pm

That's a huge amount of garden work, B'sgirl. Well done! I hope you and your son have a brilliant time down the part tomorrow. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue May 20, 2008 10:14 pm

And just think - in a month or so you can do it all again :P

Gotta love nature!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby B'sgirl » Thu May 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Hi all,

Well, I managed to get through yesterday & tuesday on the shakes ok. Except I met my sister at a cafe for lunch & had a couple scones with all the trimmings! :( But not to worry as I managed 25mins of interval training on my new treadie! WOW! I never knew that they were so much fun! I felt great afterwards & it really made me work up a sweat! Probably won't be saying that in a months time though! LOL :lol:

On a personal note, today I got my period & I was shocked as it has only been three weeks since I last had TTOM. :? I am usually pretty spot on with the regularity of mine (every 30 days) so I'm wondering if the start of exercise could have brought them on? Anyways, I suppose I just have to roll with it, nothing I can do really! :roll:

Ok, so far todays meal plan;

Caramel shake + 600mls water w/vitamins
small apple + 12 almonds & 250mls water
HUGE salad w/avocado, mushrooms, cherry toms, cuey & celery & light ceasar dressing & goats fetta + 500mls water
banana shake + 250mls water
1 cup skim coffee (morning)
2 cups skim decaf coffee (arvo)
250mls water

For dinner tonight I'm having;

Grilled chicken breast w/lemon & thyme
spinach, cauli, broccoli & button squash (steamed)
2x glasses water (500mls)

After dinner;

3x Double D caramel chews
1x skim decaf

So, I've got my plan I just have to stick to it. I'm signing off now so I can go & get dinner ready.

Thanks for reading,

B'sgirl :D
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri May 23, 2008 11:41 am

Given how good you've been with your diet I think a couple of scones aren't going to do too much damage! You're doing really well in both diet and exercise. Good on you and keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:53 am

B'sgirl wrote:Tonight after I got home from work, my man & his mate were in the shed setting up the treadmill that I had just purchased, MAN it was good! 8) It goes pretty fast, well I think it's fast, 16kph max, is that fast? It has electronic incline of up to 15% too & a built-in tv! :wink: I can't wait to use it tomorrow!

That's one fancy tready you have there. I built in tv- no excuses not to use it now :P

What shake program are you on?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby B'sgirl » Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi all! :D

Ali, I think you're right about the scones Vs exercise! I always crave cakey things when I'm due for TTOM so I didn't worry too much!

Bella, the treadie I got was an absolute bargain! We weren't even looking for one when my man & I saw it at Kmart on spesh for $599 down from $1499! :shock: That's why we got it cos' it was just too good to pass up! I'm on the Celebrity slim program. I've got the Tony Ferguson booklet & the CS program is pretty much the same albeit for a few extra food allowances. I'm not really one for a meal replacement program, but I had a fair bit of success with the program last year & I still have three boxes of the stuff in my pantry that I needed to use up so I thought ,"What the hell!" I may as well use them as a kickstart if for anything else! :wink:

So, today's plan;

strawberry shake
skim coffee
500mls water
vitamins

1x small mandarin
12x almonds
500mls water

For lunch I'm having my usual salad (see yesterday)
250mls water w/added fibre

choc mint shake
250mls water
skim decaf

I have to start work at 6pm tonight & Hubby's taking the kids out for pizza so I don't need to worry about cooking dinner. I think I'll have a veggie omelette before I start work & a huge salad. Oh, and some more water! :D

Exercise-wise, my little boy will hopefully go down for a snooze & I'll go into the shed for another interval training session on the treadie!
If he doesn't have a sleep then I'll jump on my CT as it's parked in the lounge room. So really no excuses girl, move your arse & just DO it! :lol:

Ciao for now guys!

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby B'sgirl » Sun May 25, 2008 8:18 pm

Ok Guys,

I weighed in a few days early & somehow I've managed to drop another 600gms since last thursday?! :shock: Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining! I'll still take it, thankyou! :mrgreen:

It's TTOM so maybe it was just fluid retention but as I just said, I aint complaining! :D

So, yesterday I managed to go all right diet wise..........until the evening! Half a block of cadbury's turkish delight chocolate!(dipped into my coffee so it's all melty, mmmmmmm!!!) Plus I managed no exercise either! I worked today & I was around so much tempting food but I managed to stick great guns to my diet but I haven't exercised as yet. Think I'll jump on my CT in a minute after I put the cherubs to bed. Even if I get in 20 mins, I'll feel better for it.

I know that as each day passes it gets easier, but it's just that initial getting past the first few days that's a killer for me! :evil:

So the plan for tomorrow is to keep going with the shakes & start back on light soy milk in my cuppa's (have been drinking skim for half my life) as I'm still having probs with my liver (fatty liver) & my naturopath recommended to avoid as much cows product as possible. The shakes I'm on have milk solids in them but she said that it wasn't enough to worry about. Also, have to keep up with the minimun 2 litres filtered water per day.

Well, until next time,

:D ciao for now,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby milkyway » Sun May 25, 2008 8:50 pm

Great stuff B'sgirl! Keep it up. I don't know how you manage to do it all with kids. I find it hard enough to just look after myself! Don't worry about the Turkish Delight (mmm - that's my poison too). Just keep moving forward :)

All the best :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby B'sgirl » Tue May 27, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi All! :D

Well had a bit of a blow-out these last couple of days. Even though I managed 6kms on my CT sunday night, yeasterday I started the day with good intentions, then gave in to icecream & chocolate last night! :cry: Today I've stuck to a plan & hopefully I'll counter attack my bad decisions that I've made.

Going to do another 20mins intense on CT tonight while watching my fave show, 'Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares'. I lurve that guy! He's soooo entertaining to watch! Sometimes I wish I could have the balls to tell people exactly what I thought!

Anyway, I'm off now to go & get the kids off the bus.

ciao for now,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby lng86 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:56 am

My greatest advice would be to take each day as it comes.

You're doing amazingly well - and a little chocolate never killed anyone!

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 28, 2008 1:40 pm

A little icecream and chocolate won't cause that much damage in the long run. Provided you don't make a habit of them of course!

Speaking of habits, you're doing really well with your cross trainer. It's great that you're doing it so regularly. They're great to use while watching TV aren't they?
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress