It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:15 am

Free Newsletter

HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

Re: HippyShake's Fun Filled Journey :)

Postby Indi3 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 am

Doh! I Just read my post.. and You asked ME if i was doing a 12 week challenge through the gym like you! Ha! .. I guess that answers my question!

But im not doing mine through the gym, im doing my own and using the gym of course for work outs. The personal trainers there are helpful though, passing on advice etc.

My 12 week challnege ends the week of christmas.. so i will probably have to xtend it to a longer challenge.. although i'm not looking at the 12 weeks as the end.. i want to continue to maintain healthy living and increase my fitness etc.

:wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby wilmawalrus » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Jane!! You're blitzing it - I've been away for a bit, and you're just going off! Congrats about your new house too.

Lisa xx

Finished detox but staying on track - and it's paying off!!
wilmawalrus

Postby Tarz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:06 am

Congrats on getting the house! How did the moving go? Lots of extra exercise involved in that!
That is a great benefit to have 3 pts criticing your diet! Could be a bit scary at times but you will have access to somany knowledgable people! Hows the body for life challlange going?
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:29 am

Haha thats all good Indi- yeah my one is like an official one through the gym but I'm gonna miss the last 2 weeks cuz I'll be on my honeymoon :)

Thanks Lisa- yeah the new place is lovely, we'll be doing lots more healthy cooking now that we have a nice kitchen :)

Yeah Tarz- I feel so blessed to have so many people who know so much about health and fitness around me all the time. Its great to be able to chat to them about running etc and actually know that they are interested. Body for life is going good- been working my a$$ off!! Unfortunately though my scales are stupid and say I've gained and am back up to 69kg but my trainer said to throw them away because with putting on muscle etc they're just not accurate. She said it looks like I've lost weight so I'm just gonna go by appearance from now on- and clothes of course. Got up at 4.30am yesterday to go for a run and it was gorgeous! I love going with a group and we go 3 times a week now. I just find I stay on track more when other people are doing it too. its been tough lately though with working lots but I'm still really enjoying it :)
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Cac33 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm so proud of you Jane! You are truly amazing! 4:30am to go for a run - that's dedication! 3 times a week running with your group & all the extra stuff you put in through the week, the weight is coming off for sure! Ignore the stupid scales because you would be gaining muscle & toning at the same time.
Can't wait to see pics of you as a stunning bride! Take care xox
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby hippy_shake » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:15 am

Thanks cass :) Its kinda cool to step back and realise that I'm taking the steps towards becoming the person I have always wanted to be! I have always wanted to be a runner and now I'm doing it!

I also have exciting news!! We went shopping at the DFO and got lots of bargains from the surf shops that had a lot of stuff reduced- all of it was a size 10 but i picked up 2tops and a jumper anyway because they were only $10 for good Von Zipper clothes- pretty much hoping I might fit into them on the honeymoon after I've lost weight. But anyway I got home and thought I'd try on one just to see how much further I had to go and it actually fit!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that I can wear size 10 shirts!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I know I'm still definitely a 12 or above in pants and that sizes can vary but still me in a size 10 is just crazy! :D

Had a lovely relaxing day off today- hung out with a friend, went shopping, saw a movie and then came home, had a yummy thai meal with chris and had a relaxing evening that involved no wedding planning :) Hooray!

Have to work tomorrow, but I'm feeling more up to it now- just need to get a good nights sleep :)

hippy_shake

Postby Shalimar » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:54 am

Excellent stuff Jane, it's always exciting when something you don't think will fit does :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Tarz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:08 am

Well done on the shopping at DFO! SIze 10's thats fantastic! I went to our DFO the other day but had one of those trips where i couldn't find anything! You in a size 10 is not crazy, you have been working so hard for it so enjoy it!
Tarz

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:24 pm

Haha thanks guys- I think it seriously is just that my head hasn't caught up to where my body is at these days- like yesterday I was cold at work and my boss offered me her jumper but I said no straight away because it wouldn't fit, and she said well thats what you said about the size 10 uniform shirts the other day...and surprise surprise it fit :) which is kinda bizzare and doesn't make sense cuz she is this skinny as size 8 girl and somehow I'm fitting into her clothes?? And I do have a long way to go but it seems as though this shouldn't be happening just yet...hopefully my brain will catch up soon :P

But argh I'm sick :( Not happy!! It just hit me mid morning yesterday and I struggled through most of the day but ended up just going home sick (which is very rare for me) and had awful fevers and then freezing cold and lots of aches and pains :( Not a fun night. This morning the fever seemed to be gone but was feeling out of it all day so didn't go to work- hopefully will be up to going in tomorrow but have cancelled my PT tomorrow morning as I had a session on monday morning just before it hit me and its really not good having muscle pain on top of everything else. Hopefully I'll bounce back from it pretty quick though- have tried to stick to healthy eating, only making the addition of apple and orange juice as they always make me feel better when I'm sick.

Have been contemplating taking some progress shots and putting them up but I can't find my camera cable and don't want to have pics of me in a bikini on my camera so I'll wait till I find it-I just really hope I can see a difference this time.

Oh and I mentioned a pair of jeans a while ago that I haven't fit into for over 2 years- well now I'm wearing them all the time :) Not that they are in fashion or anything, but still its nice to be reminded of how far I have come. They're a size 12 and a bit tight still so the next goal is to have them feeling loose :)

hippy_shake

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:28 am

Well I did it, I took the progress pics...now I just need to find the camera cable and show you all

I think I can see a difference, however I can't find the original bikinis and had to wear a much smaller one which makes me look bigger I think :( But I have definitely lost weight from my back and my stomach is getting a bit smaller. But I'll put them up as soon as I can find the cable.

Still feeling sick and out of it but don't want to take any more time off work. Only have today to get through and then I have friday off :)

hippy_shake

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 am

Sorry to hear you're not well, Jane. I hope you get better quickly. You're doing so well with your fitness and weight loss plan. Well done! And congrats on getting down to size 10 tops!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hippy_shake » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:27 am

Still getting over the sickness and have put on a few kilos :( really not happy. Only 4 weeks till the wedding which kinda freaks me out but I'm gonna just keep focusing and lose what I can lose before then. Had PT session yesterday and went running so thats a good start- I want to do some sort of exercise everyday. Oh and the noosa triathlon is next week...no idea how that got here so fast but I think I'll be ok as I ran 10km a few weeks ago- just need to get 100% better.

hippy_shake

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:18 am

Well I think I'm on the mend- had blood tests done yesterday so hopefully that will show if anything is wrong but I"m feeling alot more capable of rising to the challenge today! I've roped my mam and sister into a weight loss plan so we'll be good company and support for each other :) I'm having veggie juice each morning too which should boost my immune system and stop me from getting sick again, and I'm back to loosing weight :) Starting off again at 69.5kg which is not too bad as I got up to 72 and possibly higher- being sick is not good for weight loss but my energy is starting to return now :)

hippy_shake

Postby matchbox » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:01 pm

hey jane, sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. glad to hear you're getting better though :) that's great you have some company with the weightloss thing too - i'm sure it'll help :)
xx
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Well I did it, I ran the Noosa triathlon :) 10kms in just over an hour :) Very happy with myself as I was very sick that day (still am) and had bad muscle craps from weight training :( Also I didn;t get to run until about 10.45am which is crazy as I'm used to running around 5-6 in the morning. It was so hard but so worth it and its inspired chris :) Now we're going to train for a traithlon together!! Doing some of the enticer short ones when we get back from the honeymoon in January but the goal is to be able to do the full Noosa one next year!!! Don't know how we'll go with the 1.5km swim, 40km cycle and 10km run but its a great goal to have for the year :) Am still getting over this sickness! Blood tests didn't show much- a slightly low iron count but nothing major. So I'm on antibiotics and hoping it all goes away soon!!!

hippy_shake

PreviousNext

Return to Personal Progress