It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:42 am

Free Newsletter

Lisa's Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Lisa's Thread

Postby hippy_shake » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Bummer :( Good on you for getting all the costumes done in time!!

Mmm cous cous is delicious! Have you tried the roast veg or moroccan chicken flavoured ones? I love them :) Enjoy the movie- what are you watching?
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:50 pm

The original Muppet Movie is on Disney channel tonight - I can't resist!! :D

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:30 pm

Well, not a fantastic weekend food wise! (I blame the full moon!!!!) As usual, didn't get time to have my breakfast before racing off to take my daughter to ballet. She does it out at Fox Studios which has a wonderful farmer's market on Saturday morning. My semi-regular ritual is: a lovely skinny Timorese coffee, and either a bacon and egg roll, or something from the French patissier. I was exhausted on Saturday, so I got both !! :D The best muffin I think I've ever eaten - banana and passionfruit - yumm!

Didn't have a huge lunch, consequently, and out for dinner on Saturday night (hen's night) - didn't overeat (singaporean food) but a few cocktails :shock: So Sunday morning we went out for breakfast.......(not even going there.....) - didn't eat lunch again, and cheese souffle and veg for dinner (my husband does an exceptional cheese souffle - I am blessed!)

Still getting over my cold (I have the stupid tickly cough), so no exercise AGAIN either. I'm not game to weigh in.....
Today hasn't been too bad food wise, and I'm hoping to do some pilates tomorrow - thought I might leave the C25K until next week when I get the wedding out of the road.

Hopefully things will pick up during the course of the week. Fingers crossed!

wilmawalrus

Postby Cac33 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:29 pm

Hey Lisa how are you? Hows C25k going? What week podcast are you up to?

Hope all is well with you xoxo
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:42 pm

I'm back!! We've just had a week's holiday after the craziness of the last couple of months. Very relaxing (but I did do some bushwalking), and didn't stint on the food side of things, but happily, didn't gain from what I was before I went away (which was good, but that weight itself wasn't!!! :shock: )

I'm now ready to be accountable again, and I feel very re-motivated. I have a plan (well, a few plans):

I've shopped and made a menu for the week, based on low-GI, low starchy-carb, limited red meat.

Exercise - back to C25K (been away from this for about 3 weeks :( ) - so I'm going to start again TODAY!! at week 2 (had made it to week 3, but only did one session), plus I've stocked up on some Pilates DVDs which have several 10 minute workouts (so you can do just one or a few together - I've been so time-poor lately, and I need to do SOMETHING!!). I've also got a bellydancing DVD to make it fun occasionally :D
My intention is to do C25K and do at least one of the DVDs on the alternate days, plus some handweights for upper body and lunges as many days as I can.

Cut down on alcohol and increase the water, and get back on my supplements

I have a subscription to Delicious magazine, and a letter to the editor inspired me - it said that the writer had lost 12 kg in 5 months in part by using the low fat recipes featured in the magazine. I've included three recipes from this month's issue in this week's menu, and hope that making yummy gourmet low-fat meals will inspire me to stick with things.
Tonight's meal - fish marinated in miso and soy, grilled and served with plain udon noodles and salad!!

As for other things, we had my beloved friend's wedding two weeks ago, and it was a fantastic day!! Everything went very well, apart from my trying to make myself a blouse the night before after finishing three flower girl dresses, and the sewing of the blouse went pear-shaped at midnight (not happy!!)
Some of you wanted to see the finished result, but I can't upload them (can't figure out how to make the pics smaller) - will get back to you on that one!!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

Postby Cac33 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey Lisa! Glad you had a good time away & at the wedding! Good luck getting back into c25k, I haven't been doing it much lately either :roll: .
Let us know how your recipes turn out, if they're great you should post them in the recipe section of the forum so we can try them out too.
Take care x
Cass

Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:08 am

Yay - 400g gone!! The low GI thing must be working!
I will post some recipes Cass - we had the most fantastic lamb and lentil salad last night - SO yummy!

I'm going to go hard on the housework today - hoping that will burn off some more.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:17 am

Good on you for the 400g loss, Lisa. That's great work! Delicious is a brilliant magazine. My mum subscribes and I love reading through them whenever I go back home for a visit. Keep up the good work!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Cac33 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:07 pm

Well done on the loss Lisa!!! can't wait to see some of the recipes! Hope all is well with you xox
Cass

Cac33

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:49 pm

Just popping in to say that I FINALLY got back into c25k yesterday!!!! Woo hoo!

I went back to week 2, and coped surprisingly well, considering my body is a bit of a mess at the moment (sore neck, feet, knee and shoulders at the moment - something is majorly out of whack - osteo on Wednesday).

I'd planned to do some pilates today, but cleaning got in the way (well, at least I wasn't sitting on the couch!! - it was tempting though, it's TTOM plus I had an early shift this morning :? ). Going to run again tomorrow too.

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:32 pm

AARGH!!! Binge monster has had me in it's clutches for well over a week (hubby has been OS - it ALWAYS happens :( ), plus I now have a seriously buggered hand and arm(tenosynovitis - like tendonitis - basically VERY inflamed and sore - from using a sanding machine about a MONTH ago !!)

I'm not game to weigh in.....

:( :( :(

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:39 am

Skip the weigh in. If you're on anti-inflammatories that might affect your weight too. You might as well just put the binge behind you and get back into a healthy routine before stepping on the scales again.

One week of bingeing is nothing in the long run. As long as you get back into a healthy routine again the damage will be temporary. Look at it in perspective, how many years of bingeing got you to where you are now? If you'd been able to limit yourself to one week way back then you'd be laughing!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Thanks Ali - as usual, a voice of reason and positivity!!

Lisa xx :D

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:09 pm

OK! The weekend and its gourmet delights are over (too long a story, but there wasn't much about last weekend that DIDN'T involve eating - but having said that, it was for all the right reasons - enjoying time with family and old friends), so now it's time to be back on track (well, kind of :D )

I have done both walking and pilates today, with plans to run and do pilates tomorrow. I am only doing short pilates stints, so I am going to aim for doing some nearly every day.

I have also restarted with Calorie King.

Lunch was a little overboard (a sushi pigout - yes, you can pig out on sushi), so I'm planning a salad tonight.

Feeling positive - I am going to get focussed again!!

Yay Monday!!

wilmawalrus

Postby Jisgone » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:43 pm

i did a sushi pig out once
stupid sushi train kept bringing all the good things towards me!

its good your feeling positive, so much of this weight loss thing is in your mind

best of luck :)
Jisgone

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress