It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:58 pm

Free Newsletter

HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Postby hippy_shake » Wed May 28, 2008 3:33 am

Its been such an inspiration reading everyone else's Personal Journey blogs that I figured I better start my own :D
I'm getting married to my wonderful fiance this year, so thats part of my motivation to get fit and loose the weight, but its mostly just for me- I just want to feel good, and I want what everyone sees to be a true reflection of how I see myself.
So I'm beginning this currently weighing 80kg, which is the most I've ever weighed in my life and it was a big shock to actually see that number on the scale, but I figure whats done is done, I can only change whats happening now and I know that slowly I WILL achieve the body I deserve. :D
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Re: HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Postby Booties » Wed May 28, 2008 9:20 am

welcome :p

YAY for you joining the forums :) its a really great thing, seriously, cos they help heaps in motivation and in understanding a healthier lifestyle, foodwise and exercise wise :p

Nice kombi ;) ;)

So we are kinda the same weight then :)

I will be keeping you in check missy! That is something I would have loved to have had when I started out, someone who lived very close to me, keeping me accountable :)

and YOU DEFINITELY WILL get the body you deserve :)

Yay, you can dooooo it :p

Hugs
Rach

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby lng86 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:42 am

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Best wishes for your weight loss journey.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby hippy_shake » Wed May 28, 2008 9:46 am

Hey guys thanks for the encouragement!! Just a quick update (before i launch back into the awfulness of my last uni assignment)
Today (Wednesday) is my weigh in day, and I have lost 2kg!!
No more 80s for me, now I'm 78 which sits a whole lot better in my head! :D
Just need to figure out how to get this weight loss ticker thing working properly....

hippy_shake

Postby lng86 » Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 am

Congratulations!

What an awesome start!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Booties » Wed May 28, 2008 10:56 am

awww great work!!! now we don't weigh near the same hehe

Your weight is gunna drop off ya :p

What exercising are you doing?

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 28, 2008 12:34 pm

2kg is a great loss, HippyShake! Well done and good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hippy_shake » Wed May 28, 2008 12:56 pm

Haha Rach, I'm sure you're gonna catch up to me... first week is always more dramatic i think?
Been pretty sick and still trying to get over the last of it so I've been focusing mostly on eating well, lots of healthy soup and whatnot, cuz I didn't want to overdo it and make myself sick all over again! So I've just been going for walks for now, but I'm going to the gym tonight to start my free 2 week pass which i intend to take full advantage of now that I'm not working and I have a bit of a gap until the next uni assessment :) Lol i feel like a total stalker, I don't actually 'know' you guys- well apart from rachel, but I feel like I kinda do know you all a little bit from reading over the forums- such an inspiration, I love it here!

hippy_shake

Postby Booties » Wed May 28, 2008 4:46 pm

hehe yeah the forum is great and u can make awesome friendships on here too :) its great motivation when ur starting weightloss and great motivation while u are doing it :p

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby B'sgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi Hippy! (can I call you that?)

Congrats on the 2keg loss! Have fun at the gym & hope you feel better soon :D .

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby hippy_shake » Wed May 28, 2008 5:57 pm

Hey, you can call me whatever you like.. my real names Jane, but hippy's cool too :D
Just came back from uni (many accidents on the road today :( ) But i've handed in my last assignment for this degree!! Just 2 more exams and i'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hippy_shake

Postby B'sgirl » Wed May 28, 2008 6:16 pm

Hey Hippy,

Just wondering what uni degree are you studying?

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed May 28, 2008 9:01 pm

Congrats on being so close to the end, Jane! I hope you do really well in your exams. What are you planning on doing afterwards? Are you going to look for a job straight away or take some time off?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hippy_shake » Wed May 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey everyone,

Regarding uni I'm finishing my BA in Media Studies and English Lit. Can't wait for it to be over! Although I did totally enjoy my degree its just been very long as i did a tonne of different courses, changed my majors and even my degree at one point, so its been 3and a half years and i think i deserve a break.

As far as plans for the future, I'm not looking to jump into anything too soon- I have been working pretty much full time along with my degree and in part its contributed to the weight gain so I quit that job. I've got plenty to focus on, get married and all the wedding prep, and also we are gonna do some traveling at the end of the year so I'll just get a casual job later on.

In the long run tho I'm beginning to seriously consider doing a degree in psychology, as I've done the first year courses at my uni (part of my not knowing what I wanted to do phase) and its really something I'm interested in, but definately not starting that for at least 6 months! My brain needs a break! :p

Anyway, back to weight related stuff, we went and signed up for the free 2 week gym membership- looks so good and the sales guy was very convincing trying to get us to sign on for a full membership but I'd prefer to just take the free ones every once in a while cuz I was part of a gym before and I just got bored and it became a huge :shock: waste of money. We had planned to work out after filling out all the questions etc, but to get my assignment done I went to bed at 5am and got up again at 7.30, so didn't think it would be wise to push myself after only 2.5 hours of sleep. Looking forward to the gym tomorrow though, going to RPM- haven't been before but apparently it burns 800calories in a session and totally kills.. lol i do love a good challenge 8) . We're also putting the deposit on my wedding ring and hopefully finding one for my fiance chris tomorrow :)

Eating wise I've been really good...astonishing in fact, I don't think I've eaten anything I shouldn't have,despite assignments and all which i usually use as a cop out. So thats good motivation in itself, to keep it up until it simply becomes habit.

Wow long post- but just wanted to say thanks for being so welcoming guys!! Oh and I'm considering putting up some before pics when i find my camera cable... :roll:

hippy_shake

Postby Booties » Thu May 29, 2008 9:07 am

oooOOOooo go jane :p

I am also looking forward to gym tonight :) we can both work our butts off, together, in different locations haha

Are you and Chris having yellow gold? or white gold? or is chris having that um guy one? Titanium? is that wat its called? haha I dunno. Ryan has white gold and I have yellow :) matches my engagement ring.

Did you get a good amount of sleep??? I cannot believe you stayed up all day on 2.5hrs sleep!!! I would have been out like a light haha

Have fun at the gym tonight, let me know how you go :) and awesome to hear about your eating habits :p You really do notice how bad foods are when you use calorie king, and how bad you are actually eating, I was eating much lollies and chocolate and chips hehe hence my weight gain :p at one point hehe

Catch ya Jane :p

Rach

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Next

Return to Personal Progress