It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Postby Tarz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Jane, i know what you mean about the clothes making you feel rubbish. I think when you first notice things feel loose you get all excited then as soon as you put them on and they are too big it makes you feel bad becasue it makes you realise the size you were. Congrats on the size 12 dress and all the compliments. Go buy yourself just a few bits and pieces, a skirt, some boardies and a few tops to get you through to end of year sales.

hippy_shake wrote: Even though I haven't had a good weekend- 3 fun size chocs, coke zero, and a corona However I managed to get through a 21st party and a birthday party pretty well so considering the situations I was in this weekend I think I did ok

You think you did okay? I think you did great. Imagine what you would have had if you hadn't learnt all you've learnt! Just remember you are allowed to live still. Your doing great and the last of the weight is just going to drop off you soon.

So 2 weeks of the new job have gone by, are you still in love with it? Is it goodbye forever to muffin break?
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:58 am

Tough PT session today but I can already see that I'm improving in my upper body strength so thats good :)

Yeah Whit3- I had thought about it but I seriously don't have the time at the moment. My mam has offered to take some work pants etc in though so I'll have to take her up on that offer before I have nothing to wear! :)

Was talking to my PT today and she said that she'd like to get me down to 57 kilos :D she thinks it would be a really good weight for my height- but we'll just aim for 60 now and see what happens. Also I had always thought I was an 'apple' body type but she said that I'm not- apparentely I'm more tubular so the weight will come off everywhere evenly :) Can't wait!!

Thanks Indi- think I was stressing cuz the wedding will be here so soon and I don't want to stuff up my own chances of loosing the weight before then, and yes Chris is the most amazing fantastic supportive guy EVER!! I don't know what I'd do without him :)

Gotta head back to the gym and don't finish till 7 tonight but I still like working out in the mornings- now any other incidental exercise is a bonus instead of struggling to make myself do something at 7 or 8 at night.

My goal for this week is to get more sleep!! I can't survive on minimal sleep and think its been affecting my mood and everything lately so in bed no later than 10, but hopefully 9.30 every night this week.

Have a great day guys :)

Lots of love,
Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:01 am

Man you're insightful Tara-I think thats alot of it, I mean I'm happy to be a size 12 now, but it make me feel terrible that I was a size 16 and unhappy with my body for so long.

And yeah- I resisted a delicious looking mud cake on sunday too- so proud of myself! :)

Yep, would never go back to muffin break in a million years, it was a terrible environment for someone loosing weight and I haven't had a muffin since :) Still loving the job and learning lots of things. Don't have my own office yet though so I think I'll feel more settled when I can set that up with my own stuff.

hippy_shake

Postby whit3tig3y » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:29 am

Jane your amazing!!!! If what you ate on the weekend you concider a slip up, you must have so much self control!!!!!! I would concider that a snack not a slip up :lol:

Hows the job going? Hope your enjoying it :) Much better enviroment for you than muffin break was!!!! Your a healthy fitness girl not a flabby muffin girl :)
SW: 139.3kg - 01/01/2012
CW: 136.8kg - 08/01/2012
Goal: 60kg

whit3tig3y

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:48 am

Well when you have a trainer scrutinizing your meals for the week it does feel like a slip up- but I haven't binged or anything so far so I'm proud of that :D

The job is going great- however this week I'm feeling really tired. Didn't have the relaxing week we had planned so now working late plus early mornings for PT is taking its toll. Trying to get on top of it though and might just go for a walk with chris tonight instead of doing cardio at the gym as we don't get to see each other as much these days and I don't want exercise etc to become more important than us spending time together.

Oh I have good news- we applied for a rental house on the weekend and we got it!! Its a lovely 3 bedroom house with new carpet and fresh painted walls, and also has a big patio out the back and a nice backyard, and they will let us have the cat! Its so cool cuz I really didn't think we had a chance, there was a lot of people at the open day and apparently 11 people applied but we got it! :) The lady who was doing the tour apparently put in a good word for us too :) so that was nice of her. We're signing the lease on Thursday and I think we can start moving in then! I won't be moving in till after we're married but its great because its only 6 mins away from Chris's work and about the same to mine in the other direction, and now I'll be able to see him even if I have a late night at work :) And we get to set up our house together!! YAY :D I'm so excited!!

hippy_shake

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:19 pm

Had another good day with eating today, basically I eat 6 meals a day which look like this;

Meal 1: Porridge with protein powder and psyllium husk
Meal 2: Forme no fat yogurt
Meal 3: Brown rice, chicken and broccoli
Meal 4: Cruskits and cottage cheese
Meal 5: Chicken and Salad
Meal 6: Forme no fat yogurt and tea

Sometimes I alternate chicken with tinned tuna or lean steak but thats basically what I eat everyday and luckily I enjoy it all :) Have been making a conscious effort to drink more during the day also but I think I could still improve on that. Didn't do any exercise today as I was feeling a bit under the weather, kinda in that pre-sick stage and didn't want to get sick. Tomorrow though I'm going to go for a run as I don't start work till 12 so I'm looking forward to that :) Finally cleaned my room too- which sounds minor but I think its really gonna help my headspace and make me unwind rather than stress out at night time.

Still working on having early nights...so on that note I'll head to bed.

:) Jane

hippy_shake

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:24 am

I see someone else has a Forme yoghurt addiction :lol: .

What flavours are you buying? I have been getting the banana and creamy honey, 'tis lovely, I can't get enough of it at the moment :P .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 am

Yeah- its what the reccommend for the body for life challenge plus its an easy snack to have at work. I get all the flavours, usually buy a six pack of cartons (strawberry, blackberry and boysenberry i think) but also bought a big one of vanilla to have at home. Only 70 calories a serve and they taste delicious :) Just wish they were a bit cheaper...

hippy_shake

Postby Shalimar » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:28 am

They are a bit on the expensive side :( . I buy the big carton for my breakfast smoothies and I have it drizzled over watermelon and prunes also. I might check out the smaller single serve tubs when I next go shopping. I think Woolies had the big tubs on special for $4 this week, it might have been Coles though :P .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Cac33 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:02 pm

Well done Jane you're coming along so well & I can't believe how focused you are even with the new job. Think how much of a stunningly skinny bride you're going to be when the big day comes around!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:50 pm

Yeah they are really expensive :( Alas the things we do to loose weight :P And yeah it was woolies, I try to go in just before 9 and sometimes you can get them at a reduced price.

Thanks cass- I'm really happy with my progress, however it doesn't feel like I'm as focused as I could be. My diet is definitely getting way better but I'm still trying to fit in exercise with work and so far this week it isn't happening much unfortunately. Its hard because at the moment it is a choice between exercise and chris or exercise and much needed sleep. Am hoping when he moves we might be able to go to the gym more often, or at least I won't have to choose between him or the gym as he will be close :) Have a PT session on Friday that should be good- its really weird though I did an arms one on monday and I didn't have lots of soreness after :? even though I worked really hard... strange

hippy_shake

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 am

You're doing really well, Jane. Good on you! I'm so impressed with your progress. And congrats on the new house! It sounds really lovely.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Booties » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:10 pm

I agree you are doing great!

Is this a house you bought? or rental? where abouts is it? whats it like? is it high rent there? or is it the same as everywhere hehe

Awesome news though, cos i know how hard it is to get a place these days.

Dont worry about how ur weeks have been with schedualing in workouts, chris and work and sleep. U will get the hang of it, and then it will become habit :) and remember soon chris will always be with you :) time without him can become good 'self' time, for relaxation, and just to get back to life and all. I am just saying treasure it :) cos its nice he he but awesome how u guys will be able to see each other more cos of location of the house.

I am glad things are well.

Take care.

** I will be 70 kgs by Christmas 2009 **

RACHEL CAN DOOOO IT!!!
Booties

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:59 pm

Well we've signed the lease and its all good!! I can't believe we seriously got the house- will start moving stuff and setting it up this weekend :D Its only a rental rach- and yeah we got a really great deal and for the condition of the house they could have put a much higher price on it!

Work has been a bit more mentally tough this week but I'm still loving it. Continually busy though and NEED to schedule more time for cardio!! Eating wise I'm going good- although I'm finding that I have so much to learn, as I had 3 PTs critiquing my intake for the week :shock: it was scary but they always come out with more info which will make next week better.

One more day of work and then the weekend!! I will breathe a sigh of relief and am looking forward to some chillout time that isn't taken up by other commitments/family stuff. I just want to do nothing! Or at the most maybe sit down and read :)

Have a great friday everyone :)
Jane

hippy_shake

Postby Indi3 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:19 am

Hey Jane
I think your doing great.. the food looks good and you (like me) have heaps of support so there's other to be accountable to which makes a huge difference! i'm totally with you with the whole trying to find time to exercise, rest, see friends, work etc.. after a set routine its really hard to get into the swing of an ever changing schedule.

By the way, Is the body for life thing a 12 week program?
Indi
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress