It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:13 am

Free Newsletter

Lisa's Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Lisa's Thread

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:48 pm

yes, we had a sushi train too.... but it was SO good!! :?

I've done a run today - and I can definitely feel my stomach muscles (who knew I actually had any!) after yesterday's Pilates effort, so I will do that again tomorrow.

Food wise - OK-ish (husband away AGAIN!! plus TTOM), but I am trying (some days just trying is important).

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:42 am

I'm going to try and check in here most days to keep myself accountable!

Weighed this morning, and had lost a little from the scary heights I'd reached recently, so I've documented that (finally) - but having said that, TTOM is almost upon me, so I'm mega-bloated :( and taking the figure under advisement...

Did pilates again yesterday, and am going for a run once I've dropped the kids off.

Made a fantastic welcome home dinner last night - poached turkey breast on spiced rice with spinach and onion (another Delicious magazine recipe). Yes, I know, got to post em!!

And I'm keeping up with Calorie King and haven't been going over (haven't documented wine intake though :? )

Hope everyone's week is going well.

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:33 am

pats on the back to myself to start the week (not intending to sound big-headed, I'm just proud of myself!) - just did week 4 of c25k!!!! It was pretty solid going - my legs were burning, but I made it!!! I also managed to do all three runs of week 3 last week, plus 2 pilates sessions. I haven't done that much exercise in ages!!

I'm going to endeavour to match it this week, and hopefully increase the pilates (could be slightly tricky juggling around kids, so I might have to do one run in the evening when Nick gets home).

I've done a menu for the week too - I'm going to go and shop now. Trying to keep it low starch/low GI again to see some movement downwards on the scale!

Hope everyone has a great week!!

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:03 pm

Wow. You're doing so well, Lisa! I'm so impressed that you're sticking to C25K. And pilates on top of that... you're a champ!

Do you find it easier to stick to healthy eating if you set out a plan for the entire week? Just curious because I always tend to decide on the day what to have for dinner.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:52 pm

yes, it has been a bit easier - lunch involves a bit of decision making and I can come a bit unstuck there sometimes ie. choosing bread over salad, but as I'm exercising, I'm not beating myself up too much about that, and I am trying to eat bread earlier in the day rather than later.

I'm going to weigh in tomorrow - no TTOM, been good with exercise and eating - HOPING it's the start of the downward slide again.

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:57 pm

Well, I didn't lose anything, but I did weigh myself at 4.30 am (before I left for work) so maybe my sleepy body wasn't thinking straight!!
Also, as my hubby pointed out, maybe I'm forming muscle and losing fat. I HOPE so, at least I'm not so bloated now.

Trying not to let it get to me - it's just a number!!! I know I am feeling good, boosted up with lots of nutrients, albeit a bit tired by four early shifts this week. I've had my son at home for the last two days, so no exercise, but I'm planning to run both days on the weekend, to get my running days into sequence for next week (due to work commitments).

We're going to our local club tonight for dinner - the food there is quite good, and I'm going to try for a healthy choice - maybe fish and salad (it's been a pretty warm day here in Sydney), but I'm definitely having a beer - it's Friday after all!!

Enjoy the weekend!! Onward and upward!!

wilmawalrus

Postby Alexandra » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:06 am

shift work and 4.30am doesn't sound good but onwards and upwards sounds great! Maintaining is great too! Good luck for next week!
Alexandra
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks Alexandra!

Yes, it was an early morning glitch - weighed on Saturday when I didn't have to get up quite so early, and 500g is GONE!!

I was pretty good on the weekend too - did my run on Saturday despite the rain, had a light meal when I came home late on Saturday after work instead of takeaway, and a healthy dinner Sunday night. Only blowout was middle eastern sweets brought over by friends who drove their new car over to show it off!

I'm going to start on week 5 of c25k tomorrow, and hopefully get some pilates in too.

Hope everyone's week is a great one!

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Way to go, Lisa! You're doing so well watching what you eat and continuing to run despite the weather. Well done! You certainly deserved that loss!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Well, so much for good intentions!! What a week and a half!!

Sunday night, my son woke up vomiting at night and had a temperature. To cut a long story short, after various doctor visits, we ended up with him in hospital on the Wednesday with what has turned out to be a nasty virus (constant temperature, bad tonsils, reactive arthritis in his joints etc), but he is OK now (a huge relief). He got out of hospital on Saturday, which was the day he was supposed to be in an end of year dance concert (which his sister was also in - as she was older, she did two concerts!) So a week of juggling work, school pickups and concert rehearsals with looking after a four year old in hospital, which of course meant that exercise and eating properly went out the window (they don't feed the parents in hospital, so eating was pretty erratic).

