It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:31 pm

Free Newsletter

Lisa's Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Lisa's Thread

Postby wilmawalrus » Sun May 18, 2008 7:48 pm

I think I've found some new inspiration!!

Currently I am at the halfway point on my journey - 10kg down, with 10 to go. I have been on a plateau for several weeks now, and feel myself slipping away from all my good resolve. That wretched binge monster has been around during the last week or so, and I've been struggling!! I've also had problems with my feet and my neck, which has gotten in the way of the exercise.

Not sure whose thread I read today, but something clicked about Calorie King. I finally checked it out, and I really feel that it's what I need at the moment to get me back on track. I was very impressed that it even lists all (or most) of the Lite n Easy menu (which I've been doing since January).

So I've started today, and even though I've had a bit of a shocker (breakfast birthday party with bacon & egg rolls, and apple tarte tatin croissants - yes, that was me, a new creation, and they were very good :? ), it's going to keep me honest, and that's what I really need.

I'm also planning on getting into some lower-impact exercise next week - got my bike out (just got to clean it now) and hope to go for a swim sometime during the week).

Fingers crossed that I leave this plateau far behind......

Lisa :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Re: Lisa's Thread

Postby Cac33 » Sun May 18, 2008 8:30 pm

HI Lisa

Glad to hear you have found some new inspiration & are now using calorie king too. It is such a great tool & always keeps you on your toes. I have been using it for 3.5 months & found it really helpful & has helped me loose 10kgs.

Good luck with the bike & swimming, it must be very frustrating with your neck & foot playing up & can't even walk for exercise at the moment. Hopefully you get better soon.

Take care
Cass xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Good on you Lisa! Calorie King is a great website to keep your eating and exercise on track. And good luck with the cycling and swimming! I hope you have a heated swimming pool near you because it's starting to get bloody cold!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby yellowroses » Sun May 18, 2008 11:18 pm

Yay Lisa! It's great when you find new inspiration :) Good luck with calorieking, it's been keeping me in check too, I love it! There are heaps of great recipes on there too that I LOVE!! You should check them out :) Good luck!!
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon May 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks girls!!

I am already keeping myself in check and have put in brekky and lunch - nothing like accountability!

And I WAS going to get on the bike today and go for a little ride, but small matter of one sick daughter now home from school (not quite over gastro from the weekend), so guess I'm not going anywhere today.... :cry:
I'll just have to take it easy today, probably good after the pummelling I got from the osteo/masseuse today (fingers crossed the neck stays in position now).
Maybe tomorrow! And swimming on Wednesday with a bit of luck - yes EWQ, it'll be heated, it's turned very chilly here in Sydney over the weekend - must be freezing where you are in cold old Melbourne!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week!

wilmawalrus

Postby Cac33 » Mon May 19, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh no hope your daughter is feeling better soon! Have fun in the pool on Wednesday, such a good workout with no impact which is great for your foot!

wilmawalrus wrote: it's turned very chilly here in Sydney over the weekend - must be freezing where you are in cold old Melbourne!

Its turned cool here too, thought it was suppose to be sunny QLD, well it is sunny just cool weather to go with it! Hate to think how cold it is in Sydney & Melbourne but I guess I'll find out how cold Sydney is on Wednesday when I'm there :roll:
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby milkyway » Mon May 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Hope your daughter gets better soon - poor little thing. Gastro is awful :(

Calorie King is great - I'm glad to hear it's working well for you.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue May 20, 2008 10:39 pm

I've finally exercised today - YAY!!

Got my orthotics back, and did two smallish walks (shopping in the city and to and from school), so am very pleased I've managed to get out and do it. It's a good feeling - and well on top of the food too.

Swimming tomorrow, and bike on Thursday.... :D

wilmawalrus

Postby Booties » Tue May 20, 2008 11:20 pm

yay for the new thread and exercise

you are on a roll!!!! wow swimming and real biking not that indoors one man that would rock, my bike is dying outside atm hehe poor old bike.

i hope ur daughter is feeling better. gastro would suk

once again i am so proud of u :)

go you

Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby Dave » Wed May 21, 2008 8:49 am

mmmm MMMMMMM.....love the sound of that breaky :D Good luck with it Lisa, you sound like you can do it!
"Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action"
.................. Image...............
Dave

Postby Sas » Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 am

Great work Lisa!

Calorie king is great isn't it... it is great to have some way of making you accountable for what you are eating and I like that you can add your exercise in and see what you have actually burned during the day.

All the best with it! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby lng86 » Wed May 21, 2008 12:20 pm

Yay for exercise!

Keep up the great work! You are doing really well.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed May 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Finally went for my swim today - man, I'm unfit !!! I managed six laps of a 25m pool, and it was fun, but of course, it aggravated my silly neck, so my head was pounding with a major headache about half way through. I probably would have swum for longer otherwise.

Glad I did it though - I'm going to try and swim at least once a week from now on.

Food going well too, last two days I was under with CK cos of the exercise, so I'm hopeful for an actual loss tomorrow!

:D :D

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 21, 2008 9:41 pm

You poor thing! I hope your neck gets better soon. Is it a recurring injury that happens the same way each time, like my back? Are there swimming strokes you could do that would lessen the likelihood of you hurting yourself? For instance if it's the side-to-side motion of breathing during freestyle would it be better to do breaststroke or backstroke?

Great going on your calorie counting too. You're doing so well!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Wed May 21, 2008 9:42 pm

You'll get there Lisa - keep it up. Hope your neck is feeling better. All the best for your weigh-in tomorrow :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Personal Progress