It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:40 pm

Free Newsletter

clara's finally going to get there! what do you think?!

Record your personal weight loss progress here.

Moderators: Dolly, Moderators

clara's finally going to get there! what do you think?!

Postby clara111 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:37 pm

ok so ive had enough of all my weight issues. i am determined to get to my goal!

i started this plan on saturday and have been going well.. although its only been 5 days!

start: 78.6kg, 28.9% fat
aim: 65kg, 21% fat

in the past ive been bad with food. i have either good days or bad days. on good days im perfect with food and exercise. on bad days i eat something not considered 'healthy' and then basically think stuff it so i eat whatever junk i can find and tell myself i'll start healthy tomorrow. this may happen but only ever lasts a few days then i do the bad day binge again.
so basically i aim to have just have normal days. it sounds weird but i want to have a chocolate bar or some chips occassionally in a day.. but thats it for the day in terms of bad stuff. i want to be able to eat something bad and not feel like ive failed. i want to be able to continue the rest of the day healthily.

AIMS....

-eat 1200 calories per day (i have downloaded the calorie king nutrition and exercise manager to help me count this)
-drink lots of green tea and water
-go to the gym for an hour 6 times per week
-go for a walk for 30mins or so per day. i find it really help clear my head and get some fresh air.
-start running again like i used to and get to be able to run 5km easily

i have come to the conclusion that when i feel bad, i eat badly. so i have decided that every morning i will get up and start my day with the gym. get rid of it and make me feel more awake and ready for the rest of the day. i then aim to come home, shower and then dry my hair nicely and put on nice clothes. i feel like when i look good i am happier with myself and therefore wont have a lazy day and be at risk of binging because i feel like rubbish. although totally simple i think that this will really help me stay on track.

i have also thought of rewards for myself such a new hair straightner when im under 72, and have decided not to drink any alcohol until im under 70 (not so bad atm since its uni exam time!) since i find that when i drink, apart from drinking too much, i eat soooo much food on top of it all.

SO THATS PRETTY MUCH IT!! SOUNDS SIMPLE ENOUGH. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS!

please let me know what you think of this. i'll make sure i keep updating my progress. think it will help me stick to it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKPKT1n/]
[/url]
clara111

Re: clara's finally going to get there! what do you think?!

Postby hippy_shake » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:45 am

Hey,

Congrats on taking the first step and working out a plan that you can stick to, I think thats a really good idea as you will always have something to fall back on. I think giving up alcohol for a while is a great way to kick start you into your routine, and doing gym in the morning before anything has happened emotionally to make you not want to go is also a great idea!!

We also have similar starting and goal weights, dunno about you but i like to know that there are other people out there in a similar situation to me :) Good luck with your exams, I have 2 more to go and then freedom! Let us know how you're going with everything

All the best,
Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:10 pm

Sounds like you've got a great plan there, Clara! I look forward to reading about your progress. Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby B'sgirl » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Hi Clara,

Your plan sounds great! Keep us updated on your progress,

B'sgirl
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby shelbel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:30 pm

Hi and Welcome!

I know what you mean about the all or nothing eating, i used to be the same. Id eat healthy for a day or 2 then wonder why i didnt lose 2kgs overnight! :D Ive learnt so much from this forum, the people on here are a weath of knowledge and much needed support!

Good luck with your goals and i look forward to reading up on your progress.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby clara111 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Week one...

First of all thanks to you all for reading this and for your words of encouragement! It feels good to write everything on here because I don’t feel comfortable talking to someone face-to-face about it.

I’m going to weigh in tomorrow morning but thought I’d let you know how my week was now (although its 4.30 so the day isn’t yet over... but I’ve already done my exercise and know what I’m eating for the rest of the day so it will be fine... especially since I know I’m weighing myself in the morning!).

I think the week went pretty well!

I’m happy to say that every morning I went to the gym for an hour (even a couple of times at 6am before I had work at 8!) and also walked for an hour on 6 of these days.

Each day I ate 1200 calories in 5 or 6 smaller meals (putting everything into the calorie king) and also drank heaps of water and green tea. I didn’t have any alcohol either.

I didn’t feel the need to eat junk or binge and kept up with my morning routine so I felt better about myself during the day. I think this really helped. Especially since I spent so much time at home studying for my exams and was therefore pretty much bored all week and about 10m from the kitchen!

So hopefully in the morning I will see some results!

I was really surprised the other day when I weighed 76.8 because last month I was 73 so think I was retaining a lot of water when I weighed in. So I’m expecting whatever I lose will be quite a bit of this. I aim to be under 74 (a loss of 2.8 but with the water thing I think this should be reasonable).

So fingers crossed! We’ll know soon I guess!
[/url]
clara111

Postby holly80 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:36 pm

welcome to the forum.... i am sure you will have a great loss this week :D

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby clara111 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:40 am

AFTER WEEK ONE

I’m happy!

Weight: 73.2kg
Body fat: 26.8%
So I lost 3.6kg and 2.1% fat.

I’m guessing most of that is water but still it’s good. It’s given me more motivation to keep going this week which is a massive bonus.
Think I’ll use that motivation now and head straight to the gym... Get my day off to a good start!

Thanks for reading!
[/url]
clara111

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:11 pm

That's an amazing result for your first week, Clara. Good on you! Even if some of that is water weight, as you said, that's a very encouraging way to start your weight loss journey. Well done and good luck for this coming week!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby milkyway » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:56 pm

That's a very positive start :D
I look forward to reading about your continued progress
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby B'sgirl » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:12 pm

That's a great effort for the first week! Well done!

Hayley
SW-90.4KGS
CW-90.4
GW-60KGS

DEC '07-59KGS
SIZE 10
B'sgirl

Postby GumBoots » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:04 pm

Yay your the same weight as me. We can climb down the weight ladder together. Keep up the good work..
[/url]
GumBoots

Return to Personal Progress