It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Free Newsletter

B'sgirl's Battle

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: B'sgirl's Battle

Postby B'sgirl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:44 pm

Thanks Lisa & Ali,

Ali, my son has a mild form of CP called Spastic Hemiplegia, which affects the left side of his body. He wears an AFO (ankle foot orthosis) or "splint" as it is more commonly known, to help with the movement of his calf & ankle muscles. I have inquired about a carers allowance but for me to claim my son would have to be basically incapacitated, fortunately he can still feed & dress & toilet himself so really we are blessed that he is able to do these things without assistance, but thankyou for the advice anyway.

Some exciting news has just occurred in the last couple of days!!! My Hubby has just accepted a higher paying position in another town........5 hours away from where we live! :cry: :shock: :D We were expecting it as for the last three months we have seriously been thinking about re-locating to a new town. They want him to start on monday, so I told my boss that I would have to finish up this week. My last shift is on tuesday & I can't wait! Sorry, it's just that I've been copping alot of flack from the sous chef at work (he thinks he's Gordon Ramsay! :lol: ) & I'll be glad to finally be done with his attitude!

Anyway, about Hubby's job. It's situated in Tumut NSW & lately we've been visiting this town to "check things out" & so far we like it. It gets cold there in winter (near the Snowy Mountains) but I don't mind the cold! Hubby's going to live there for awhile to see if it all works out & then move us there in a couple months. On our last visit there we visited the primary school & the Principal took us on a tour of the school, it seemed quite nice, pretty much like the school my kids go to now. It's all happening so fast! It hasn't quite sunk in yet! Hubby keeps saying how much he's going to miss us but atm I still feel like nothing has changed! I think it will hit me on monday night when he doesn't come home. :cry: I'll have to get used to being a sole parent once again! :shock: I'm sure we'll be okay, I like a challenge whether it be physical or emotional & this will definitely be a testing time for both of us!

Ok, on the diet/exercise front, not much to report except that I have eaten well but I haven't managed any exercise :x . Oh well, no-one to blame but myself! It was my daughter's 'real' b'day yesterday so I just invited my parents & sisters in for a cuppa & cake & yes, I ate cake & yes, it was delicious! :mrgreen: My Dad is feeling much better, although he seems to have 'shrunk'? He looks healthy just a bit smaller than he used too. A result of the heart attack? Or just age maybe? Anyway, he was up & about which is the main objective!

Well, I'm actually enjoying a nice glass of red while I type this, actually it's my third so my apologies if I haven't made sense so far! I am awaiting the return of my Hubby ( he had a job to do for a mate) & then he will join me in our celebration. He leaves tomorrow arvo & I won't see him until next saturday arvo :cry:

Anyway, hope everyone is well & please forgive me for my ramblings (thank goodness for spellcheck! :lol: ) as I think I have had too much wine! Good luck with this weeks weigh-ins etc & we'll chat soon!

Ciao for now,

Hayley x
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby wilmawalrus » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:26 pm

Hi Hayley

That sounds very exciting - a relocation is always an adventure!! That's great your hubby has been offered a great position, and that you've been checking out the town already. Close to the snow eh - you'll turn into ski bunnies!!

I've done the solo parent thing quite regularly (though not lately) and it is a challenge. How many kids do you have - and what ages? I have a 6 year old daughter and my son turns 4 next week.

I'm sitting drinking red too - just finished a fabulous dinner - roast lamb and veg (hubby won a leg of lamb in the meat raffle at our local club on Wednesday), and watching Nigella make yummy morsels on tv. I really enjoyed cooking tonight after months of not cooking (just finished Lite n Easy after 6 months) :D

Don't be too hard on yourself food-wise while you're in the middle of a big move - you'll be so busy that just doing what you can will be enough.

Have a good one!!

Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby Booties » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:28 pm

wow congrats about the job and about moving :) thats awesome. And yes, you are quite blessed :)

I love how you are having wine :) i love wine its soo highbrow but also not :p cos wine can be inexpensive too :)

You must be excited about moving, and to a whole new area, that is awesome. AND great that the schools are so similar, would be an easy transition between the two.

Great to hear your dad was up and about :) its awesome. And hey think positively, you ate well, the exercise will come, but you ate well, YAY.

Keep it up Hayley, (thats my sisters name too)

You are doing well

Take Care

Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby B'sgirl » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi Lisa,

Between us, Hubby & I have 4 kids. My stepson is 11, my son just turned 7, our daughter just turned 5 & our littlest son is two.

I'm not a regular drinker, I just like to unwind some nights with a nice glass of red, usually twice a week. To be honest I don't particularly like alcohol so that's why I don't drink alot, not to mention the hangovers it can cause! :lol:

It was my last shift at work today YAY!!! So now I can just concentrate on getting things organised. I'm going to have to organise the kids school transfers & new uniforms etc. I'm going to start packing up the kids rooms too, do a huge clean up of the toy box! :?

I have been eating well & tonight I'm planning on starting on the cross trainer again, slowly.

Hope everyone is well,

Take care,

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 pm

It seems like everyone is moving lately. I hope your packing goes well.
I've read even 10 mins of exercise daily is better than none- good luck with x-trainer.
Strawberry

Postby Indi3 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 pm

You sound like a super-mum..! Everything seems to be going well and your coping through all the changes going on and eating well too.

Okay .. you've inspired me!

Indi :P
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:19 pm

That's quite a family you have there, Hayley!! Lots of boys :D Hope all your preparations for the move go well - I know well how crazy it can get, especially if hubby isn't always around to help. We went overseas for a year in 2006, and hubby went early, so I had to pack the house up by myself and be a solo parent for 10 weeks (not my idea of fun!! - but we managed).

Make sure you give yourself some time and treats when you can - even if it's just a glass of wine once you've got everyone in bed at night.

Glad to hear all is going well.

Lisa xx :D

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Wow! It sounds like everything is coming together for you so well. I'm so happy to hear about your hubby's new job and that you get to move to where you were wanting to move to. How perfect is that!

Good luck with the move. I imagine your kids are very excited by the prospect of a new house and a new school!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby B'sgirl » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi all,

Soz for not replying in awhile, I've been crook with the flu :( & we were away visiting Hubby on the weekend so I've been trying to catch up. I can't believe I've had this flu for over a week!

Anyway, apart from missing my Hubby like crazy! I've managed to drop another kilo this week. I've also managed two sessions on the CT whilst feeling like crap. So overall a pretty good week. We ended up taking the kids to Mt Selwyn on Sunday whilst we were in Tumut & there was snow everywhere! It was magical, the first time the kids had seen snow! Plus it started snowing when we were there so it was a bonus to see that too! :D

I'm going back over to Tumut in a couple weeks, so in that time I'm concentrating on my weight loss & also doing stacks of housework. The housework, although I hate doing it, helps to distract me from missing my Hubby so much! I know, I sound pathetic! :roll: but I now firmly believe in the old cliche, 'Absence makes the heart grow fonder'. Keeping busy also helps to distract me from eating crap food too! I'm also budgeting better now that I'm not working & I'm making use of the staples I have in the pantry & using up the meat & chicken that is in the freezer. When I was working I fell into the trap of ducking into the supermarket after work to grab stuff for dinner.

Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone & I hope that you are all having a great day! :D

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:20 pm

snow, how lucky - i've never seen snow before.
good work on losing a kilo. :)
hope u start 2 feel better soon.
Strawberry

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Hayley - where are you? How did the move go? Are you keeping warm down there?

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby B'sgirl » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi All!

Apologies for not replying in so long. With packing & moving & getting settled in plus I didn't have my computer hooked up for awhile.

Trouble is, I gained more weight 'cos I've just let myself slide & started to fall back into a depression again. I don't know anyone here (have been here for three weeks now) & I'm trying to get my s**t together & stay on track with my diet & exercise plan but I just keep bingeing, trying to be strong for my kids too as they're settling into a new school & trying to make new friends etc My hubby works six days a week so we really only spend family time together on a sunday. I'm trying to organise my son's treatment at the nearest Spastic Centre aswell as a new physiotherapist for him & it's really hard & overwhelming at the moment.

Sorry to complain as I know that there are others who are less fortunate & with their own personal battles.
On a plus note, I joined up at a local yoga class & I had my first session the other night. I'm going again tonight. I've never tried yoga before & I'm glad I signed up because I am so relaxed after a class.

I hope everyone is fairing well, good luck with your efforts,

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Shalimar » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:08 pm

I really hope things take a turn for the better for you and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel before too long.

Good luck and take care, Sue :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Nice to see you back Hayley!! Hope things settle a bit for you soon - it's always so crazy when you move and adjust to a new home and environment, and help everyone else adjust too.

You'll get back on track soon - sounds like you already have with going to yoga - I'm so short of time at the moment, I'd love to be doing some yoga regularly.
Don't get too hung up on what you're eating - as life settles down and you get to know people, you wont binge so much. I know it's hard when hubby's not around so much (I binge when mine travels for work :shock: ), but you will feel stronger soon.

Hang in there!

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby B'sgirl » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:02 pm

Well hello all! :D

Not sure if anyone remembers me or not & after being absent in almost a year, I can't really expect anyone to remember me anyway!

Well, for those who do, you may remember that we moved away to another town for my hubby's work. Well, hubby's job has finished up & now we are back in Ulladulla (the kids & i are) & hubby's work is off to Sydney. So we are attempting to do the "long distance" thing as we don't really want to move up to Sydney.

Anyways my stats are worse now than when I last posted so I really need to get my butt into gear & I'm hoping that by blogging my progress, whether it be good or bad, it will somehow make me accountable.

So, hello to everyone & it's great to be back! The support & motivation I used to receive from this forum was phenomenal & I hope that I can offer others advice also.

Thanks for reading,

Hayley 8)
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress