It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Sugaraddicts Thread

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Sugaraddicts Thread

Postby sugaraddict » Wed May 21, 2008 11:45 am

Today, I am starting out on a new mission to lose three Kilos in five weeks. I have done it before, and can do it again. I used to be 47 kilos, having said that, I was finishing my degree, planning a wedding, buying a house, and getting my first proper job. Losing weight was easy. My mind was so occupied, that I would forget to eat. I never thought about food, and I felt sick if I ate too much anyway, so I never did it. Now all I think about is food. I eat something then immediately think about the next snack or meal. I can't get it out of my head. The more I think I need to stop eating and losing weight, the more I think about it and the more I eat. I start the day with a healthy breakfast, then during the day i am ok. I generally eat really healthy, just lots. Nights are the worst. I get home and want to eat the the house out. I can't stop myself. I think its emotional eating. I am bored, tired after a long day at work, been thinking about food all day.
Exercise is never a problem for me. I feel awful if I don't exercise. I walk at least four or five hours a week, play an hour of netball, two hours of volleyball, and an hour at the gym each week. Its food that is the problem. I have to stop eating so much!

I am going on holiday in five weeks, and I want to feel confident in my bikini again. I want to be able to put it on and feel great. I want to lose 3 kilos, in 5 weeks. :oops:

Here I go!
sugaraddict

Re: Sugaraddicts Thread

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 21, 2008 1:10 pm

Hi Sugaraddict. Good luck with your goal! What is your plan to get there? Are you going to be counting calories? If so then many people here swear by Calorie King (http://www.calorieking.com.au). Are you going to count points like on Weight Watchers? Are you going to try a meal replacement program? Or are you going to do it intuitively by eating better and exercising more?

I know what you mean about constantly thinking about food. I used to do that but I found the mind programming techniques (hypnosis) of Paul McKenna's book and CD "I can make you thin" really helped in changing my attitudes towards eating and food. I highly recommend them.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to lose those three kilos in the time frame you've set out.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sugaraddict » Thu May 22, 2008 12:50 pm

I think what I will do to try to reach my goal is to eat less. I already eat really healthily, apart from lots of chocolate. So I will cut out chocolate and cut down on serving sizes.

I am so proud of myself, last night I got home from work and my husband wasn't getting home until late. Normally that would be when I eat the house down! Plus I would eat half of dinner while I was cooking it. For the first time, I snacked on celery and carrott sticks, snowpeas and brocoli while i cooked. by the time my husband got home and it was time for dinner, I wasn't all that hungry. I had a small protion, then pushed the plate away and said' I have had enough!" That is the first time in my life I have been able to do that. We had Nachos, which is one of my favourite dinners. Normally I would devour the whole lot, about three times too much food then what I should be eating. So, day one went pretty good! One step at a time.
Tonight I am going out for dinner with some girlfriends. They are all big drinkers and eaters. We are going to Thai though, so thats relatively healthy. I will just have to be strong again like I was last night!
sugaraddict

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu May 22, 2008 1:02 pm

Good on you Sugaraddict! It sounds like you're got a great plan worked out. You've figured out your weaknesses and you're dealing with them accordingly. Well done! I'm sure it will work out great for you.

Hope you have a great girl's night out tonight!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shelbel » Thu May 22, 2008 1:09 pm

Well done sugaraddict! Thats the way this weightloss business works, its a a series of small events that over time lead to big changes! I used to a shocker with my portion sizes too! I would serve my partner up a massive meal (because he needs fattening up! :roll: ) then i would match it, i was eating way more then my body needed!

Good luck for tonight! Maybe try a low alco wine, you can still join in the fun, but with less calories! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby B'sgirl » Fri May 23, 2008 9:06 am

Hi Sugaraddict,

You seem to be making good choices & habits regarding your weight loss. You'll kick those last three kilo's in no time! :D

Good luck with it all!

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby sugaraddict » Fri May 23, 2008 10:50 am

I did it! This is the most amazing feeling in my life to finally be in control of my eating.. well, for two days so far anyway. I went out to dinner with the girls last night, and I controlled my eating! I used the excuse that I had to drive to avoind drinking, and on of the other girls there didn't either because she is pregnant so that was ok. Then I had a moderate portion of food, and stopped at that! I had been saving up all day for it so I was hungry.

Thanks everyone for your support. I really appreciate it. I can't wait to get on here everyday. It gives me motivation and sometimes a distraction if I am thinking about food. Also, since you have all been so nice, I dont want to let you down!

Hope you are all going well in your goals
sugaraddict

Postby sugaraddict » Fri May 23, 2008 5:48 pm

Oh no! I went home at luch today becuase my husband had the day off, and he had potato gems and corn fritters cooked for me! Ahhhhhh! It was so sweet, but I really did not want to eat it! I have been doing so well! Oh well, I'm still not over my daily limit so I will just have to be careful for the rest of the day. :cry:
sugaraddict

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon May 26, 2008 11:51 am

How did you go with the weekend, Sugaraddict?

It's a pain when someone else tries to feed us what we shouldn't be eating. Even when it's out of love! I hope you managed to balance out your calories so that it was a successful day for you.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sugaraddict » Fri May 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Im very sorry to say that I have been doing terribly. I have been eating ice cream and chocolate almost every night and have not lost a scerric of weight. How do people do this? I can manage a day, but the next day I just can't do it. I feel really low. I just don't think I have the will power to do this. I dont know what else to try. :cry:
sugaraddict

Postby B'sgirl » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:25 am

Hi Sugaraddict,

Hang in there mate. WE all go through it, it's just a matter of excepting what we've done (bingeing/overeating etc) & moving on from it. I always tell myself that there WILL be days where I WILL stuff it up & that it is ok to do that. Just take it one day at a time or even one meal at a time if that's easier.

Just jump on here when you need reassurance or PM me if you want.

Take care,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Return to Personal Progress