It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Lisa's Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Lisa's Thread

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:42 pm

I think we all have those times when our motivation is zero and our brain checks out of the weight-loss process. I think the exercise you've got lined up in your hiking holiday sounds like a great way to get back into it. Have you looked on hiking forums to see if there are healthy non-perishable foods you can take with you easily?

Hope you have a great holiday, a very merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Lisa - it's been a while since I dropped by. Hope you're having a fanstastic time on your camping holiday and getting lots of good bushwalks in. I'm just getting back into hiking again so I'd love to hear all about your Snowy Moutains activities.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby wilmawalrus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:09 am

I'm back - happy new year everyone!!

Well, we had a fantastic holiday, and I enjoyed myself, but really realised that I had definitely been going backwards in the last month or so leading up to Christmas. I weighed myself before we left, and was TTOM, so very bloated and yuck - 79.5. I ate whatever was going during the trip, but also did a bit of walking (not as much as I expected though), and indulged with sweet nibbles most nights, came back and weigh in was 79.1, so I am happy with that (so to speak).

I'm still motivated, but it has been a little slow getting back into things this week. I've had kids home so exercise basically hasn't happened, I had to fly to Queensland and back on Tuesday for a funeral (one of my besties lost her dad on NYE :( ), but have decided to start with getting back to good eating. I've done low-GI this week, and haven't been snacking (still the occasional piece of dark choccie for supper though :( )

The thing that's knocked me around this week is getting up early again !!!! I've done four early shifts this week, with a couple of late nights thrown in (couldn't get to sleep on Sunday night, late night on Tuesday coming back from Brisbane, etc), so I'm knackered!! Looking forward to a quiet weekend and hopefully start c25k again.

Hope everyone had a great break and that you're all back into it!! It's going to be a good year - lots of goals are going to be achieved. I can feel it!!!!

Lisa xxx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Glad you had such a good holiday, Lisa. Congrats on the weight loss! I ended up gaining a kilo because it was so damn hot in Queensland. Sorry to hear about your friend's dad. That must have been devastating for everyone.

Low GI is great at keeping you full, isn't it? I'm trying to eat more low GI these days. I find it really cuts down on my need for snacks.

Good luck for the coming week. Keep up the good work!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 pm

Your holiday sounds grand. Shame you didn't get more hikes in but way to go with the loss :D

I'm sorry to hear about your best friend's dad. What a sad start to the year :(

have you picked up C25K yet?
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:47 pm

No, c25k hasn't happened yet...school holidays just disrupt everything!!! I was talking with my osteopath the other day (who sorted my body out so I CAN start exercising again - yay) and he said he's been trying to get back on the healthy track again too, but hasn't quite managed it yet - he said he's aiming for Chinese new year to really get started. I liked the sound of that, as school hols will be over and I get my time back again! Apparently we're going into the year of the Ox, which means positive achievement and moving forward - I can feel this in the air, lots of motivation around - is anyone else feeling the same?? I'm sure it's not just New Year resolutions, its a different energy altogether.

In the meantime, still trying to get nutrients and low GI going. Bit of a blowout in the last couple of days - Monday night was a friend's 40th, leading in to my birthday yesterday, so I got a bit trashed at the party. Consequently, yesterday was a very low-key birthday, but nice. Hubby made me breakfast in bed (eggs, roast capsicum and spinach on toast) and dinner was takeaway from my fave Indian restaurant. I was so full up that I could only have a smidge of cake that my gorgeous husband made for me while he was at work (he's not really busy at the moment :D ) - like a black forest cake with fresh cherries!
And tonight, my bestest friend in the world and her family are coming to stay the night - they arrived home for good from the UK yesterday, so lamb bbq, salad and more cake!!

Hope everyone's having a fun week.

XX

wilmawalrus

Postby MagicGirl79 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm

Happy Birthday Lisa - sounds like you're trying hard to get back into the swing of things, but social lives always seem to hinder our best efforts!!
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby milkyway » Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:01 am

Happy Birthday Lisa! Glad you had a great bday and your best mate is here to stay :D

I too think the Year of the Ox is going to be a good one :)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:18 pm

Been MIA for a while, but now feel brave enough to come back.

Life has been busy, which is fine, but I seem to have been dealing with a mental blockage - I am anxious about getting bigger, and I feel and see that I am as big as I have ever been. I know this is NOT helping! Am trying to declutter my house but not getting very far with that either. There seems to be an "issue" with letting go of stuff, doesn't there ?!! :?

There has also been injury problems coming from seemingly nowhere - I have had a very sore foot and hip, to the point that when I get up after sitting, I am hobbling. So no exercise (too scared to aggravate it). It seems to be improving slightly in the last day or so. I finally did a little Pilates today, and things seem OK (am having osteo treatment for it).

Despite this, I am endeavouring to get back on track. Listening to Jon Gabriel cd before sleeping has been helping in terms of reducing cravings. I am eating pretty well this week. Overall strategy is low GI, cooking meals and eating small portions, cutting down on bread, no alcohol during the week, lots of water, and drinking spearole tea (very high antioxidants - supposed to help with weight loss).

Hope everyone else is going well - will try to catch up on threads soon.

I've been missing everyone....it's good to be back!

xx

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:00 pm

It's great to see you back here, Lisa! It sounds like you're doing everything you can to get your mojo back on track. I'm sure listening to the Gabriel Method CD will help get your mind back into it. Are you re-reading the book again too?

I'm trying to sort my house out too. The problem is that we don't have a car at the moment so it's not so much wanting to hold on to clutter, it's just not having a way to get it out of the house! I have so many bags of clothes to go to the op-shop and I never seem to have time to take all the stuff there. It'll be at least five trips... and I have only done one corner of my room!

Good luck with your eating plan. I hope your hip and foot get better soon so you can get back into exercise. I know how frustrating a lingering injury can be!

cheers,
Ali
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu May 21, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi All!

Yes, it's been a while....went COMPLETELY off track and just kept inhaling food!! Not sure why exactly, just was, and feeling frustrated and pathetic. I ballooned up to nearly 83kg, and only had two pairs of trousers that would fit, and those ones only just. I knew I had to kickstart myself. A friend of mine told me about the South Beach Diet, and that she'd lost 6kg in two weeks!!! I checked it out and found it to be do-able and sensible nutritionally, so I bought the book and started at the beginning of last week. For those not familiar with it, it's two weeks of being very strict - basically all refined carbs/flour/rice/bread and sugar/fruit are OUT, and then you ease back into low-GI whole grain carbs/basmati rice and small amounts of fruit. So lots of veges (no potato or sweet things like corn) and lean protein and legumes.

The main reason that I decided to do it, apart from a kickstart, is that the first two weeks is designed to break the sugar/carb cravings that so many of us get. I started easing myself into it a bit the week before I started officially, by cutting down on bread and pasta, and then had two sandwiches in a row after no bread for four days - boy, did I regret that!! I was bloated and had stomach pains about four hours later, which lasted for the rest of the evening :(

It's actually been pretty easy, apart from lack of choices for breakfast - mostly eggs, although I did have leftover vege moussaka the other morning. I've been making some really yummy Best thing - a week and a half in, and I've lost 3.7kg!!!!!!! I feel so much better too - jeans are starting to get loose, my boobs are shrinking (thank goodness!!) and my stomach is receding. I've done a bit of exercise, which after doing virtually nothing for ages, is good (not as much as I would like, but it's a time factor thing).

I haven't been missing sugar too much, and have even managed to start enjoying my skinny decaf lattes without sugar (caffeine makes me feel quite ill, but I still enjoy the coffee ritual).

Looking forward to Phase 2 next week - a few different things for breakfast will be good!

Will catch up on everyone's threads soon - it's nice to be back here and feel motivated again after time away!!

Cheers, Lisa xx :)

wilmawalrus

Previous

Return to Personal Progress