Just starting to get back into a normal routine at the beginning of the week, and today I had the day from hell at work. Again, keeping a long story short, I have been training on a new system (I work in TV as a freelance director's assistant) and haven't really managed to get on top of it through doing a show that I do once every three weeks. Today was an absolute disaster - I kept everyone waiting for ages as I ran out of time to prep stuff, plus made mistakes, which resulted in holding up editors, producers, etc. I am devastated, as I pride myself on being organised and prepared and doing a good job. I am now no longer working on the show (I am very relieved) and my boss has very kindly offered that I can practice (in my own time) and get better at it with a view to getting back into things at a later stage. I just feel terrible that I caused so many problems for various people, and am very disappointed that I couldn't cut it.

Sorry, I just needed to get that out - am a bit shattered tonight. I hope that tomorrow I'll be able to pick myself up and get on with things again. I know it's only a job, but I worked for this company for five years full time, and they have invested money in training me, so I feel a sense of obligation to them.

Anyway, hopefully next time I'm here, I'll be feeling a bit more positive.

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:12 pm

So sorry to hear about your son's illness, Lisa. I'm so glad he's better now! It must have been scary while he was so sick.

Sorry to hear about your nightmare day at work too. At least your boss sounds very understanding. And if you've finished that job you won't be under as much stress while you train on the new system.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. You deserve a few good days after all of this!

*Hugs*
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks m' dear - I can always rely on you for a bit of support on here - it's much appreciated!

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:06 am

Well, things are picking up - but only just!

My daughter is now sick with the same virus that my son had!! I came home from work on Wednesday morning and she was miserable with a temperature. She seems a little improved today (Friday), but is not quite over it yet. Been juggling getting things done for various school and daycare commitments (I'm on committees for days!) with having kids at home when they are not normally, which has made life a bit crazy, so of course, exercise hasn't been happening again for the second week. I am run down now, so woke up yesterday with conjunctivitis in my left eye. :x

When I took my daughter to the doctor yesterday, she gave me a script for drops, but said I should wait for a day or too and treat it with saline to see if that helped first - but I woke up today with a very swollen weepy eye, so I'll be getting the script made up today.

On the up side, I HAVEN'T gained weight!! In fact, I weighed in yesterday and I'm down a bit (went up a little last week) - and I'm pre TTOM, so that's not too bad.

I have been inspired this morning - a friend of mine posted on facebook that she has lost 30kg (over a period of about a year or so) - she has been exercising a lot, and just did a biathlon. I am way impressed - she looks fantastic!! I think I'm going to stick up her picture on my fridge to inspire me further.

Hope next week is the week for exercise and getting back on track, and that everyone else is going OK. xx

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:17 pm

Sorry to hear your other child is sick now! I hope she gets better soon. And I'm really sorry to hear you've come down with conjunctivitis. I hope that clears up quickly.

Using your friend as inspiration is a great idea. Not only is it a very immediate example that weight loss is possible if you're dedicated enough, I find that I feel a little bit of jealous and competitive with friends and family who have lost weight which makes me all the more determined! Not that I'd ever admit it to them of course. :wink:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:55 pm

Well, life has been in overdrive, crazy busy, but I'm on holidays now (sort of - work is finished for two weeks - SOOOOO looking forward to not getting up at 4.15 am!!, but still in kids mode...). Unfortunately, my eating is going rather haywire - we had a BBQ last weekend, and I spent the week before it making heaps of sweets with a view to giving them as presents. I didn't end up doing that, but shared them around at the party. Consequently, we still have heaps left, and therefore, I am eating them, plus excess stuff. Haven't been exercising (no time), haven't been cooking (not sure why), and I am just not game to weigh in - not going there. I feel very bloated too, even though I've been drinking heaps of water.

I am motivated for the new year, as I have a friend who is also keen to get fit and healthy, but as of now, I think my brain has kind of given up. We're off on a camping holiday on Sunday for 2 weeks with lots of bushwalking (heading to the Snowy Mts), so hopefully that will help a bit, but not having much ability to store fresh food is going to make eating quite hit and miss. I am a bit perturbed overall, but not worried. I'm not sure if there's an emotional component to the eating, but for 2009, I am going to eat well, do calorie king, follow Gabriel Method meditation and general principles (along with low GI), and seriously get into the exercise and commit to making the time for it. I AM going to get to where I want to be, and achieve what I set out to do - 2009 is the time!!!!!

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy Christmas and enjoys the season. See you back here in 09!!

love, Lisa xx

wilmawalrus

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress