It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Lisa's Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: Lisa's Thread

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:57 pm

Well, it's been a bit of a downward spiral for me lately - I have no inclination to stick to Lite n Easy without additions, haven't really been exercising, binges here there and everywhere. I can't really pinpoint what's going on in my head to cause it either (it's no longer TTOM either).

Weigh in was 71.5 - not a huge gain, but completely expected.

I'm wondering whether following a regime for nearly 6 months has my mind "rebelling" at the moment (basically saying "I've had ENOUGH!!!") Has anyone else had an experience like this?

I'm not too down about it, it is just the way it is.....but I don't have any drive to pull myself out of it at the moment. :?

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:43 pm

Not only have I had an experience like that, I swear that's my day-to-day existence right now!

I'm wondering if it's the change of weather. I just want to eat comfort food and sit in front of the heater. I enjoy my exercise when I do it, but actually motivating myself to start the exercise is another matter entirely!

I'm trying to focus just on the next half hour at the moment. Can I do some exercise in that time? No, I still have too much uni work to do. Okay, so that just means I should drink plenty of water. At mealtimes I have to concentrate on eating healthy food just for this meal. I find if I focus on the short term it doesn't seem such a deprivation or punishment!

Good luck Lisa. If you find a way to cure your current mood please let me know! I could use a little 'curing' myself right now. :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby lng86 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:49 pm

I think you are most probably feeling a lot more comfortable at your current weight than you did at your highest. Clothes are most likely fitting... And you aren't as self conscious, perhaps? Those feelings are completely common!

I think you should set aside part of your day tomorrow and work out if you are completely comfortable at your current weight. Because - it sounds more like you are maintaining than gaining. I am corrent?

We all have days (if not weeks) that feel a bit downhill - and that is normal!!! It's where you go from there that's important.

You can get to your goal - whatever that may be. We all have faith in you!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby wilmawalrus » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:54 pm

Lauren, I am more comfortable at my current weight, but I really want to lose the last 10 kg - I still have many clothes I don't fit, and my body would look so much better if I was toned up. I do see your point though - but I think I need to convince the rest of me that 61kg is where I should be (I am still overweight according to BMI and weight for height).

Ali, thanks for your words - it is a relief to know that it's not just me!!!! I am trying the short-term focus thing too when I can (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't). If I figure it out, I will let you know!! :D

wilmawalrus

Postby wilmawalrus » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:37 pm

Well, things have improved marginally, but not much. I was not too bad until about Thursday, when the binge monster started to come out a little bit again. I also had a cold for the entire week, and my hip is pretty stuffed at the moment, so exercise - what's that again? (I lie, I walked about 3km yesterday afternoon from the cinema to my mother-in-law's house - I missed out on popcorn at the movies because I had to sit behind hubby and the kids as the cinema was packed - probably a good thing!)

Weigh in on Thursday showed a bit of a loss - 1/2 to 1kg, depending on how many times I stood on the scale (I'm going with 1kg :? ), so back to around 71kg.

Gonna try to get back on the wagon AGAIN this week - probably won't be able to exercise much until after my osteo appointment on Wednesday though.

Hope everyone has a great week - I'm aiming for some of everyone else's good results vibe to rub off on me !!

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:59 pm

That's a great success, Lisa. Good on you! Good luck with getting back on the wagon. And good luck with the osteo. I hope you get over this cold and start feeling better in general soon.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby GoddessInside » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:20 pm

Damn that binge monster ... want me to set the traps for ya ;)

Honestly hun .... still a good loss considering that monster was around. Ill join ya on your wagon, to help ease the load. We're all here for ya ... holla when you need us :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Cac33 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:45 am

Hey Lisa

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. Well done on the loss! That's great considering the binge monster was around & you haven't been able to exercise much.

Good luck with the osteo & take care chicky
Cass xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Tarz » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:33 am

Hi Lisa, Well done on the loss, and not having any popcorn! I was shoked when i saw how many calories were in cinema popcorn, i love it, even the smell i love.
Kick the binge monster up the keister - your doing great, hope your feeling better and ready to take on this week.
Tarz

Postby wilmawalrus » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:18 pm

Thanks girls!! This forum just rocks!!

Well, some good news at the osteo today - he said that mechanically I'm doing OK, but the hip is hurting because it has been aggravated for so long, there is some bursitis in there (inflamed fluid) so when I get up from sitting, it hurts. It is easy to fix with some voltaren gel for a week or so. My knee, leg and foot weren't too good either, but he's done what needed to be done, and then said that I could start walking again, which would probably help recovery. YAY!!!!!

A bit sore tonight though - gonna have a shower soon and put on the gel and have a cuppa (instead of snacks).

Yes Helen, traps for that nasty monster would be good - he's good mates with TTOM which is fast approaching.

Been reading around - looks like everyone is going pretty well this week. :D

wilmawalrus

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:25 pm

I'm glad they've found what's wrong with your hip, Lisa. I hope you get better soon with the help of the Voltaren gel!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:42 pm

That's great you've found a treatment that's going to help you recover - and quickly too :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby B'sgirl » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear about your hip/leg & that you're having some struggle with your weightloss goals. I have to agree with Ali, I think it's just winter. I'm having similar trouble, I just can't get motivated! :x

Anyway, hope the voltaren is working & that you're back on track in no time!

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby Cac33 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:18 am

Hey Lisa

Glad the osteo has found the problem & now you're on the way to recovery. Take care of yourself & keep on plying on the voltaren. Yay that you're allowed to start walking again, you must be happy with that.

Take care chicky xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:57 am

great news that there's a plan for recovery :) hope it settles down soon & you enjoy some walking :)
sassi

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress