It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 am

Free Newsletter

Lisa's Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Lisa's Thread

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu May 22, 2008 10:00 am

Woo hoo - plateau is GONE !! 500g loss, I really am 70kg!!!!

My neck is fine today (yes, it is a bit of a recurring thing EWQ - an old injury) - it seems like the thing that set my neck off was keeping my head out of the water during breaststroke. I alternated strokes, but I need to buy some goggles so I can see where I'm going, as I kept crashing into the wall during freestyle :oops:

Kids are better again, but poor hubby has got the diarrhea back again this morning :( I didn't get any of that, but woke up yesterday with a lovely (NOT!) itchy coldsore :evil:

Shopping, cycling and housework today - there's a teacher's strike in NSW today, but my mother-in-law is going to have both kids for the day (she usually has the little fella on Thursday anyway but I wasn't going to turn down an offer like that!)

Have a good day everyone! xxx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby GoddessInside » Thu May 22, 2008 6:53 pm

Excellent loss hun !!!!

Good Riddens Plateau :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon May 26, 2008 7:42 pm

What a weekend!! Dinner out Friday night - mussels night which was yum, and not too calorific. Saturday morning - got up a bit late and raced out of the house to get my daughter to ballet, so had to have breakfast at the markets at Fox Studios (ballet studio is there) - bacon & egg roll and coffee (well, at least it was free range organic :? ). Saturday night - impromptu dinner at friends place - sausage sizzle and salad (not too bad) but LOTS of vino :( Sunday morning - working bee at my son's daycare, with another sausage sizzle for lunch (didn't really need two - oops), then Sunday evening - friends over for dinner to watch Eurovision - themed dinner of finger food (various European items like grilled haloumi, garlic prawns, schnitzel bites, smoked salmon/cream cheese/caviar on pumpernickel, plus a cheese platter brought by friends, and for dessert - irish cream tiramisu!!!

I didn't have huge quantities, and it was 1kg extra on scales this morning, but I had a GREAT weekend, and am getting back on track, so I have no issues about it at all!

Glad I've got no plans for next weekend though!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Glad you had such a great time! I'm sure that 1kg is mostly water so you'll lose it in no time. Sounds like it was worth it at least!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby lng86 » Wed May 28, 2008 10:09 am

Sounds like a fabulous weekend!

Are the scales being kind to you now?
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed May 28, 2008 7:34 pm

I'm not sure Lauren - I've had a bit of a small unexpected binge-fest the last couple of days - just at lunch-time for some reason!

Will have to see what happens tomorrow with my weigh-in - will be very happy if I'm back at 70 (fingers crossed).

Just read your thread by the way - sounds like your shopping was fun Lauren!!

wilmawalrus

Postby B'sgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 8:14 pm

Hi Lisa,

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend!

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 28, 2008 8:59 pm

Good luck with the weigh-in, Lisa. I'm sure you'll do fine!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu May 29, 2008 2:55 pm

Not sure what's going on - I can't seem to find a reason in my head for binging, but I'm doing it anyway!!!

Things like scarfing half a packet of caramel popcorn AFTER lunch (so I know I wasn't hungry) :evil:

I've changed my ticker to shame myself into getting back on track - 1kg gain on weigh-in today - so not surprised at that.

Has anyone had this sort of binging for absolutely no reason? The only thing I can think of is that maybe my mind thinks I'm bored (I'm not though!)

Oh well.....

wilmawalrus

Postby Athena » Thu May 29, 2008 3:29 pm

It must be so hard trying to exercise with an injury like that! I'm all sympathy. Sounds like your doing great though. Keep it up!
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby B'sgirl » Fri May 30, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Lisa,

regarding the binge, I always seem to get like that when I'm due for ttom. Or when my energy levels are deflated. Also, sometimes I (stupidly) think that if I'm going so well, then what the hell! I'll just subconsciously sabotage my efforts for no apparent reason! :shock:

Don't feel bad about it, just jump back on the wagon & keep going. I used to just give up if I had something that I shouldn't have & think well, I blown it now, I may aswell just start again tomoz & then binge some more! But now I tell myself that some days I WILL blow it & to just move on from it.

Sorry to have gabbed on, hope I helped in some way!

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Tarz » Fri May 30, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi Lisa,

All i can suggest is remove the temptation. I know its easier said then done but if there is nothing to binge on then you won't do it. Thats why i don't keep chips or lollies at home.
I also binge the way Bs'girl does.
B'sgirl wrote:sometimes I (stupidly) think that if I'm going so well, then what the hell! I'll just subconsciously sabotage my efforts for no apparent reason!

gotta learn to reward ourselves with something other then food.
Tarz

Postby wilmawalrus » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:57 pm

RIGHT - new week, last week's brainsnap is GONE, back on track!!!!

Basically, I went off the rails last week - binging most days (for some reason, around lunchtime), and by Friday, I'd just given up and given in to it, which is what brought me out of it. I had pizza on Saturday night (can't remember the last time I'd had pizza - it was fantastic :D ), as well as wine and tim tams. By Sunday, I just decided to enjoy my food, and was resolved to get back on the wagon on Monday - and I have.

Anyway, today I've woken up feeling positive, stayed on track, drunk heaps of water, taken the dog for a walk, and actually got stuff done. I've had no desire to binge today either.

I have no idea what was going on, and I think it best not to give it any more thought. I will weigh myself tomorrow to see what the damage is....but I know it will go away quickly.

Hope everyone has a great week!

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:06 pm

What a surprise - weighed myself this morning (it's not an official weigh-in day) and I'm back to 70kg!!!! Woo hoo!!

I can't believe that after the crazy eating week I had last week that I didn't effectively gain anything - I'm thrilled.

Been good again today - finally did my first Biggest Loser workout, and it was excellent - very well paced, had lots of cardio (low impact too - good for my sore feet) and strength training. It was a good hour too, so I'm feeling pleased with myself.

And I ignored the loaf of fresh bread at lunchtime and stuck to my Lite n Easy only (not that that was too difficult - baked potato bolognaise - yummy on a wet old day :D )

I have an osteo appointment tomorrow, but I'll try and do a pilates dvd if I'm not too sore afterwards. Roll on Thursday and official weigh-in!!!

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:56 pm

Well done, Lisa! That Biggest Loser Workout DVD sounds great. Good on you for getting back to 70kg!
EvilWombatQueen

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress