It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:52 am

Free Newsletter

B'sgirl's Battle

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: B'sgirl's Battle

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:17 pm

hi hayley

sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to hear he's okay & will be home today :)

sass
sassi

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:48 am

Good on your mum for listening to her instincts and common sense rather than listen to your father. She did really well in getting him to hospital as soon as she knew there was a problem! If more people in Australia took a leaf out of her book there would be many more survivors of heart attacks.

I'm so glad he's well enough to come home today. I think he needs a bit of fussing over! If he really hates it that much it might make him even more determined to avoid this situation again! :wink:

I hope he recovers well. My best wishes go to you and your family. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:32 am

sorry 2 hear about your dad, glad he's doing well now.
Strawberry

Postby Tarz » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:41 am

THats good to hear that your dad will be okay and that your mum is a smart cookie and made him go to the hospital. I hope everyone remains healthy and you don't get any more scares like this.
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:50 am

Hayley sorry to hear about your dad but glad he is on the mend & is coming home today. It really is a wake up call when something like that happens. I think your dad would be very thankful that your Mum didn't listen to him & made him go to hospital before it got worse.

Take care chicky xx
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby B'sgirl » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks Lovely Ladies for your well wishes, it really does mean alot to me.

I just got back from visiting Dad & what a shock! He looks so frail & gray. He has alot of bruises also from all of the tubes & whatnot. But he is much happier being in his own home & his cat, Nelson, is aswell! He just won't leave him alone!

Anyway, I've been really good today & yesterday. Lately I've been starting the day off with good intentions, then come dinner time & I fail dismally! But yesterday I managed pretty well, even after staying up till nearly midnight waiting for Hubby to get home from work. My tummy was really struggling but I didn't cave, I had a jarrah choc-o-lait & that seemed to settle my cravings. :wink:
I ordered some more shakes but decided to try Kate Morgan instead as the White Chocolate, Choc Orange & Butterscotch flavours intrigued me. They arrived today & I must say, they are quite palatable! (Ha-Ha!I sound so posh! ) :lol:

I have my daughter's 5th b'day party at Macca's tomorrow, but I'm not sweating it as I not partial to McDonalds food anyway. It has a McCafe so I'll probably just fill up on tea & coffee until i get home.

I'm still trying to catch up on everyone's threads so apologies for posting to anyone as yet! BTW Cass, I hope the move went well! And to everyone, I hope all is well, I will hopefully catch up on Sunday arvo after work.

Thanks again everyone,

Ciao for now,

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:58 pm

Haha. I can catch you up with my thread right now if you like!

Ebay... blah, blah.
Sore back... blah, blah.
Aaaand... more eBay.

There you go! And any time you're wondering what I'm up to I think it's safe to say you can just re-read this post and rest safe in the notion that you know everything that ever seems to be going on in my life! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:03 pm

I think cats have intuition when their owner is sick. I remember when I got out of hospital last year my cat Hugo wouldn't leave me alone & wanted to lay on me all the time (which sucked because that was the last thing you want after an operation on the stomach!!) Anyway they're great companions.

I've really gotten into the jarrah hot chocs at the moment too. So good for the chocolate cravings & helps warm you up in this cold weather.

Good luck for the birthday party tomorrow & happy birthday to your little girl :D

Thanks for asking about the move, it all went well & so glad its over & done with!

Take care & have a good weekend xox
Cass

Cac33

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:04 pm

EvilWombatQueen wrote:Haha. I can catch you up with my thread right now if you like!

Ebay... blah, blah.
Sore back... blah, blah.
Aaaand... more eBay.

There you go! And any time you're wondering what I'm up to I think it's safe to say you can just re-read this post and rest safe in the notion that you know everything that ever seems to be going on in my life! :lol:

haha Ali you're not that bad!!

PS you forgot the part about the daily weights - haha just kidding Al! We all love reading your thread & gives us entertainment :D
Cass

Cac33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:43 pm

Cac33 wrote:
PS you forgot the part about the daily weights

LOL. Whoopsie! You're right. But I've managed to avoid weighing myself for the last few days so I couldn't really include that. Instead I should have said, "Finding it bloody hard to wean myself off weighing... blah blah". :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby tania2573 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Hi Hayley hope your having a good weekend.hope the party goes /went well. :)
S.W 163.1 start date 19/2/2008
G.W 85
tania2573

Postby elle belle » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:40 pm

hi Bgirl

thankyou for the welcome... yes this forum is fantastic its so great to have so much support already. Well i will look forward to reading u reach ur goals!!..uve come so far already- i must say im amazed at all the succeses so far on each profile its what gave me the motivation in the beginning :D

Also was reading about ur father hope hes doing ok.

Have a great weak!!

Ellex
elle belle

Postby B'sgirl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:03 am

Hi Support Buddies! :D

Well the party went very well, cost me just over $100 (for nine children) which inclued, games, cake, Happy Meals, gift bags, a gift for my daughter & a host & best part was we didn't have to clean up afterwards! :D Also my Dad is doing great, turns out he actually suffered two attacks & the Doc told Mum that he is very lucky to still be here & that it was her insistence to get him to hospital that saved his life!

I've also given my notice at work. It was just getting too hard to juggle the kids with fitting into work commitments. Plus I can't expect my parents to mind them now. My Dad used to love minding my little one on Thursdays but I wouldn't forgive myself if he was to suffer another heart attack running around after my son. My MIL is back & forth to Sydney as her only daughter is pregnant with her first & she is due in October & she is going to spend a couple months with her when the baby's born. So that rules her out for babysitting. Plus my oldest son is struggling at school so I'll be able to commit more to helping him. He also needs to do more physio (he has Cerebral Palsy) than he does, so I can concentrate on doing that with him. Also, I'm basically sick of being taken for granted at work & being treated like crap from colleagues who think that they're in charge! :evil: Sorry, but lately I've putting up with some crap at work & basically it's just not worth it! So as of 14th August, I'm no longer employed! I'm a Mum first & foremost so giving up the 15hrs a week is all worth it! Basically, it comes down to putting my family first.

Anyway, I've been off & on the Celebrity Slim program for the past week, stopping & starting etc, I've just got to DO IT! Get my head outta my arse & DO IT!! :? So I'm going to try & post a blog in this thread about my daily eating/exercise habits, something that I'm sure I was going to do at the beginning! So starting from today, my plan is below:

B-
CS Banana shake,
coffee w/skim milk
vitamins 600mls water

S- apple
decaf coffee w/skim
250mls water

L-
huge salad w/paul newman creamy ceasar dressing
250mls water

S-
CS Caramel shake
250mls water

D-
grilled tuna steak w/roasted veggies
(squash, zucchini, mushroom, onion & green beans)
drizzled w/balsamic sauce
glass merlot
250mls water

S-
diet yoghurt w/strawberries
decaf w/skim

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 am

Hi Hayley

Looks like you've got your plan in place - it's very hard sometimes to juggle everything including losing weight (I'm a working mum too), especially when there's illness in the family (that was me last year). I do hope that finishing work will help you balance everything a bit better!

Glad to hear your dad is doing better too.

Take care, Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:00 pm

Good on you for giving up work, Hayley. It sounds like you have more than enough to keep you busy with your family and if you weren't enjoying your work there's no point in staying there. You'll be much happier at home and at least your family will appreciate all your effort! Since you'll be at home full-time and part of the reason is your son's condition could you apply for a carer's allowance? I don't know what the criteria are for getting the allowance but it might be worth looking into.

Good luck with the Celebrity Slim. You'll have to let us all know how it goes!
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress